Ibaka out for playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibaka out for playoffs

Oklahoma City Thunder big man Serge Ibaka is expected to miss the rest of the playoffs due to a left calf injury suffered in Game 6 of their second-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers, the team announced on Friday.

“We are obviously disappointed for Serge, as he is a tremendous competitor, and we know how badly he wants to be on the court with his teammates,” Oklahoma City general manager Sam Presti said in a statement. “At this point it is important that our team directs its concentration and energy towards preparation and execution for our upcoming series. As with all teams, our group has confronted different challenges. It is our collective experience that we will call on to ensure that we play to our capabilities.”

This is a huge blow to the Thunder's chances against the San Antonio Spurs in the Western Conference finals. Ibaka is their third-best player and he averaged 15.1 points, 8.8 rebounds and 2.7 blocks during the regular season. Reserve big men Nick Collison and Steven Adams will have to shoulder a bigger load in his absence.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...th-calf-injury

I know this is wrong, but I smirked when I read this. Only increases the chances of:

We've got Lets NBA forum for this stuff

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
      We've got Lets NBA forum for this stuff
      Crap my bad posted in the wrong one.

Comment

Spurs in 4

Comment

OKC can't catch a break chasing that championship. Hopefully Spurs win as they have a better shot vs Miami now.

Comment

Working...
          X