Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If DeRozan was a free agent this offseason, what kind of offers does he get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If DeRozan was a free agent this offseason, what kind of offers does he get?

Just curious to see what people think here.

Probably what he has right now, maybe with an extra year, maybe with small raises through his contract.

That'd be my bet.

Possible it goes up to 10.5M.

I'm just speaking out of my ass here, but that's the best I got.
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

All-Star Status might play a factor in negotiations, so he could probably command $12M per maybe? At 5% Increases.

Though, considering Harden and Paul George are MAX ...
      Last edited by Joey; Fri May 16, 2014, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I could see him commanding about 12M. You never know though with NBA GM's - after his all-star performance, it could be even higher.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I could easily see a desparate team throwing $14 mil at him.

Another interesting question: how high would Masai go to match and keep him?
          "Stop eating your sushi."
          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
            Probably what he has right now, maybe with an extra year, maybe with small raises through his contract.

That'd be my bet.

Possible it goes up to 10.5M.

I'm just speaking out of my ass here, but that's the best I got.
            You've got to be kidding me...

Tyreke Evans got 12M last year off a bad season. There is no way DeRozan gets less than that.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              I could easily see a desparate team throwing $14 mil at him.

Another interesting question: how high would Masai go to match and keep him?
              You realize 14M is more than the max right? But I do agree that he would get a max deal probably (starting at 13.7M)

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                You've got to be kidding me...

Tyreke Evans got 12M last year off a bad season. There is no way DeRozan gets less than that.
                He was an RFA. And just because one guy was wildly overpaid doesn't mean they'll all be.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

He was an RFA. And just because one guy was wildly overpaid doesn't mean they'll all be.
                  That's the market for shooting guards of that level and that age.

Eric Gordon got the max the previous year from Phoenix (matched by NOLA) without even sniffing an all-star game and never playing on a good team.

Comment

That's the market for shooting guards of that level and that age.

Eric Gordon got the max the previous year from Phoenix (matched by NOLA) without even sniffing an all-star game and never playing on a good team.
                    I've never seen anyone say DD was underpaid, and I've seen a lot of respectable writers talk about him having developed this year to match his current contract.

I acknowledged I have no idea. I read a LOT about basketball, and it seems to me most people think with the way DD's game improved this year, he's earned his contract extension.

Whether or not there's a team out there desperate enough to way overpay, I don't know.

Also, again, Gordon was a RFA
                    "Bruno?
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I've never seen anyone say DD was underpaid, and I've seen a lot of respectable writers talk about him having developed this year to match his current contract.
                      I've heard Derozan described as a 'bargain'; but it wouldn't be by much. He's good value for production right now for us. He could eventually be great value.

Comment

DD/Bledsoe would probably be neck and neck in terms of highly coveted free agents. DD is less injury prone and was both in the all-star game and the playoffs. So he should have a lot of suitors.

With the cap going up by about $5M I could see some generous offers. A ball-park guess would be about $13M/year. Essentially close to the max, without paying the max.

Comment

DD is apparently the 6th highest paid SG right now, behind:

Kobe Bryant
                          Joe Johnson
                          Dwyane Wade
                          Eric Gordon
                          James Harden
                          Demar Derozan
                          Marcus Thornton (wut?)
                          OJ Mayo

So there's a serious drop off in talent after DD.

But still, he's no Harden, who's earning 13.7M.

As far as PGs go:

DD is currently earning less than:

Chris Paul
                          Deron Williams
                          Derrick Rose
                          Westbrook
                          Parker
                          Rondo
                          Evans
                          Lawson
                          Curry

and more than:

Holiday
                          Conley
                          Ellis
                          Dragic

It doesn't look that unreasonable where he's pegged right now. DD isn't a two way player. Like I said, maybe he gets a small raise.

More accurately: I'd say DD is a just under max contract player, like a lower tier all star should be. Whether he lands closer to 10M or closer to 12M depends on the FA environment and the negotiations that take place between his agent and interested GMs
                          "Bruno?
                          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

$48m over 4 years.

He'd get in line for the Tyreke Evans.

Comment

You realize 14M is more than the max right? But I do agree that he would get a max deal probably (starting at 13.7M)
                              You do realize that's not true, right? 14M a year is easily achievable with a max contract and raises. Works out to about 14.6M per year on a 4 year offer.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X