Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warriors Fire Mark Jackson

I can't say I'm surprised.

EDIT: Looks like some NBA fans are pissed.
    Last edited by rocwell; Tue May 6, 2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Im pissed. But I see how GSW is underwhelming compared to their talent.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

OMG.

Do they really fired Jackson to hire rookie coach?

Comment

I don't think D'Antoni's a championship calibre coach, since he's basically incapable of getting his teams to play D.

But if there's one roster I can see him being perfect for and maybe having a chance with, it's GSW.

-Excellent shooting, including a leader at the PG position
          -Athleticism and versatility on the wing
          -A smooth PF who can pass, play in the post, and in the pick'n'roll/pop

They just need to turn Bogut into a more athletic C. He's solid, but he's unreliable because of injuries, and I don't know if the up and down pace will be good for him in that sense. Problem is the years and money owed him. Maybe Milwaukee could get desperate enough to unload Sanders that they'd bring back Bogut.

Comment

His Phoenix teams were middle of the pack defensively (pace of play adjusted) and that was with some seriously ordinary defensive players like Nash and Stoudemire. GSW are a defensive juggernaut, that wouldn't change magically just by him walking through the door. I think it'd be a great fit actually, since their offense really underachieved.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
              His Phoenix teams were middle of the pack defensively (pace of play adjusted) and that was with some seriously ordinary defensive players like Nash and Stoudemire. GSW are a defensive juggernaut, that wouldn't change magically just by him walking through the door. I think it'd be a great fit actually, since their offense really underachieved.
              Ah yes, but that's why metrics are funny. PHX didnt play very good D, they just played a unique style that if they could force their pace, it made the opponent make lots of bad decisions playing out of their comfort zone. That's also why PHX struggled in the playoffs, because if they couldn't force their pace and had to play a lot of halfcourt D, they'd fail to force those same poor choices.

Comment

Bogut has a no trade clause
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Doubt anyone could've got that roster to play great defense, but whatever.
                  And I don't think they neccesarily struggled in the playoffs either, they had good runs fell to the mighty spurs a couple of times and got a bit unlucky with suspensions and injuries. I think Stoudemire missed the entire season one time and they still made the WCF.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                    Doubt anyone could've got that roster to play great defense, but whatever.
                    And I don't think they neccesarily struggled in the playoffs either, they had good runs fell to the mighty spurs a couple of times and got a bit unlucky with suspensions and injuries. I think Stoudemire missed the entire season one time and they still made the WCF.
                    Fair enough. There were also simple problems related to inability to excel in the halfcourt on both ends. And, well, despite all the talent they had, they were not particularly deep, especially in the frontcourt.

Anyway, I think GSW is exactly the kind of roster D'Antoni needs, and there aren't a lot of teams like that which could fit his style. This one could, and he should show serious interest in the job.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                      Bogut has a no trade clause
                      He does? God....why? No trade clauses are so rare and usually reserved for true superstars....what was GSW thinking?

Comment

you're definitely right that they struggled in the half court at times, I do remember it well.

And Bogues is a superstar, come on now!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X