No announcement yet.

Vasquez says that KD will come to Toronto to win championships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I agree that it's pretty far-fetched to set your sights on (arguably) the second best player in the league, 2 years out of free-agency, I just think there is a possibility, however slim it may be. I wouldn't put our franchise in jeopardy to try to make it happen, but I just have full trust right now in MU and TL to try to make it happen, and do whatever way they can to have a shot. I don't care that people say "it's never gonna happen!" or "dream on!"... I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy the ride. No matter what anybody here thinks they know, they(YOU!!!) have no idea what the plans are or what the possibilities are of obtaining a player such as KD. It's one year into Masai's tenure, let's see what he has up his sleeve. Sheesh.

Comment

• Getting KD is one thing ... Getting Kevin Love and KD with a team that has a talent level that has not made it to NBA finals or East Finals ever Well, that is not dreaming. That is simply being a delusional.

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
        Getting KD is one thing ... Getting Kevin Love and KD with a team that has a talent level that has not made it to NBA finals or East Finals ever Well, that is not dreaming. That is simply being a delusional.
        Being the 3rd largest(excluding Mexico City) city in North America, this mentality should change. Rather, it HAS TO. The team and it's ownership group has to have a tonne of money to throw around. It could easily be done with the fan base we have here.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          What was that?

I can't hear you over my revving engine, hairspray blocked ears, and flailing air guitar.

"Sing with me, sing for the year
          Sing for the laughter and sing for the tear....."

Here you go. Dolph symbolizes reality and Carl Weathers symbolizes the dream. LOL

Comment

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
            Getting KD is one thing ... Getting Kevin Love and KD with a team that has a talent level that has not made it to NBA finals or East Finals ever Well, that is not dreaming. That is simply being a delusional.
            What is your solution for the team, given that we are probably not tanking any time soon?

Comment

• Or, to write the same message as you would write it:

So you're telling us getting KD is easier without having a star already Okay do you even understand how basketball works? Stars want to play together But who am I kidding, you rated Demar above Harden Whatever dude You're just embarrassing and everything you write is nonsense LOOOLLLL Maybe you should get a sense of reality or you are simply a delusional

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                Or, to write the same message as you would write it:

So you're telling us getting KD is easier without having a star already Okay do you even understand how basketball works? Stars want to play together But who am I kidding, you rated Demar above Harden Whatever dude You're just embarrassing and everything you write is nonsense LOOOLLLL Maybe you should get a sense of reality or you are simply a delusional
                Jamforthewin
                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• There are other possibilities aside from just getting Kevin Durant or Kevin Love. People need to relax.

Comment

• If you look at the NBA's Final Four this year, they were all built completely differently:

Heat: Free Agency
                    Spurs: Getting superstar and getting 2 stars around him with late picks
                    Pacers: Late Lotto/Mid-Round Draft Picks
                    Thunder: Tank-a-thon and excellent drafting

There is no one formula to building a contending team. Let's just allow Ujiri to do his thing, not that we really have a choice. No point saying we need to gut the team or ship out DeMar or not re-sign Lowry or whatever to save space for KD.

Comment

• If we could build our team like the Pacers (Late-lotto/mid-round picks) that would be great.

Also, if we are going to build like that, second round picks are completely crucial.
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        There are other possibilities aside from just getting Kevin Durant or Kevin Love. People need to relax.
                        Nobody has ever said they are the only options. People need to relax.

Comment

• It will happen! Drake recruiting KD to Toronto!

http://nilsenreport.ca/2014/06/06/dr...ronto-raptors/

By will happen I mean I'm holding my breath until he shows but in the end I know I'm going to gasp for air and he won't come.

Comment

• This stuff is great in the offseason. I don't know that anyone here really expects it to happen but it's a fun game to play. There's some funny looking tea leaves out there

Comment

• I thought he was a free agent in 2015 but it's in 2016... Changes all my perception of the Raptors' future. lol

Comment

• KD, say no to Washington and OKC. Play for the team you always wanted to play.

Comment

Working...
                                X