Draft game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft game

So let's say you found a fine amount of money in your backyard and got yourself an expansion franchise. Then let's say the league decides that there shall be no expansion draft, but instead you'd be allowed to build an entire roster with the first 12 picks of the 2014 Draft.

1. What would it look like? Remember that you need to build a roster, not select the best players available.
    2. What would your team record be next year?
    3. What would its ceiling be, let's say, 5-7 years from now, provided you can't make any trade?

Go!

I was going to do this but then I realized what an incredible amount of time waste that would be.

Comment

My issue is...why wouldn't you draft BPA anyway? Yeah that might be a slightly different 12 from person to person....but wouldn't that give you the best assets? Then you'd have more pieces of value to trade with on your roster. Would you not be allowed to make any trades for 5-7 years either?

Otherwise you'll be reaching big time on guys to try and fit them in rather than drafting better players who would be unhappy with their role or not fit very well as reserves....

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        My issue is...why wouldn't you draft BPA anyway? Yeah that might be a slightly different 12 from person to person....but wouldn't that give you the best assets? Then you'd have more pieces of value to trade with on your roster. Would you not be allowed to make any trades for 5-7 years either?

Otherwise you'll be reaching big time on guys to try and fit them in rather than drafting better players who would be unhappy with their role or not fit very well as reserves....
        Well I did say that the rule was you could not make any trades...

Comment

My imagination isn't good enough for this game. All I can see is half your team being upset at never being given the chance to prove themselves

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Might be easier if it were to be something like the first six picks of each round

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
            Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri May 30, 2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

I'll play.

Exum, Harris, Wiggins, Vonleh, Embiid

Ennis, Stauskas, Parker, Randle, Nurkic

Gordon, Young

Kinda easy though I guess...

Got enough shooter with Harris, Stauskas, Vonleh, Parker, Young

Enough D with Harris, Wiggins, Embiid, Gordon, Young

Enough multiposition guys to mix and match - Exum, Wiggins, Vonleh, and I think Gordon (could probably guard some centers)

Distributor Ennis, Scorers, etc.
              Last edited by stooley; Fri May 30, 2014, 05:07 PM.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Philly and Milwaukee would be soooooo pissed...
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                X