No announcement yet.

Hidden Gems Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's no doubt there is a definite need at sf. If we cant go all in to get Wiggins while keeping most of the starters then, this becomes one of the positions of need. I have thought the same with Barns for a long time now. He is way bigger than Ross, and would of been a better match up for JJ in the series. Ross I think will always be a 6th man that has the opportunity to start, just my opinion. Barnes has pretty much the same ceiling with the athleticism, but we lacked size in the playoffs at the sf specifically, something Barnes would of given us a fighters chance, despite Ross's efforts.

Tobias Harris, very long young talent.
    Nate Wolters, given the right opportunity.
    Anthony Bennett, despite all the bad hype, this kid has some real tools to play with as long as he can run some baby fat off of himself, and stay away from rotten ronnies.( McDonalds for anyone who don't know)

Comment

Ed Davis. Let's bring him back.

Comment

webfeat wrote: View Post
        Fuck, again?
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

I feel like you've watched a completely different C.J Miles than I have. Not a fan.

Comment

e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
            Anthony Randolph is someone I think with the right fit can blossom. He's got some good footwork and isnt terribly slow for a player his size. He's got length and is a good 1-1 and help defender. He needs to pack on some muscle though and his attitude leaves a lot to be desired, but would be an ok fit behind JV
            Masai acquired him to Denver, but he still can't crack the consistent 2nd unit from George Karl in 2013 season. Masai gave him a chance with a cheap contract but: Masai in Strombo tonight: "I hate lazy people".

Comment

webfeat wrote: View Post
              I'll bring him back for a cheaper contract than Tyler Hansborough. That's the only condition we bring him back.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                I only really saw much of him in the first round, but I liked the looks of him too. He was shooting the three great and at least looks big enough to defend as well as Salmons.
                Demare Carroll improved the most since the last two years. Feel-good story for a scrappy SF to gain some range and to reign terror in the playoffs for a near-upset...is he a free agent yet?

Comment

This thread is dangerous to Raptors Republic Dynasty Fantasy Basketball League.

I shall keep my hidden gems to myself until after our free agency period has expired.

Comment

Gordon Hayward. Is he a hidden gem? Thomas Robinson. I just think he can be really productive if you give him a chance. Also Gorgui Dieng.

Nothing too crazy.
                    Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

Kent Bazemore
                      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Reggie Jackson and Thomas Robinson. Reggie if Lowry leaves. Robinson because I'd rather have him than Hansbrough as the 3rd PF. His PER 36 numbers this year were actually pretty good. He can rebound like crazy at least. He was so damn good in college, I can't fathom why he hasn't been good in the NBA.

Comment

delman21 wrote: View Post
                          Anthony Bennett, despite all the bad hype, this kid has some real tools to play with as long as he can run some baby fat off of himself, and stay away from rotten ronnies.( McDonalds for anyone who don't know)
                          I would love to get my hands on Bennett. When he finally got into decent shape his ability to hit the jump shot as well as his handle (and unselfishness) showed flashes of being a great guy to have operating the post option at the top of the arc.

Then I noticed that he could play very well defensively because he is strong and fast....and freakishly long so he did well on the boards as well. Cleveland have themselves a great mix of talent and now just need the right pieces to put it together.

*cough by trading Kyrie cough*

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          I feel like you've watched a completely different C.J Miles than I have. Not a fan.
                          Entirely possible. Dude can be Jamal Crawford one night shooting....but he could be a JR Smith the next.

Primer wrote: View Post
                          Reggie Jackson and Thomas Robinson. Reggie if Lowry leaves. Robinson because I'd rather have him than Hansbrough as the 3rd PF. His PER 36 numbers this year were actually pretty good. He can rebound like crazy at least. He was so damn good in college, I can't fathom why he hasn't been good in the NBA.
                          I like Robinson. I think when he gets his mid ranged jumper down he will be able to make a niche for himself with his speed. He is just so short...

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                            Entirely possible. Dude can be Jamal Crawford one night shooting....but he could be a JR Smith the next.
                            Lol this could totally describe JR Smith himself. Some nights he plays like Jamal, sometimes he plays like bad JR lol
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

Not sure how hidden LaVine is, but this guy has major upside.

Kyle Anderson is another guy being slept on because of his lack of athleticism (some of you are seeing my UCLA bias here... lol), but he could be a Lamar Odom/Boris Diaw type 6th man which we've seen have been very valuable players to championship-level teams.

Comment

I would go with Xavier Henry.
                                Myself (March 2014):
                                The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

Working...
                                X