No announcement yet.

Cavs get 1st overall pick for the 2st stright year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The idea that the NBA has been rigging the draft rather than just random chance seems to be almost worthy of a Louis Black monologue (or at least a shitty facsimile).

"So let me get this straight, the NBA and a worldwide accounting firm are colluding to rig the draft year after year and ensuring the top pick is going to.....FUCKING CLEVELAND????

It only makes sense the multi-millions of dollars hush money the NBA would have to pay Ernst and Young and the massive fallout if the conspiracy were ever made public would be more than made up by the DOZENS OF EXTRA FANS a Cleveland powerhouse would attract."

Finally, the same people who are positive this is impossible to be random chance also buy lottery tickets and actually believe they have a chance to win!
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

Id rather a tanking team get wiggins than Cleveland. They just don't deserve him.. At all

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
        Id rather a tanking team get wiggins than Cleveland. They just don't deserve him.. At all
        Wasn't there massive discussion earlier this year where critics felt the NBA had a tanking problem with most people feeling the NBA shouldn't be giving huge rewards to teams that were trying to lose?
        If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
          Wasn't there massive discussion earlier this year where critics felt the NBA had a tanking problem with most people feeling the NBA shouldn't be giving huge rewards to teams that were trying to lose?
          I think he means the cavs don't deserve him because they've wasted so many top picks on mediocre players. Kind of like they've had their shot, so let someone else have it now.

I wanted Orlando to pick number one

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
            I think he means the cavs don't deserve him because they've wasted so many top picks on mediocre players. Kind of like they've had their shot, so let someone else have it now.

I wanted Orlando to pick number one
            The Cavs and their consistently terrible management is being rewarded with high-value assets, over and over. Like the Clippers. Even though they've improved, that improvement is mostly a result of getting lucky in the draft, not from any strong player development, smart acquisitions, etc.

Without the lottery, the Cavs would be on life support and probably deserve to lose their team or be sold to new ownership. I'm sure the other owners hate teams like the Clippers and the Cavs.

Comment

Rigging? what rigging?...didnt u guys see that leprechaun GM rubbing some talisman pin on his lapel and carrying Gilbert's son's bowtie in his pocket to will those balls to fall the Cavs way? So much for Philly (the only team openly tanking from day 1) getting 3rd. That was a kick in the cojones because they really wanted Wiggins I believe.

Comment

Oh I dunno.

Its the single biggest freak occurrence in NBA history that the Cavs just got another #1 pick.

Lebron will go back.

Story will be huge for the NBA.

Blah blah.....

Ya nothing strange here.

Comment

This is a team has had to work very hard to be a failure. I mean seriously? They win it again?

I wonder if Toronto has enough to make an enticing deal to bring Wiggins back home?

Comment

This is the stupidest thing since the bobcats won 7 games and lost the lottery. Like cmon
                    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                    X