Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DeRozan was a free agent this offseason, what kind of offers does he get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Didn't say he's Harden. Need to learn how to read.

His value right now is probably similar to what Harden's was after the 10-11 season, maybe a little lower due to Harden's age and the fact that his team went to the finals. Harden was only a 6th man back then and Houston gave him the full max.
    If you were not trying to say he's harden then don't bring Hardens name into a Demar Derozan thread

And BTW I can read just fine
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      If you were not trying to say he's harden then don't bring Hardens name into a Demar Derozan thread

And BTW I can read just fine
      What you just said defies all logic.

So when I bring a player's name up in another player's thread, I'm saying they're the same? You need help...

Comment

What you just said defies all logic.

So when I bring a player's name up in another player's thread, I'm saying they're the same? You need help...
        You're the one who wrote James Harden's name in this thread and said Harden got a full max.

By writing that you were saying that DD is like Harden when he played with OKC in the finals, If you're trying to say that's not what you were trying to do maybe you need help.......
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

You've got to be kidding me...

Tyreke Evans got 12M last year off a bad season. There is no way DeRozan gets less than that.
          Tyreke got it after a great season. He hit spot up shots, defended, moved the ball, moved off the ball. It looked like he would turn it around. He managed to shed many of the criticisms from the first 3 years.

He got paid based on his improvement that year and for his upside -- which he didn't deliver.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            All-Star Status might play a factor in negotiations, so he could probably command $12M per maybe? At 5% Increases.

Though, considering Harden and Paul George are MAX ...
            They deserve max.

I'll also guess that DeRozan might get 12 mil per. I guess his floor could be somewhere around his current salary.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
              They deserve max.

I'll also guess that DeRozan might get 12 mil per. I guess his floor could be somewhere around his current salary.
              No his floor would be around 11-12M, with the ceiling being a max deal.

Some of you do not understand the NBA market. You're not signing a 24 year old all-star for 9.5M.

Comment

Some of you do not understand the NBA market. You're not signing a 24 year old all-star for 9.5M.
                how now, brown cow?
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                    I'm not saying I know the exact market value of each player, but looking at recent history should set a pretty good barometer for what a player's value is.

People who are saying he would get what he's getting now are thinking of what THEY would pay DeRozan, not what GMs would actually pay for him.

You're a mod. Responding with sarcastic memes isn't really the best way to incite useful discussion. I would advise you to respond properly next time, so that the forum can be productive

Comment

I may not be as confident as Imanshumpert, but he's right. $9.5M for an all-star shooting guard is a good deal, and after this current season DeRozan is on a very good contract.

The reality, though, is that his contract isn't over. So we can't really decide if he was over or under paid until after it's been played out. But if he were being signed this year, my money would be on him getting more than $9.5M.

Comment

I'm not saying I know the exact market value of each player, but looking at recent history should set a pretty good barometer for what a player's value is.

People who are saying he would get what he's getting now are thinking of what THEY would pay DeRozan, not what GMs would actually pay for him.
                        Recent history as in Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans?

Two of the worst overpays in recent memory for players in restricted free agency?

I listed all the SGs and PGs being paid more than DD. All of those guys are either significantly better, or were significantly better when they were paid with the exception of those two guys.

I was wrong in saying he'd be paid what he's being paid right now. But I don't see him earning more than 12M at all.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                          Recent history as in Eric Gordon and Tyreke Evans?

Two of the worst overpays in recent memory for players in restricted free agency?

I listed all the SGs and PGs being paid more than DD. All of those guys are either significantly better, or were significantly better when they were paid with the exception of those two guys.

I was wrong in saying he'd be paid what he's being paid right now. But I don't see him earning more than 12M at all.
                          Yeah you KNOW it's an overpay now. I'm not saying that a max deal wouldn't be overpaying DeRozan... it would.

But that doesn't mean GMs wouldn't offer it. I'm not asking what an ideal contract for DeRozan is, I'm asking what he would actually get if he was on the free market.

Comment

You're a mod. Responding with sarcastic memes isn't really the best way to incite useful discussion. I would advise you to respond properly next time, so that the forum can be productive
                            Your opinion is no more valid than anybody else's. We all understand how player values are set (or think we do). If you think your guess is any better than mine or any other poster's - as your messages and tone seems to suggest - you're crazy.

On the subject, I would wager that his value would likely fall in the $10-12M range per season.

Yes DeRozan was an all-star. Yes he had 20+ PPG. Yes he gets a bunch of free throw attempts.

However, I would guess that some coaches still perceive him (to a degree) as being a volume scorer on a 'bad' team. I'm guessing some coaches might still value defense, especially in a premiere, max-contract wing.
                            Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri May 16, 2014, 03:19 PM.

Comment

incite useful discussion??? you clearly don't care what other people actually think so i dont get why you started this thread. you're basically just telling everyone "no you're wrong. this is what DD is worth" over and over and over.

Comment

Actually, Stooley's the one who's been posting the lowest number, and he's a pretty vocal DeVotee (I'm sad this hasn't caught on yet). Dan H is one of the people who could envision someone giving him a max, and he's a pretty vocal DeTractor.

People are saying what they think DeRozan would get on the open market, which is what you asked them to do.
                                That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Working...
                                X