Knicks coaching search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Hahaha, Rodman would be an absolutely ballistic coach.
    Oh, but who would his assistant coach be? Oh, I know!
    COACH SHEEEEED!!!
    RODMAN AND RASHEED!!!
    "Coach, I don't want to play defense today"
    "WELL BALL DONT LIE AND THE BALL SAYS IF YOU GET SCORED ON YOU GOTTA GO ON COACH RODMAN'S NEXT NORTH KOREA TRIP"
    @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
      Oh, but who would his assistant coach be? Oh, I know!
      COACH SHEEEEED!!!
      RODMAN AND RASHEED!!!
      "Coach, I don't want to play defense today"
      "WELL BALL DONT LIE AND THE BALL SAYS IF YOU GET SCORED ON YOU GOTTA GO ON COACH RODMAN'S NEXT NORTH KOREA TRIP"
      And Artest LOL.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Bravo Dolan! Bravo! You're the best owner in the league.
        Oh, I want details! Details!

Comment

The NY Daily News reports that one of the big reasons Kerr selected Golden State was that Phil Jackson and/or Dolan 'low-balled' Kerr with an initial offer of 13M/3 years, giving the Warriors the opportunity to swoop in with a sweeter offer.

That 'low-ball' offer for a ROOKIE COACH is even better than Casey's, who has been coaching in the league for 20-plus years, just lead the Raptors to a franchise best record and was 5th in COY voting. Casey's third year isn't even guaranteed!

Now the Warriors are chasing Nurse. Instead of overpaying for a non-coach and paying even more to surround him with experienced coaches, why not just hire a guy like Nick Nurse to be your head coach?

Man, the NBA baffles me sometimes.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
            Wtf.

REPORT: Knicks reach out to Scottie Pippen about joining coaching staff.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/n...smtw:fscom:FOX
            Because Pippen has never coached and is known as a legendary "people person" (that's sarcasm).

2KJ wrote: View Post
            Knicks should hire Patrick Ewing. He has learned under great head coaches: JVG, SVG, Steve Clifford, etc. He has an impressive record of developing big men: Yao, Howard, Jefferson. Phil can teach him the triangle.
            Makes way too much sense. How many times has Ewing been overlooked? What a shame.

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            The NY Daily News reports that one of the big reasons Kerr selected Golden State was that Phil Jackson and/or Dolan 'low-balled' Kerr with an initial offer of 13M/3 years, giving the Warriors the opportunity to swoop in with a sweeter offer.

That 'low-ball' offer for a ROOKIE COACH is even better than Casey's, who has been coaching in the league for 20-plus years, just lead the Raptors to a franchise best record and was 5th in COY voting. Casey's third year isn't even guaranteed!

Now the Warriors are chasing Nurse. Instead of overpaying for a non-coach and paying even more to surround him with experienced coaches, why not just hire a guy like Nick Nurse to be your head coach?

Man, the NBA baffles me sometimes.
            Apparently, Kerr must think he's Thibs, except he needs to poach coaches from other teams' staffs. All class. Doesn't sound funky at all.

Comment

I don't get all the hype with Kerr, I would probably choose Casey over him on the same contract.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I don't get all the hype with Kerr, I would probably choose Casey over him on the same contract.
                I just don't get the fascination with giving former players head coaching opportunities right out of the gate. There are guys in the NBA, NBDL, and college that have been coaching, scouting and developing players for decades.

If you like a player as a coach, groom him for a year at least. What makes Steve Kerr more qualified than, say Alvin Williams, to be a head coach? Absolutely zip.

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  I just don't get the fascination with giving former players head coaching opportunities right out of the gate. There are guys in the NBA, NBDL, and college that have been coaching, scouting and developing players for decades.

If you like a player as a coach, groom him for a year at least. What makes Steve Kerr more qualified than, say Alvin Williams, to be a head coach? Absolutely zip.
                  Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss Marv Albert along with Steve Kerr in like 2k and stuff. By far my favourite and legendary commentating crews ever.
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Not gonna lie, I'm gonna miss Marv Albert along with Steve Kerr in like 2k and stuff. By far my favourite and legendary commentating crews ever.
                    The commentators all suck in video games.

Comment

The commentators all suck in video games.
                      Truuu but Marv Albert along with Steve Kerr kill the competition

Comment

Truuu but Marv Albert along with Steve Kerr kill the competition
                        Buuuuuuut

they still suck.

Start talking about random things then glitch out and cut back to the action but are too late to sound like an actual commentator.

Comment

Buuuuuuut

they still suck.

Start talking about random things then glitch out and cut back to the action but are too late to sound like an actual commentator.
                          Well, your right

However I love Marv Alberts voice, and Steve Kerr is just fun to say.

Comment

Well, your right

However I love Marv Alberts voice, and Steve Kerr is just fun to say.
                            Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                            X