Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Los Angeles Lakers and their draft pick.

It has been reported that Mitch Kupchak is willing to trade away the Lakers first round pick for a good offer. Also, they would like to acquire a pick in the mid/late first round. (I still don't get why but whatever)

Trade: DeRozan+20th pick for the potential top 6 pick.

Why we do it: DeRozan's my favourite player in the NBA but nobody's this stupid to think about trading a first round top 5 pick in a loaded draft like this and we have to take advantage of it. The pick will be 1-9 for sure. If the pick lands top 3, we could get a Parker or Wiggins because I have a feeling Embiid may go top 2. But the pick could land at 6 and we could get Exum or Smart.

Why Lakers do it: They get a 24 year old all star who is constantly improving every single year. When Kobe's gone, they've got a capable SG to lead them. And I think DeMar would be happy to play for his hometown team in California. Also the 20th pick can be a valuable player if they draft with it correctly.

Thoughts?

I heard LA was trying to trade for Love with the pick.. but I agree I think I would take that too

And that's coming from the #1 DeRozan fan

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
      It has been reported that Mitch Kupchak is willing to trade away the Lakers first round pick for a good offer. Also, they would like to acquire a pick in the mid/late first round. (I still don't get why but whatever)

Why we do it: DeRozan's my favourite player in the NBA but nobody's this stupid to think about trading a first round top 5 pick in a loaded draft like this and we have to take advantage of it. The pick will be 1-9 for sure. If the pick lands top 3, we could get a Parker or Wiggins because I have a feeling Embiid may go top 2. But the pick could land at 6 and we could get Exum or Smart.

Why Lakers do it: They get a 24 year old all star who is constantly improving every single year. When Kobe's gone, they've got a capable SG to lead them. And I think DeMar would be happy to play for his hometown team in California. Also the 20th pick can be a valuable player if they draft with it correctly.

Thoughts?
      Kobe's on his way out. The Lakers need a player they can build their team around the next 10+ years. There's no way they're going to trade that pick unless a team like Minnesota offer them Kevin Love, in short a SUPERSTAR type player. I'm a big fan of DeRozan but he's not that.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

No. This is a massive step back. Remember, they're trying to sell Lowry on the idea of returning to Toronto. How does trading away his back court mate make sense? And any player you get back is a significant downgrade in the immediate future.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post

Thoughts?
          Good lord. You have no idea what you have done opening up this thread and mentioned Demar Derozan. God helps you bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

ball4life wrote: View Post
            Good lord. You have no idea what you have done opening up this thread and mentioned Demar Derozan. God helps you bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            It's just a thought. I'm pretty set that DeRozan will not be traded this season and I'm happy with that. Yeah, I know people here go crazy when DeMar's name is mentioned in a thread but I don't care for that. They hate on him for no reason.

Comment

No imo we should keep our young allstar demar he is part of our core the draft may be stacked but there are bound to be some busts

Comment

If it is top 3, I don't think they trade it.

If it is 6 or 7, I think they look at trading.

I'd be open to trading for just DD, not for the #20 and DD.

Comment

I would only trade DD for a top 3 pick, since I feel like there are only 3 guys in this draft who are pretty sure of being as good as or better than him (Wiggins, Embid, Parker). Of course, the Lakers would probably not trade the pick for DD + 20 if they were in the top 3 so...

#KeepDD

Comment

I'd definitely trade DD for a pick that could land them Parker or Wiggins. Of course that pick would probably have to be top three, and if it is then will the Lakers still want to move it? Once you get in the 4-7 range it gets a lot murkier for me, but maybe that will change as the pre-draft process wears on.

Comment

Would you trade DD & Lowry for that pick ? Any draft day trade involving DD diminishes chances of resigning Lowry exponentially. Nothing except Wiggins is acceptable, its not even acceptable in a basketball sense, but sure will sell a lot of tickets.

Comment

I agree that they dont trade it if its top three. Number six I wouldnt do the trade because I feel like the star potential is pretty much done by number six. If they have fourth pick I'd think long and hard about it.

Comment

Dino4life wrote: View Post
                          Would you trade DD & Lowry for that pick ? Any draft day trade involving DD diminishes chances of resigning Lowry exponentially. Nothing except Wiggins is acceptable, its not even acceptable in a basketball sense, but sure will sell a lot of tickets.
                          We can't trade Lowry on draft night. He's an unrestricted free agent.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                            We can't trade Lowry on draft night. He's an unrestricted free agent.
                            I think he's saying that trading DD for a rookie would result in Lowry leaving for somewhere else, so you're basically trading both to get one of Wiggins or Parker.

Comment

I really think if that pick is top 3, the Lakers are going to trade it for Love.

Comment

Working...
                              X