Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the raptors a division leader favourite for the 2014-2015 season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    If jonas adds some more strength and post skills, ross improves his consistency, and derozan improves his defensive abilities in the offseason. We are a solid lock for the division
    And we resign Lowry and Pat Pat and Amir stay mostly healthy
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
      Nets will be pretty damn scary once they get Lopez back. They'll be able to play traditional with two bigs or long-ball, assuming they come back healthy. I don't like their long-term prospects but they'll be a tough team for at least another season.
      I don't think so actually.

I think that the nets next year are going to be awful. That's just my feeling. Pierce and garnett will be sporadic during the season.

D-will and joe johnson are who they are....they take nights off. That's why this team was only a decent regular season team.

You put brook lopez, and now all of that floor space is gone.

i dunno....

Call me crazy but I think in Boston and Philly you have our biggest competition in the future. Young team with something to play for.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
        I don't think so actually.

I think that the nets next year are going to be awful. That's just my feeling. Pierce and garnett will be sporadic during the season.

D-will and joe johnson are who they are....they take nights off. That's why this team was only a decent regular season team.

i dunno....

Call me crazy but I think in Boston and Philly you have our biggest competition in the future. Young team with something to play for.
        I agree with you balla, they turned their season around when lopez got hurt and they went small ball but lopez is their best player so who knows how it will work out next season and who will the Russian buy this off season

Comment

I wonder if this is even the right question to be asking. I'm watching OKC dominate the Clippers, and even then I think the Clippers would probably sweep us in the playoffs. These teams are ridiculously good. Every couple minutes they do something amazing.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
            I wonder if this is even the right question to be asking. I'm watching OKC dominate the Clippers, and even then I think the Clippers would probably sweep us in the playoffs. These teams are ridiculously good. Every couple minutes they do something amazing.
            When we had Bargs he would do something amazing every couple of seconds.

Not amazing as in: "oh my gosh future MVP!"

Amazing as in: "Wait, he was number 1 overall draft pick? How is he in the NBA?"

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
              Haha, yes they were! And then poof in the 4th qtr. That was some wild coaching by Doc Rivers in the 4th qtr putting CP on KD for defense !

Imagine what we would do to Casey if the Raps lost a 16 pt lead in the 4th and the team played as much iso ball as the Thunder. That was some game though but Brooks has to take a hit for this loss.

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post

A couple points.

1. Brooklyn was only an average team in the regular season because of a plague of injuries in the first half of the season combined with Jason Kidd simply not knowing what he was doing. By all accounts the small-ball lineup that was a dominant force after January 1 was Kidd's brainchild, and although the Nets are old getting hit with the number of injuries that they did this past year is unlikely.

2. Having Brook Lopez back and healthy is simply not going to be a minus for the Nets (who are, remember, a team that shot tons of threes anyway). In the off chance that Lopez can't mesh with the new Nets offensive scheme - which seems unlikely - he's still an All-Star level talent who can be traded for same.

I think the Nets next year are going to be what was expected of the Nets this year. They're going to be tough.

Comment

Nets are going to be like the Nets this year, underachieving.

Comment

If everything breaks just right, the nets could maybe look like contenders.

But with two max-contract, highly injury prone stars in DWill and Brook Lopez, two WAY past their prime starters in KG and PP, odds are they won't.

They've got no cap room, and I don't think they've got very many (any?) exceptions. They've got a bunch of guys entering free agency, billy king kinda sucks, they don't have any picks, I just can't imagine them improving on this year's squad.

We almost beat them in the playoffs this year, and we were at a major disadvantage with most of our guys in their first ever series. We're going to get better, the Nets won't.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                      If everything breaks just right, the nets could maybe look like contenders.

But with two max-contract, highly injury prone stars in DWill and Brook Lopez, two WAY past their prime starters in KG and PP, odds are they won't.

They've got no cap room, and I don't think they've got very many (any?) exceptions. They've got a bunch of guys entering free agency, billy king kinda sucks, they don't have any picks, I just can't imagine them improving on this year's squad.

We almost beat them in the playoffs this year, and we were at a major disadvantage with most of our guys in their first ever series. We're going to get better, the Nets won't.
                      Well, Pierce is a free agent, so he could easily be gone. Don't know why he'd have a particular loyalty to Brooklyn. He can go to a team without oft-injured stars. Heck, at least 5 or 6 teams in the West have as good a chance or better than Brooklyn (I'd lean toward better). And if he wants to go "home" to play one more year or something, that's probably going to be in Boston.

And KG? Well, I don't know how he can justify playing another year out there. He's pretty garbage right now. With Lopez back, he'd have to move to backup C, because he's way too slow to play PF at this point. He's just gotta accept it's over and retire.

Livingston is also a FA. So's Anderson and maybe someone finally offers him more than the minimum. Blatche and Kirilenko could be. It's really hard to know what their team will look like and there could be tons of holes in their supporting cast.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        Well, Pierce is a free agent, so he could easily be gone. Don't know why he'd have a particular loyalty to Brooklyn. He can go to a team without oft-injured stars. Heck, at least 5 or 6 teams in the West have as good a chance or better than Brooklyn (I'd lean toward better). And if he wants to go "home" to play one more year or something, that's probably going to be in Boston.

And KG? Well, I don't know how he can justify playing another year out there. He's pretty garbage right now. With Lopez back, he'd have to move to backup C, because he's way too slow to play PF at this point. He's just gotta accept it's over and retire.

Livingston is also a FA. So's Anderson and maybe someone finally offers him more than the minimum. Blatche and Kirilenko could be. It's really hard to know what their team will look like and there could be tons of holes in their supporting cast.
                        Great points. Even with those guys leaving, Brooklyn can't be players this summer though right?

Pretty sure they're still over the cap. Don't like DWill, Lopez and JJ make the 62M just among themselves?
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          Great points. Even with those guys leaving, Brooklyn can't be players this summer though right?

Pretty sure they're still over the cap. Don't like DWill, Lopez and JJ make the 62M just among themselves?
                          Yes, they are definitely over the cap. I think around $60M to those three guys. They owe Marcus Thornton about $8M. Even if KG retires, they still have to pay him $12M, and it counts toward the cap unless he has a career ending injury. Teletovic has about $3M guaranteed...and Plumlee and Marquis Teague are still on rookie deals. In other words, any holes that arise are going to be extra difficult to fill.

*Also, they have no 1st round picks in 2014, 2016 and 2018....Possibly only one 2nd round pick between 2014-2017 (in 2016 depending on conditions)....Have swaps of their 1st round picks in 2015 and 2017.....So yeah, they don't have a lot to work with in terms of assets.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Sun May 11, 2014, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X