Kyle Lowry
    Greivis Vasquez
    John salmons
    20th draft pick 2014

For

Russell westbrook
    kendrick perkins

. . .
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      . . .
      . . .
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Not a strong first post. You expect a) the Raptors to pick up John Salmons' effective team option, b) Lowry to agree to a sign and trade to play for GSW, c) Vasquez to agree to a sign and trade to play for GSW, d) GSW to be interested in the player TOR drafts at 20th, e) GSW to be willing to take on Salmons' contract without the opportunity to buy him out. Not one of those things is particularly likely. All of them?

Or you just fundamentally don't understand basic trade rules (such as not being able to trade pending free agents) and should not be making trade proposals.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Isn't it ironic that you ripped this guy yet have GSW somehow involved in this transaction?
          Ball Don't Lie

Comment

OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
            . . .
            . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

lol looks like TFTW has made a new alternate account

Comment

pj1136 wrote: View Post
                We need a Superstar Player

My suggestion

Kyle Lowry
                Greivis Vasquez
                John salmons
                20th draft pick 2014

For

Russell westbrook
                kendrick perkins
                I'll humor you and take this post seriously. Your rational behind this trade to get a "superstar". I'm serious when I say that the word superstar has lost all meaning nowadays if you actually consider Westbrook a superstar. This would make our team even worse. If you even watch Thunders' games, you would realize that Westbrook is a player that a huge ego, ball-hogging tendencies and a very low basketball IQ. Very often he makes stupid mistakes on offense. For example, he'll jack up random three when there is still a lot of time on the clock. This is especially true in last posessions where just plays iso hero ball. He's good at driving to the paint, but sometimes he just drives in there without much control. He doesn't exactly make up with it on defense. He gambles on defense ALOT! He always seems to love going for the playground reach around steal attempts. All he's really good at is grabbing rebounds. Kyle Lowry is so much better for this team than Westbrook. Both are good three point shooters and drivers. Kyle Lowry run the offense ALOT better. Lowry plays better defense. I feel like, IMO, Westbrook only looks good because of Brook's offensive playstyle which is basically iso KD and Westbrook. So no thanks. Westbrook wouldn't only stagnate our offense and is not worth giving up Vasquez and our 2014 pick.
                Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Wed May 14, 2014, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                  I'll humor you and take this post seriously. Your rational behind this trade to get a "superstar". I'm serious when I say that the word superstar has lost all meaning nowadays if you actually consider Westbrook a superstar. This would make our team even worse. If you even watch Thunders' games, you would realize that Westbrook is a player that a huge ego, ball-hogging tendencies and a very low basketball IQ. Very often he makes stupid mistakes on offense. For example, he'll jack up random three when there is still a lot of time on the clock. This is especially true in last posessions where just plays iso hero ball. He's good at driving to the paint, but sometimes he just drives in there without much control. He doesn't exactly make up with it on defense. He gambles on defense ALOT! He always seems to love going for the playground reach around steal attempts. All he's really good at is grabbing rebounds. Kyle Lowry is so much better for this team than Westbrook. Both are good three point shooters and drivers. Kyle Lowry run the offense ALOT better. Lowry plays better defense. I feel like, IMO, Westbrook only looks good because of Brook's offensive playstyle which is basically iso KD and Westbrook. So no thanks. Westbrook wouldn't only stagnate our offense and is not worth giving up Vasquez and our 2014 pick.
                  That's why I try to avoid using the word. People can never agree on what's a superstar.

Anyway, if we think that we need a Durant or a LeBron to contend, then that's quite depressing because it's very unlikely to happen.

I'd be happy with a Westbrook caliber player. Re Westbrook in particular, I think he's great and he could be the best player on a contender, although I think a team would need more shooting around him than the Raptors currently have.

Re trade, obviously, OKC would not do it.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    That's why I try to avoid using the word. People can never agree on what's a superstar.

Anyway, if we think that we need a Durant or a LeBron to contend, then that's quite depressing because it's very unlikely to happen.

I'd be happy with a Westbrook caliber player. Re Westbrook in particular, I think he's great and he could be the best player on a contender, although I think a team would need more shooting around him than the Raptors currently have.

Re trade, obviously, OKC would not do it.
                    I feel like Westbrook needs a strong respected head coach for him to be a supposed "superstar". He needs someone to hold him accountable for his horrible shot selections, overly aggressive & out-of-control drives, and often clueless on defense. While he's very good on some possessions, more often than not, his bad outweight the good in late game situations. A real championship point guard should not have so many issues with decision making especially late in games where he is expected to lead the team.

2012-2013 Season Examples:

2013-2014 Season Examples:

Comment

I feel like Westbrook needs a strong respected head coach for him to be a supposed "superstar". He needs someone

Almost every player has warts. That same fearlessness and aggression also makes Westbrook a great player. You could easily use a similar line of criticism against prime Iverson or a multitude of other players.

We are lucky to watch two of the best players ever right now in LeBron and Durant, they are amazing, and it spoils us. Westbrooks, Hardens, Carmelos, Griffins and Georges look so flawed in comparison. But in the big picture, despite these flaws, a healthy Westbrook is a perennial all-nba type player in this league, one of 15 best every year if health permits it.

I really don't care what we should call a superstar. It's such a pointless discussion in my view. Semantics basically. I care what the Raptors should target in trades or free agency. And my list would definitely be longer than your definition of a superstar. Now, Westbrook is not a realistic target. But some other player of his caliber -- yes please.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                        Almost every player has warts. That same fearlessness and aggression also makes Westbrook a great player. You could easily use a similar line of criticism against prime Iverson or a multitude of other players.

We are lucky to watch two of the best players ever right now in LeBron and Durant, they are amazing, and it spoils us. Westbrooks, Hardens, Carmelos, Griffins and Georges look so flawed in comparison. But in the big picture, despite these flaws, a healthy Westbrook is a perennial all-nba type player in this league, one of 15 best every year if health permits it.

I really don't care what we should call a superstar. It's such a pointless discussion in my view. Semantics basically. I care what the Raptors should target in trades or free agency. And my list would definitely be longer than your definition of a superstar. Now, Westbrook is not a realistic target. But some other player of his caliber -- yes please.
                        Just because someone is a perennial all-nba type player doesn't mean he's a championship-calibre point guard. I don't trust him running out offense in late game situations which is something that the Raptors have issues with. The reason why the 2011-2012 Thunders were so successful was because in late game situation, Harden would run the offense like a point guard and Westbrook more like a SG. We have yet to see how Westbrook would do without Brooks as a HC, so we don't know if the iso based offense is because of Westbrook or Brooks. I don't believe he's a realistic target nor is he a good target either. I agree that we should attempt to get some other player of his caliber, but Westbrook is not the answer. I would not take him even if he was available.

Comment

Just because someone is a perennial all-nba type player doesn't mean he's a championship-calibre point guard. I don't trust him running out offense in late game situations which is something that the Raptors have issues with. The reason why the 2011-2012 Thunders were so successful was because in late game situation, Harden would run the offense like a point guard and Westbrook more like a SG. We have yet to see how Westbrook would do without Brooks as a HC, so we don't know if the iso based offense is because of Westbrook or Brooks. I don't believe he's a realistic target nor is he a good target either. I agree that we should attempt to get some other player of his caliber, but Westbrook is not the answer. I would not take him even if he was available.
                          And it was awesome.

"Superstar", not "superstar", point guard, shooting guard, in the end who cares. So he's a combo guard. What was Iverson? He was at his best next to another ball handling guard. What's Eric Bledsoe? You get a great player, you put him in a position to succeed. Westbrook is a great player.

He would be a good target for the Raptors because he's great. The Raptors would have to adjust their roster to him. You don't say 'no' to that caliber young hard working player because Raptors role players aren't perfect for him yet. You change a role player or two. Same applies to any other player of similar caliber, assuming health and youth.

Comment

Westbrook should be a SG. Like Loblaw said, he is a combo guard, but he does not have natural PG abilities. Imagine OKC with a true team oriented pass first PG, Westbrook at SG, with Durant, Ibaka, and Adams/Perkins or any C with some defensive capability. I think that would work out better for OKC than having Westbrook at the point. I like Westbrook, alot, but I feel like he is developing some bad habits as a ISO based PG. I don't think he would be a great fit for the Raps, but if we were to get him, I'd like to see him start at SG, and Demar would then be expendable to help upgrade the SF or PF and/or backup C positions. Put Westbrook in the role that Demar currently holds, and that may work out. But having Westbrook and Demar on the floor together and it may end up alot like the beginning of this past regular season. How many touches would JV get?

As for fit on the current Raps, I'd rather Durant of course, but even Ibaka over Westbrook if the option was available.

Comment

Ideally you'd want to pair Westbrooke with another big guard that have a lot of point guard skills. Shaun livingston/Andre Miller type players.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                              X