This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Players = $46,326,150

Hmmmm ..... I'm not cap savy by any means, but if Bosh doesn't re-sign this summer we only have 9 players signed for next season and a payroll of $46,326,150.

So, if Bosh doesn't come back what do we financially have to work with this summer assuming Colangelo can't dealt away any of our significant contracts in Hedo, Andrea and Jose?

]

This summer we're either going to re-sign Bosh or trade him for some more decent players.

I'm an optimist at heart, but it's really tough to continue to be optimistic about the future of our franchise.
    RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
      This summer we're either going to re-sign Bosh or trade him for some more decent players.

I'm an optimist at heart, but it's really tough to continue to be optimistic about the future of our franchise.
      I said it before, and I will say it again... If Bosh leaves we will be the New York Knicks of NBA for 3-4 years to come. You are right, there is not much to be optimistic about. But its ok, I am willing to tank it for the next 3 years if this team would be able to become the Thunders of right now in 3 years... I am just sick and tired of MLSE trying to dealing away our future for short term gain... Trade out Bosh to Miami for NY's first rounder, trade out Jose and Bargs, nothing we can do with hedo.... (our franchises worst signing ever....) and lets just "hope for the future", that is what all MLSE's teams seem to keep doing....
      Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

I think it has become a toxic situation for BC
        Even if we resign Bosh we wont have enough money to improve
        Best case, we are able to get rid of our big contracts and bulid from scratch...

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post

The more I think about it today, if Bosh is outbound I'm hoping for guys like Scola and Battier. I know, I know, Colangelo doesn't know defense and that's not even in the cards.

Comment

I still hope that if we have to S&T Bosh, he goes to SA for Jefferson, Blair, Hill and a pick. Blair and Hill are keepers, Jefferson can provide leadership and provide one year of mentoring for Weems and DeRozan before his contract is up, and the Raps are in a pretty solid financial situation going into a prospective lockout, Turk's contract aside.

And if the Raps can somehow pull that off while getting out from Banks or Calderon's contracts, that much better.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              The more I think about it today, if Bosh is outbound I'm hoping for guys like Scola and Battier. I know, I know, Colangelo doesn't know defense and that's not even in the cards.
              Scola is a nice player and a tough guy, but not a good defender. In fact, a bit of a pylon.

Comment

If Bosh leaves it will be a sign and trade.

No need to give up $30 million when Colangelo will happily partake in a sign and trade.
                nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                  No need to give up $30 million when Colangelo will happily partake in a sign and trade.
                  Yes, but at the end of the day Bosh holds all the power. Money is one thing, but being deal to another sub-par team going nowhere ala the Raptors isn't something I'm sure Bosh is about to venture in again.

So BC can have an awesome deal in place for us, but if Bosh doesn't like it for himself he can easily put the kibosh on that and walk away as a free agent and choose for himself.

Comment

Yeah at the end of the Bosh can say "Brian, I don't care what you have cooking. I want to play for the Heat. Now, you can try to work out something with them so that I get paid top dollar and you get compensation but that's where I'm playing."

This is how its going to go down. Bosh is going to pick his destination and then Colangelo is going to try and milk something out of that team. Best scenario for the Raptors is Bosh wanting to go to a team that's capped out because then that team has to deal some guys to make it work.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Yeah at the end of the Bosh can say "Brian, I don't care what you have cooking. I want to play for the Heat. Now, you can try to work out something with them so that I get paid top dollar and you get compensation but that's where I'm playing."

This is how its going to go down. Bosh is going to pick his destination and then Colangelo is going to try and milk something out of that team. Best scenario for the Raptors is Bosh wanting to go to a team that's capped out because then that team has to deal some guys to make it work.
                      And if Colangelo has a "pair" - he won't co-operate unless he gets something worthwhile. Bosh isn't going to just walk away from the extra $30m. There will be equal pressure on the other GM to give in if Colangelo holds out for what he wants.

Definitely make for interesting times - if it happens at all.
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Brian Colangelo will get offered Beasley + pieces from Miami. He will be offered David Lee from the Knicks. The Bulls will try to get away with Hinrich, Johnson and Gibson but will part with Deng if BC pushes hard enough.

Those are the top three most likely destinations for Bosh and those are the foundation blocks to a Chris Bosh sign and trade proposal.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
                          Brian Colangelo will get offered Beasley + pieces from Miami. He will be offered David Lee from the Knicks. The Bulls will try to get away with Hinrich, Johnson and Gibson but will part with Deng if BC pushes hard enough.

Those are the top three most likely destinations for Bosh and those are the foundation blocks to a Chris Bosh sign and trade proposal.
                          How can they offer David Lee, when he is an UFA? He won't agree to come to Toronto unless he is offered something quite close to the max.

Bulls would love to give up Hinrich and Deng. Deng is out for the season again, and his contract is looking terrible.

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
                            How can they offer David Lee, when he is an UFA? He won't agree to come to Toronto unless he is offered something quite close to the max.

Bulls would love to give up Hinrich and Deng. Deng is out for the season again, and his contract is looking terrible.
                            David Lee -- same as Shawn Marion and Hedo Turkoglu trade -- David Lee's best chance at a bigger payday is through a sign and trade so that will be an option that Lee + Lee's agent + Donnie Walsh strongly pursue. It is also NY's best option if they need a sign and trade to get an acquisition done.

There was a belief around the trade deadline that the main reason NY didn't try to move Lee was because they wanted to use him in a sign and trade this summer.

I don't think the Bulls want to give up Deng. They value him highly and want to sign a max contract player to create a big four of Rose + max contract + Deng + Noah. Deng the third option. Noah the defensive linchpin. I expect Chicago to be highly reluctant to give up Deng in a trade but in the end I think they'd be willing to do it to get a player of Bosh's caliber.
                            nbaroundtable

Comment

How can they offer David Lee, when he is an UFA?
                              The same way any capped out team hopes to land UFA Chris Bosh.

He won't agree to come to Toronto unless he is offered something quite close to the max.
                              Ok, so Lee has tried two years in a row to land a long term big contract and both years he's failed. He's taken a big step forward this year but is it enough to go from not being able to land a long term deal to having suitors offering him max money? I don't think he gets anything close to max money, especially with the CBA being under negotiations and everything being up in the air. Some people in the game are suggesting that only the top dogs like James, Wade, Bosh, Johnson and Stoudamire are going to get big money. One more thing, has David Lee come out and publicly bashed Toronto or Canada, is this the piece I'm missing?

Comment

Working...
                              X