Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything Coach

If Vogel, Mark Jackson, Brooke's are fired and Jeff Van Gundy,Stan Van Gundy , George Karl available who should try to bring in as Head Coach

A van Gundy or Ollie

Comment

Raptors baby !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Using Tapatalk

Comment

Toronto should try a Phil Jackson type move to bring in an elite coach like Jeff Van Gundy.What is the use of bringing in players to play under Casey.

Comment

I'd look at Chip Engelland and Chad Forcier. Both are longtime Spurs assistant coaches. I like what Atlanta is doing with Budenholzer. Speaking of which, Atlanta assistant Quin Snyder is another top candidate.

Knowing Masai, he probably has new head coach in mind already.
          Last edited by Primer; Thu May 1, 2014, 08:05 PM.

Comment

The new head coach has to be a long term solution. Getting an assistant from the Spurs sounds good.Maybe one of Thibs assistants

Comment

I'm so hgasppy someone hates Casey as much has I do

Comment

I'm also completely fine with promoting Nurse or Bayno. Masai knew what he was doing when he hired them. I'm particularly high on Nurse as a possible head coach. He's won coach of the year awards in every league he's coached in, had a ton of success at two different D-League teams (best record and title), and has completely revamped the Raptors offense.

Hiring Nurse would also provide some continuity while also providing a new direction.
                Last edited by Primer; Thu May 1, 2014, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Even though this kind of thread has popped up a lot over the last couple of years, at this point in time it's premature. Casey isn't fired yet, and the most recent time Masai spoke publicly about him was to support him and say they want to bring him back.

Vogel, Brooks and Jackson are coaches who I'm not convinced are better than Casey in any way. Karl is a terribly overrated coach. Jeff Van Gundy is ok, but his teams play ugly ball and I'm not convinced he's really an elite coach. I think Stan is the best option, but he's laying back and waiting for a perfect situation...is that Toronto? You'd have to convince him.

Comment

Honestly I have no idea how to go about finding a coach. I think a good start would be to identify a certain set of core coaching philosophies and go from there.

Personally I would like to see a head coach that values:

1) rebounding
                    2) getting into the paint (via drive and high/low post)
                    3) defense
                    4) celebrates the pass (zero tolerance for hero ball, absolutely zero)
                    5) is firm in the above 4 philosophies

Personally Casey has #3. I would like to see better for the Raps.

Comment

The disrespect is ridiculous. But whatever, pretty sure(99% sure) Masai will bring Casey back next year. And i think bringing him back is the right move.

Reading this forum the last few months, i have an idea why Raptors fans here hate Casey. But the problem w/ some people here is, they always talk about the bad things than the good things. Casey has done more good things to this team than bad.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                        The disrespect is ridiculous. But whatever, pretty sure(99% sure) Masai will bring Casey back next year. And i think bringing him back is the right move.

Reading this forum the last few months, i have an idea why Raptors fans here hate Casey. But the problem w/ some people here is, they always talk about the bad things than the good things. Casey has done more good things to this team than bad.
                        He has learned. Still issues.

Comment

One thing few critics understand, and none of us actually know, are the dynamics between Casey and the FO. Planetmars posted an article which contained a bit about the Raps use of analytics. Is Casey incorporating the the advice he's being given?

If he is and that advice doesn't correspond to our ideas, what we think are negatives about his decision making would be looked on as positives by Masai.

If he isn't, he may be gone even with a successful playoff run. (see Hollins, Lionel).

Since I've heard zero about any discord between Casey and Masai, I'm assuming Coach Casey is back and this thread is moot.

Edit - On a side note, any thread that concerns advanced stats is sparingly commented on, despite the fact they have become highly valued in many organizations and especially the Raptors. Looking at RPM stats, Caseys rotations made more sense than if I hadn't seen them. If we had access to the Raptors analytics, I would bet Casey's decisions would even make more sense. Except for Fields, WTF is with him and Casey?
                          Last edited by 3inthekeon; Thu May 1, 2014, 08:43 PM. Reason: side note
                          If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

More good than bad? Sure. Is that good enough to be the head coach? Fuck no. The amount of "bad" Casey does is enough to never be a championship head coach, which is what we should be looking for. If you wanna contend for a title in 2016 you better hope Casey isn't our head coach.

The fact Casey heavily relies on Nurse to design the offensive sets shows just how ill equipped to be a head coach he really is. Defense is more of an assistant coaches role. You need a head coach who can draw up plays and out think the other coach. Casey isn't that guy.

Short of beating Miami, Casey isn't getting rehired.

Comment

Developing talent and building a winning culture. Isn't that what we all wanted out of a coach? Nah, let's just can him and hope someone else magically makes the team even better. It's not like their success has anything to do with coaching anyway...

Comment

Working...
                              X