Lowry or Vasquez ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    I think decent odds de colo gets resigned.

you need a 3rd PG, what if Lowry gets hurt?
    but would you pay $2+ mil to a 3rd stringer? De Colo has enough value that he'll get offers for around that much

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
      but would you pay $2+ mil to a 3rd stringer? De Colo has enough value that he'll get offers for around that much
      Yeah, I don't think I'd go above ~1.2M. But we'll see. The spurs did trade him for Daye.
      "Bruno?
      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        Yeah, I don't think I'd go above ~1.2M. But we'll see. The spurs did trade him for Daye.
        yea that was definitely another Masai Uriji heist, Daye was such a bucket...De Colo was making $1.5M this season..will be interesting to see if he end up getting signed for more or less..wherever he goes

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I'm personally quite high on Vasquez and De Colo, especially as #2 and #3 PGs.

However, if I had been asleep for the past season and woke up to discover that the Raptors top 2 PGs for the 2014-15 season were going to be Vasquez and De Colo, my response would be: "Fantastic! So where exactly in the top-5 are the Raps picking in the 2014 draft?" Then I'd bang my head several times against the side of my tank, in an effort to sleep through another season.
          lol, and then they would proceed to surprise you just like the team did this season

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
            How about this question...

Vasquez or De Colo as the backup PG?
            The beauty of that is I think both can play either PG or SG. I think both could be on the floor at the same time and it wouldn't hurt us. I think we have only scratched the surface with De Colo, I get the sense he is a very versatile player and has a great understanding of who should get the ball. As the roster currently stands, we have 3 options for 2 PG lineups, and I kinda like that!!

Comment

yea that was definitely another Masai Uriji heist, Daye was such a bucket...De Colo was making $1.5M this season..will be interesting to see if he end up getting signed for more or less..wherever he goes
              Pop got his money's worth out of Daye tho...not such a heist as he probably got more out of Daye than we did out of De Colo. Not a bad trade at all, both teams benefited I think.

Comment

I'd be fine paying De Colo $1.5M - $2.0M per season.

He could get some time as 2nd string PG, if Vasquez spends time at SG.

When you consider that this year the Raps were paying Augustin ($1.27M), Stone ($0.88M) and Buycks ($0.70M) a combined $2.85M to essentially be the team's 3rd string PG, suddenly even $2M doesn't seem so bad for a young pass-first PG who could have some untapped potential.

Comment

De Colo's QO is 1.8 mil. I would pick that up.

I really think a bench of De Colo and Vasquez both would look really good. Add in Patterson and a legit backup C and we are talking a decent bench that is 9 guys deep. That is assuming Vasquez is able to handle pretty much all of his time as a wing.

Comment

Both. Lowry's the leader, while Vasquez although he's a starting caliber pg has accepted his role taking the back seat and being the spark plug off the bench. Plus he can play with Lowry when the Raps play small ball, and his size can make up a bit for his defensive deficiencies. He's our Ginobili.

Where else would Lowry go, where he could be the main guy??? Lakers have Kobe, Houston has Harden/Dwight, NY could still have Melo, etc. This is the perfect team for him. He reminds me of Chauncey Billups who after being a journeyman finally found his place in Detroit.

Nando is the 3rd pg. Great ball IQ esp coming from Pop's system. We honestly don't need Bikes and Stone who haven't really shown potential. Maybe they could be part of the summer league team, but if we could get others to take their roster spots, might as well.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I'd be fine paying De Colo $1.5M - $2.0M per season.

He could get some time as 2nd string PG, if Vasquez spends time at SG.

When you consider that this year the Raps were paying Augustin ($1.27M), Stone ($0.88M) and Buycks ($0.70M) a combined $2.85M to essentially be the team's 3rd string PG, suddenly even $2M doesn't seem so bad for a young pass-first PG who could have some untapped potential.
                      nice stat..did not realize that...i like de colo..would be nice if we get him at the QO... if casey actually has plans to use him and not have him stuck on the bench like a typical 3rd stringer (Buycks, Stone)

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                        Both. Lowry's the leader, while Vasquez although he's a starting caliber pg has accepted his role taking the back seat and being the spark plug off the bench. Plus he can play with Lowry when the Raps play small ball, and his size can make up a bit for his defensive deficiencies. He's our Ginobili.

Where else would Lowry go, where he could be the main guy??? Lakers have Kobe, Houston has Harden/Dwight, NY could still have Melo, etc. This is the perfect team for him. He reminds me of Chauncey Billups who after being a journeyman finally found his place in Detroit.

Nando is the 3rd pg. Great ball IQ esp coming from Pop's system. We honestly don't need Bikes and Stone who haven't really shown potential. Maybe they could be part of the summer league team, but if we could get others to take their roster spots, might as well.
                        good thing Chancy is his mentor...maybe he's see that as well, i don't think its about where can he be the man as opposed to who else needs a starting PG...New York comes to mind as a team that will go after him hard as they r looking to upgrade that position & might want to stick it to Toronto/Uriji. Although outside of Phil Jackson, no reason for him to switch over to that train wreck organization.

Comment

Anyone hear the interview where Vasquez said kd is going to lead toronto to a championship? What a guy!!

Comment

Vasquez as a starter !!! As good as Calderon !!! This is the guy who was barely getting minutes in Sacramento and now suddenly he is a starting caliber PG in this league !!! Come on Son !!!

Comment

Holy shit TrossTheBOSS...
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                                Holy shit TrossTheBOSS...
                                ?????
                                "Bruno?
                                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X