No announcement yet.

Lowry or Vasquez ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like we need both, but if I had to choose one, I'd sign Vasquez. I know Lowry is a beast, but I think Greasy fits Casey's gameplan better. Not only that, but it would give us more money to spend on another player. Like I said before, a Cornerman is what we need to make us a elite team.
    Axel wrote:
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
    KeonClark wrote:
    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
    KeonClark wrote:
    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
      Took me quite a while to warm to Vasquez, but once he got settled he really did play some inspired basketball for us and I'd be very happy if he remained with the team, which he probably will anyways.

Ugh Monroe
      I knew about Vasquez from New Orleans cause I had him on my fantasy team & he was an assist machine lol so always liked him from the moment he got here...he has passion, he's pass first and he really is one of the best 6th men in the game & one of the best backup PG's...but he's not a starter on a playoff team..we need to sign Lowry as our starter & re-sign Vasquez as the back-up....

whats wrong with Monroe? he's only 23 with all-star potential...and Det is not gonna match any good offer cause they r building around Drummond...can u imagine him & JV up front with DD & Lowry in the backcourt...thats a big 4 for a decade.

Comment

How about this question...

Vasquez or De Colo as the backup PG?

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
          I knew about Vasquez from New Orleans cause I had him on my fantasy team & he was an assist machine lol so always liked him from the moment he got here...he has passion, he's pass first and he really is one of the best 6th men in the game & one of the best backup PG's...but he's not a starter on a playoff team..we need to sign Lowry as our starter & re-sign Vasquez as the back-up....

whats wrong with Monroe? he's only 23 with all-star potential...and Det is not gonna match any good offer cause they r building around Drummond...can u imagine him & JV up front with DD & Lowry in the backcourt...thats a big 4 for a decade.
          problem with JV, Monroe and DD is you got 3 starters who don't play any d right there.

unless JV turns into hibbert, we're in trouble.

although, who knows, maybe casey can turn monroe into a plus defender.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

i like vasquez. with this team, we need the scoring ability he brings off the bench.
            "Bruno?
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I say we keep both but seriously we got like 5 pg lowry, vasquez, buycks, stone, de colo. We need like 3 pg max so for me its lowry, vasquez, and de colo.

Comment

Vasquez clearly brings a lot more - but it depends on his price tag. If he's on a reasonable MLE or below deal, he's the better option. If he's looking for 6M+ per year, it's hard to justify bringing him back when DD and Ross should in theory be getting every minute at the 2. Maybe if one of those two is moved, then his 1/2 6th man role might be worth more, but I'd still rather not pay him that much. De Colo might be worthwhile giving the backup reins to if Vasquez prices himself out of our range.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                  I say we keep both but seriously we got like 5 pg lowry, vasquez, buycks, stone, de colo. We need like 3 pg max so for me its lowry, vasquez, and de colo.
                  Buycks and Stone are both fully unguaranteed, so they will almost certainly be waived.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                    i like vasquez. with this team, we need the scoring ability he brings off the bench.
                    This playoffs won me over on Vasquez....but definitely not as a backup PG. I see him being better suited to guard SG's and use his scoring as a sixth man type.

I like De Colo as the backup PG over Vasquez because he is better defensively and is a better floor leader and runs plays on more occasions than Vasquez. GV can get out of control and freelance the bench offense a lot. De Colo would balance that out while we still get GV's scoring punch on the wing

Comment

This playoffs won me over on Vasquez....but definitely not as a backup PG. I see him being better suited to guard SG's and use his scoring as a sixth man type.

I like De Colo as the backup PG over Vasquez because he is better defensively and is a better floor leader and runs plays on more occasions than Vasquez. GV can get out of control and freelance the bench offense a lot. De Colo would balance that out while we still get GV's scoring punch on the wing
                      I think you're right, but I'm also inclined to say that GV playing that role had something to do with the players surrounding him and what the team needed out of him.

He was definitely a pass-first floor general in NO. I'd almost say his ability to do either is a plus as well.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I'm also inclined to say that GV playing that role had something to do with the players surrounding him and what the team needed out of him. He was definitely a pass-first floor general in NO. I'd almost say his ability to do either is a plus as well.
                        GV's a man of many talents, so having him around come playoff time is important. Get Lowry locked up though.

Comment

problem with JV, Monroe and DD is you got 3 starters who don't play any d right there.

unless JV turns into hibbert, we're in trouble.

although, who knows, maybe casey can turn monroe into a plus defender.
                          well if anyone can do it..Coach Casey....Mr. Defence first can...JV made some big strides this year in his D & Ross is night & Day from his 1st year.

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                            Buycks & Stone have team options & De Colo is a free agent that will not be re-signed if Lowry & GV both do.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
                              Buycks & Stone have team options & De Colo is a free agent that will not be re-signed if Lowry & GV both do.
                              I think decent odds de colo gets resigned.

you need a 3rd PG, what if Lowry gets hurt?
                              "Bruno?
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think its gonna take about $15mil to lock in Lowry & GV, Lowry at $11mil & GV at $4mil...thats not too heavy a hit on the cap

Comment

Working...
                                X