Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can or should Raptors make a push to acquire the #1 Pick this Year ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What if Andrew Wiggins becomes amazing and we offer him a Max contract, and he clearly states to Cavs that he wants to be with Toronto..... so they don't match

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      What if Andrew Wiggins becomes amazing and we offer him a Max contract, and he clearly states to Cavs that he wants to be with Toronto..... so they don't match

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
      What if DeRozan breaks the 3pt record next year?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        What if DeRozan breaks the 3pt record next year?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!
        What if Kevin Durant learns that he is actually Canadian and demands a trade to Toronto?

ANTHING IS POSSIBLE!

Comment

What if Michael Jordan comes out of retirement, joins Toronto, breaks the scoring record and entices Wiggins Durant and LeBron to come here and start the greatest dynasty since the Bill Russell Celtics?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

No one has mentioned (unless I missed it) that any player in a Wiggins position to sign a max. contract and goes the QO route is taking one helluva chance on a catastrophic injury in that year...and poof.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
              Don't even try.

Wait for Wiggins to develop and come here in 5 years or whatever it is, it's better that way, he's already developed and we don't have to suck or give up the core for the draft pick.

If they don't take Wiggins #1 pick does not matter as he is all that matters because when we talk about this pick.

And we can still get him as an FA.
              I agree. He's still years away from reaching his potential, anyway.

From an anonymous NBA GM.

"Don’t trust his shot or his ball skills. Can’t go left. There is no “fuck you” to him. Kobe’s like, “Fuck you, I’m better than you.” Where was that? I think he is a content player. That’s not Bill Self’s fault — he didn’t tell him not to shoot.

"He can be your third-best player, but not your best. Say he goes to Orlando. What’s he going to do as an offensive player? Shoot them to more wins? He has one of the best second/third jumps I’ve ever seen and he’ll have some “Fuck … look at that” moments. But that’s not his personality.

"He can be an elite defender. He can guard 1-3s.

"Wiggins has offensive holes in his game — no dribble, no pass, streaky shooter. His sex appeal is only his athleticism. I’m not saying he’s one of these athletes that comes into the league and doesn’t know how to play basketball, but he’s behind the other three guys on my board."

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/ry...id-and-parker/

Comment

What if chuck Hayes learns the threepointfadawaydunk from the master himself Brian Scalabrine

ANYTHInG IS POSSIBLE
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

"Don’t trust his shot or his ball skills. Can’t go left. There is no “fuck you” to him. Kobe’s like, “Fuck you, I’m better than you.” Where was that? I think he is a content player. That’s not Bill Self’s fault — he didn’t tell him not to shoot.

"He can be your third-best player, but not your best. Say he goes to Orlando. What’s he going to do as an offensive player? Shoot them to more wins? He has one of the best second/third jumps I’ve ever seen and he’ll have some “Fuck … look at that” moments. But that’s not his personality.

"Wiggins has offensive holes in his game — no dribble, no pass, streaky shooter. His sex appeal is only his athleticism. I’m not saying he’s one of these athletes that comes into the league and doesn’t know how to play basketball, but he’s behind the other three guys on my board."

I wonder if "an anonymous NBA GM" has any incentive to talk down Wiggins's value.

It's interesting to me how people are giving Wiggins the pointy-elbows treatment now that he's unattainable. I think Wiggins is going to come in and set the league on fire. Especially if he goes to Philly.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                    I wonder if "an anonymous NBA GM" has any incentive to talk down Wiggins's value.

It's interesting to me how people are giving Wiggins the pointy-elbows treatment now that he's unattainable. I think Wiggins is going to come in and set the league on fire. Especially if he goes to Philly.
                    Nah. I think the general consensus is that he's a top 5 pick with the athletic potential to be a super star, but he's not Anthony Davis or Lebron James or other freak athletes that also came into the league with solid basketball skills. He's maybe three to four years of hard work from being a dominant player.

Comment

Feel bad for whichever GM picks Jabari over Wiggins.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                        Feel bad for whichever GM picks Jabari over Wiggins.
                        It will probably look great in the first year and terrible in 2-3
                        @Boymusic66

Comment

bryan colangelo wrote: View Post

Every GM other than the Cavs has incentive to say things like this. Personally I think that anyone who passes on him is going to regret it.

Comment

What if the other GMs believe this guy and Wiggins falls to us?

ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!!!!
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Keep the votes coming guys ... It is great to see that 70% of RR are in touch with reality.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
                                Keep the votes coming guys ... It is great to see that 70% of RR are in touch with reality.
                                Well in truth we DO have enough assets to get the number 1 pick.

However we wont have any left after the trade that we will be terrible with no ways to improve soooooo......bad idea.lol

Comment

Working...
                                X