Everything Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd give Nick Nurse a shot
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• I wonder how Kyle's free agency will impact Casey.

My gut tells me Kyle, DeRozan and Amir will not be interested in playing for a first-year head coach. It will likely factor into the Raptor's decision.

Comment

• Don't think it will. Masai had to convince Lowry to stay after Casey benched him for Jose. If Lowry ius backj everybody is back except Casey. Casey needs to go.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
          Don't think it will. Masai had to convince Lowry to stay after Casey benched him for Jose. If Lowry ius backj everybody is back except Casey. Casey needs to go.
          Where do you come up with that?

Masai had a talk with Lowry about him growing up and bringing the right approach....in other words, "we'll definitely ship you out if you don't shape up and you'll have this bad reputation even after you retire".

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
            Don't think it will. Masai had to convince Lowry to stay after Casey benched him for Jose. If Lowry ius backj everybody is back except Casey. Casey needs to go.
            All three of those guys have played for a lot of coaches the past few years. Kyle specifically has had a very hard time finding a coach he has any rapport with.

Unless they throw a big pile of money at him, I think the coaching situation will be a factor in whether Lowry resigns.

Comment

• Lowry did not have a good relationship with Casey. Losing Casey will not impact Lowry. Getting a better Coach will positively impact a resigning. Nobody leaves because Casey is gone. Lowry said Casey was "improving" as his comment at the end.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                All three of those guys have played for a lot of coaches the past few years. Kyle specifically has had a very hard time finding a coach he has any rapport with.

Unless they throw a big pile of money at him, I think the coaching situation will be a factor in whether Lowry resigns.
                “Nick Nurse has come in and done an unbelievable job figuring out sets and bringing in a different type of offence, a more up-tempo type of offence,” - Kyle Lowry

I think Lowry would be fine with Nick Nurse as head coach.

It doesn't have to be Nurse, I just think he's a viable candidate.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                  “Nick Nurse has come in and done an unbelievable job figuring out sets and bringing in a different type of offence, a more up-tempo type of offence,” - Kyle Lowry

I think Lowry would be fine with Nick Nurse as head coach.

It doesn't have to be Nurse, I just think he's a viable candidate.
                  Yeah. I think history will matter to Lowry. Any replacement would have to be guy that Kyle already supports or some big name.

I just can't imagine Lowry being amped to play for some assistant he doesn't know.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    So is everyone in this thread unanimously in favour Casey not returning?
                    +1

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      So is everyone in this thread unanimously in favour Casey not returning?
                      Depends on the replacement. And whether or not Kyle resigns. Or whether or not Kyle wants them resign Casey.

If Kyle doesn't resign, might as well groom a new guy. Because you're probably going to have to blow up/re-invent the team anyway. Having five guys on the floor that are flexible enough to play both ways is kind of what makes the current system work, imo.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                        We have so much evidence that late game execution is a problem. So many blown inbound plays. Are we winning because of Casey, or because Lowry is a superhero? I think Lowry's spectacular play has masked many of Casey's weaknesses.

I give credit to Casey for instilling a solid defensive focus but I still think he's a great assistant, not a great head coach. MU is so big on chemistry, though, that I strongly doubt he'll rock the boat after all this unexpected success.
                        But it's not like we're dealing with a championship nucleus here. Major personnel moves still need to be made before this team can be truly elite.

And so the question becomes: if/when these players are brought in, and the team is legitimately contending for a title...

...would you trust Casey to lead them?

And if your answer is no: isn't the savvy play to get rid of him sooner, rather than later? So that something like a Scott Brooks scenario is nipped in the bud?
                        Last edited by JimiCliff; Sun May 4, 2014, 11:06 PM.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          But it's not like we're dealing with a championship nucleus here. Major personnel moves still need to be made before this team can be truly elite.

And so the question becomes: if/when these players are brought in, and the team is legitimately contending for a title...

...would you trust Casey to lead them?

And if your answer is no: isn't the savvy play to get rid of him sooner, rather than later? So that something like a Scott Brooks scenario is nipped in the bud?
                          That's a good way of thinking of it.

I actually think Casey is good at developing a team culture. They wouldn't have gone 42 and 22 after the trade if he wasn't. But if Masai is looking to make a big play over the summer, than maybe you need an upgrade.

Comment

• Masai basically ordered Casey to play Lowry,Ross and JV. He didn't upgrade the roster so they could play, Casey did nothing for this team. He would have played Salmons if he could as a starter.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
                              Mark Jackson's time is over in GS. How about him ?
                              Mark Jackson's time is over in GS because he alienated practically all of his assistant coaches and didn't bother coming up with anything resembling an innovative offense and instead relied on Curry and Thompson's shooting. He's not a solution.

Comment

• Mark Jackson is even worse than Casey IMO. Talk about a gigantic ego.

Comment

Working...
                                X