Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Lowry walk (which he won't) which of these best available PG packages who you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    How would the Raptors get one of these packages?

As for Houston not being able to afford Parsons, that sounds like something from Bleacher Report. Why wouldn't they be able to afford Parsons?
    Houston might let Lin go for cheap seeing as how he's owed $15M this year ($8.5M cap space hit). Parsons is expiring and if he's indicating that he'd like to try the free agent waters next year rather than sign an extension, he might be offered at good value.

Comment

webfeat wrote: View Post
      Houston might let Lin go for cheap seeing as how he's owed $15M this year ($8.5M cap space hit). Parsons is expiring and if he's indicating that he'd like to try the free agent waters next year rather than sign an extension, he might be offered at good value.
      If HOU declines his option this year, he's restricted and they have complete control over whether he comes back. There's almost no chance they move Parsons.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
        Threats to us for the #3 seed next year

1. Atlanta
        2. Chicago
        3. Wizards
        4. Brooklyn
        I would add Charlotte to that list. They have the #9 pick in the draft and a quite a lot of money to spend in free agency.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
          If Lowry walks, I'm afraid you trade away your other assets for future talent. Without him we're not back in the playoffs, unless you land a top-tier point guard (you won't) who can defend. So you build around Ross and JV and whoever else you can get through trade. No sense in riding the treadmill.
          Agree with this unless we were to sign Bledsoe, who imo is a younger, more athletic and actually better defensive version of Lowry (because he can guard the 2 as well and is a game changer with his blocks).

But to pry him away from Phoenix you probably have to offer something dangerously close to the max.... not sure if I'm down for that.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            I would add Charlotte to that list. They have the #9 pick in the draft and a quite a lot of money to spend in free agency.
            As we seem to say every season, Cleveland is another team to watch out for, especially with new management in place. I see them as being similar to Washington the past few years, in that they have a few good young pieces, so it's just a matter of making them all fit together. If they eliminate internal problems and add a few solid veterans (same recipe as Washington), they could 'click' and become another young team on the rise.

Philly will also be loaded with young talent and cap space, so they could very easily turn around their fortunes if the young players find chemistry and a key veteran or two gets added.

Comment

Raptors fans should sit on the corner and pray for :

1) Lowry signs with them.
              2) MU does not over pay ( more than 12 million per year).
              3) Lowry's performance this year was not a contract year performance and he stays healthy and play like this from now on and DOES NOT become OLD Lowry ...

Just sit and pray.

Comment

If Lowry goes, Gravis Vasquez should be the sarting PG. Acquire a solid back up PG who's capable of starting as well and use the money saved (from not re signing Lowry) to acquire a very good starting PF or SF and have either Amir or Ross come off the bench.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                  If Lowry goes, Gravis Vasquez should be the sarting PG. Acquire a solid back up PG who's capable of starting as well and use the money saved (from not re signing Lowry) to acquire a very good starting PF or SF and have either Amir or Ross come off the bench.
                  Jamshid wrote: View Post
                  Raptors fans should sit on the corner and pray for :

1) Lowry signs with them.
                  2) MU does not over pay ( more than 12 million per year).
                  3) Lowry's performance this year was not a contract year performance and he stays healthy and play like this from now on and DOES NOT become OLD Lowry ...

Just sit and pray.

why do i get a sense all these posts point to us treadmilling while all other teams below us now just leapfrog us in the next couple of years

Comment

If Lowry leaves I'd try and make a trade for Reggie Jackson. He reminds me of Bledsoe in that he's behind an elite PG but he's clearly skilled and would probably break out if given a starting role.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                      If Lowry leaves I'd try and make a trade for Reggie Jackson. He reminds me of Bledsoe in that he's behind an elite PG but he's clearly skilled and would probably break out if given a starting role.
                      Why is OKC willing to let go of him ???

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                        Why is OKC willing to let go of him ???
                        Just like with Harden, they'll eventually have to pay him.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Just like with Harden, they'll eventually have to pay him.
                          And they will because he is not a max player or even close to being a Harden. They can afford him unless we are willing to pay him around 10-12 million a year

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                            Lol if we get Jackson for the equivalent of Dudley Redick and two seconds I will cry tears of joy
                            @Boymusic66

Comment

well just read that Lowry is expecting a 4yr, 10-12mil contract...which makes me extremely happy as thats the range he's worth at current market value..he's not asking for anything outrages so it should be a nice clean easy negotiation for MU to lock him up the minute he can on July 1.

Comment

4-Yr 40M.

I like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X