Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stooley wrote: View Post
    Well yeah, duh.

You were the only guy calling for a necessary 4 year contract lol.

I'm one of DC's biggest defenders on this board, and I never, ever wanted 4 years.
    Unless you have some freak of nature superstar (Tim Duncan) that almost never gets injured or slows down, I think 4 years should be the absolute max you should risk signing a coach in the NBA.

The NBA relies so much on the individual performances of players and team chemistry that you need a lot of flexibility with coaches.

Comment

I completely disagree.

You look at Kobe, and he made a living from the mid range/post up game, without a 3 point shot.

Those two styles seem to complement each other.
      Kobe has a 3 point shot, I think a much better comparison would be Wade.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Well we sent down Rudy Gay (and Austin Daye) down there last year so I'm not going to hold my breath. Plus it just sounds like a recipe for more iso-ball.

But I guess if anyone can make it work it's Demar.
        fair enough, but the problems with Rudy Gay and Austin Daye stretched beyond their post up tendencies lol
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
          Kobe has a 3 point shot, I think a much better comparison would be Wade.
          he's a career 33.5% shooter from behind the arc. his best year was his rookie year at 37.5%, his next best was 07-08 at 36.1%
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            The Market for fringe starting roll playing bigs

comparable players to Patterson (non rookie deals)

Elton Brand 4 million
            Brandon Bass 6.9 million
            Mirza Teletovic 3.2 million
            Taj Gibson 7.5 million
            Spencer Hawes 6.6 million
            Brandan Wright 5.0 million
            JJ Hickson 5.15 million
            Charlie V 8.5 million
            Marress Speights 3.5 million
            Luis Scola 4.5 million
            Udonis Haslem 4.3 million
            Ersan Ilyasova 7.9 million
            Ryan Anderson 8.3 million
            Andrea Bargnani 11.8 million
            Nick Collison 2.5 million
            Glen Davis 6.4 million
            Hedo Turkoglu 10.0 million
            Thaddeus Young 8.8 million
            Channing Frye 6.4 million
            Carl Landry 6.5 million
            Boris Diaw 4.7 million
            Marvin Williams 7.5 million

Average Salary = 6.36 million
            I went ahead and bolded guys that are actually comparable to Patterson's situation. What I was looking for were guys who were signed to come off the bench within the past 2 years. The guys I left out were either signed to be starters, play significantly more minutes than Patterson, or were signed a long time ago (e.g. their contract parameters aren't terribly relevant anymore).

This leaves us with an average salary of $4.72M.

And that includes Carl Landry's vast overpay by Sacramento. A reasonable deal for Patterson will be in the $4-$5M per year range.

Comment

• Horrible

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                If that happens we are right back in to the Colangelo zone with very little value on the roster.

My motto will officially become "In Masai I fear" if Vasquez and Patterson are making close to $15M between them.

Those are the types of deals that has got Minnesota, even under Flip Saunders, where they currently sit.
                I would hope they can be re-signed starting for a combined $9-10M (Vasquez @ $4-4.5M & Patterson @ $5-5.5M).

I even like De Colo for ~$1.5M (Augustin was making nearly $1.3M, Stone $0.88M and Buycks $0.7M).

The key for me is that any of them should remain easily tradeable assets at those prices. The bottom line is that MU should never give them so much that he prices them off the market (be it free agency or trade market).

Comment

• Watching the press conference clips on raptors.com made me feel a bit better about the Casey resigning. Key moment for me was where Masai said he argued with Casey a bunch during the season. I'm glad they have that relationship where Masai isn't afraid to tell Casey's he's fucking up, and Casey is humble enough to take the criticism and try to get better. If Casey doesn't improve as a coach it won't be for lack of trying.

Sounds like all the players have good plans to get better this summer too. Definitely makes me optimistic for the future of the team (with or without Casey).

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                    Watching the press conference clips on raptors.com made me feel a bit better about the Casey resigning. Key moment for me was where Masai said he argued with Casey a bunch during the season. I'm glad they have that relationship where Masai isn't afraid to tell Casey's he's fucking up, and Casey is humble enough to take the criticism and try to get better. If Casey doesn't improve as a coach it won't be for lack of trying.

Sounds like all the players have good plans to get better this summer too. Definitely makes me optimistic for the future of the team (with or without Casey).
                    Hmm, I didn't listen to the clips since I'm at work, but that does sound like a very good working relationship.
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                      Look at Bradley Beal's game log for the last 2 years.

When he was healthy, he was given all the minutes he could handle.

I don't know much but that is how I think you develop talent.... and it just so happens that is exactly what was done with DeRozan.
                      Not every player is the same. Example your old buddy AB. I still think making them earn the minutes bold well for young men. Not just in basketball but in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Amen to this. I'm sick of the anti-Casey rhetoric by the armchair quarterbacks.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          Not every player is the same. Example your old buddy AB. I still think making them earn the minutes bold well for young men. Not just in basketball but in life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          I think the debate has been less about the tactic (ie: make them earn playing time) and more about whether or not they have earned it already. Did guys like Hayes, Hansbrough, Novak, Salmons and Fields really do anything more/better to earn playing time ahead of Valanciunas and Ross?

My issue has been the double-standard by which DC seems to operate, in that he never seems to hold more established players to the same expectations/standards, when it comes time to earning playing time.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            I think the debate has been less about the tactic (ie: make them earn playing time) and more about whether or not they have earned it already. Did guys like Hayes, Hansbrough, Novak, Salmons and Fields really do anything more/better to earn playing time ahead of Valanciunas and Ross?

My issue has been the double-standard by which DC seems to operate, in that he never seems to hold more established players to the same expectations/standards, when it comes time to earning playing time.
                            He may actually be doing that to help them develop though, that may explain the double standard. He's been on record numerous times saying how he's trying to protect JV's confidence by benching him when he's playing badly, and letting him play when he's succeeding.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, different mistakes may merit different treatments.
                            "Bruno?
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Marc Jackson

I know Dwayne Casey just got resigned and I'm happy for him and all but knowing Marc Jackson just got fired it's fun to wonder what might of been if we waited a little while before committing to Casey. that said I think that not resigning Casey might have sent the wrong message to to our player, especially our free agents, like Kyle Lowry. BTW I'm not saying that we should go back on our deal with Casey.

Comment

He may actually be doing that to help them develop though, that may explain the double standard. He's been on record numerous times saying how he's trying to protect JV's confidence by benching him when he's playing badly, and letting him play when he's succeeding.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, different mistakes may merit different treatments.
                                I've got the feeling that one of the things Masai raged at Casey about during the season was giving the young guys more minutes and letting them play through mistakes.

Comment

Working...
                                X