Steve Kerr trying to steal Nurse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    If we lose Nurse then the Casey re-hire will look shitty in hindsight. I have to think Masai is grooming Nurse as the coach of the future. The only thing he didn't have on his resume was NBA Assistant. He's had championship level success everywhere he has coached. He completely fixed Casey's retarded offense. Luckily MLSE is willing to spend now, because losing Nurse over $1M a year extra pay would be criminally stupid.
    I agree, use those pockets MLSE!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Was Nurse the guy recommending all those DD/Lowry ISOs, ignoring JV in the post and telling Ross to go sit in the corner? If yes, then, what's so great about this guy? If no, then what's his role, if Casey doesn't listen to him?

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
        Was Nurse the guy recommending all those DD/Lowry ISOs, ignoring JV in the post and telling Ross to go sit in the corner? If yes, then, what's so great about this guy? If no, then what's his role, if Casey doesn't listen to him?
        It's not like Nurse gets to call the offense all game while Casey sits back sipping Pina Colada's. Nurse designed the much improved offensive sets this year, and this is done in practice. It's the first year of Casey's tenure where we consistently used screens, and several of them per possession. When we switch to iso ball it's probably Casey asking DD/Lowry to take over the game. Nurse also wouldn't get to decide the lineups all game, and Casey insisted on using some seriously offensively challenged lineups for long stretches of time (e.g. when Hayes is in instead of JV you can't run the same plays). Ross sits in the corner because he is an amazing catch and shoot 3 point shooter, but not very good at doing it off the roll or dribble. I don't really have a problem with that. When we run several screens Ross is eventually left open in the corner and he can hit that shot at a very high rate.
        Last edited by Primer; Sun May 18, 2014, 09:21 PM.

Comment

The sets improved throughout the year, because they worked on it and luckily had the pieces.

During pressers Casey would say their play calling is simple with several options, but as the season worn on the Raptors ran a lot of 'random' basketball which includes isos and p&r (via vasquez, lowry, derozan) during late shot clock situations. It didn't work well in the playoffs when they needed buckets!

Continuity is key and their chemistry on offence will get better for next season.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
            Who are you? lol
            I am someone on the forum who reads a lot here, but only contributes when I have something to say.

I spoke to Nurse and he kindly answered my questions. He's a cool dude.

Random fact: he has an accounting degree.

Comment

If we lose Nurse then the Casey re-hire will look shitty in hindsight. I have to think Masai is grooming Nurse as the coach of the future. The only thing he didn't have on his resume was NBA Assistant. He's had championship level success everywhere he has coached. He completely fixed Casey's retarded offense. Luckily MLSE is willing to spend now, because losing Nurse over $1M a year extra pay would be criminally stupid.

We get it, you like Nick Nurse. Everything good was because of Nick Nurse, everything bad was because of Dwane Casey.

Is Nick Nurse your dad or something?

Comment

Nick Nurse is a really good coach. He won 3 championships within the D-league and he's also helped our offense tremendously.

I really don't want to see him go. The Raptors are a good place to be in right now, and hes already seen the result of their collaboration. Hopefully it continues onwards.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                  Nick Nurse is a really good coach. He won 3 championships within the D-league and he's also helped our offense tremendously.

I really don't want to see him go. The Raptors are a good place to be in right now, and hes already seen the result of their collaboration. Hopefully it continues onwards.
                  Random question.

When they win champianships in the d league do they celebrate and run parades through the city. Or do they just smile and take the trophy knowing they all suck and won the equivalent of a consolation trophy for being losers who couldn't make the nba
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                    Random question.

When they win champianships in the d league do they celebrate and run parades through the city. Or do they just smile and take the trophy knowing they all suck and won the equivalent of a consolation trophy for being losers who couldn't make the nba
                    Might be like the celebration by the NIT or whatever college tournament, played by the schools not good enough to be in March Madness.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Random question.

Considering they play in gigantic metropolises like Rio Grande, Erie and Santa Cruz, I'd assume parades are in order.
                      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Random question.

to win championships with a bunch of scrappy losers trying to get into the nba sounds like a very difficult task imo

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                          to win championships with a bunch of scrappy losers trying to get into the nba sounds like a very difficult task imo
                          Not really if you consider they're playing against other scrappy losers trying to get into the NBA. To be last in such a championship, now that says something...
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                            We get it, you like Nick Nurse. Everything good was because of Nick Nurse, everything bad was because of Dwane Casey.

Is Nick Nurse your dad or something?
                            Seriously? I can't comment on the coaching without you being a douche?

Comment

Seriously? I can't comment on the coaching without you being a douche?
                              Chill out, it's Bryan Colangelo dude, he's still jobless and bitter

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                                Chill out, it's Bryan Colangelo dude, he's still jobless and bitter
                                And couldn't even get the Bucks GM position
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X