Chandler Parsons.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chandler Parsons.

Houston Rockets declined his option, making him a restricted free agent. I feel like they did this move in hopes of getting Carmelo. Anyways, I like how he would fit on this team and I hope Houston gets Melo because I want Chandler.

Thoughts?

In one scenario, Houston could secure three max-out players – including Howard, Harden and a potential star free agent – and then re-sign Parsons to an extension below the max-level range. Parsons could command in the $12 million to $13 million annual range, league executives tell Yahoo Sports. Yahoo! Sports - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.tAzWNnVd.dpuf
    No, just no...

Comment

I thought they did it so that they can sign him to a longer deal and avoid him becoming a free agent next year. He'll be asking for Lowry-level salary.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
        I thought they did it so that they can sign him to a longer deal and avoid him becoming a free agent next year. He'll be asking for Lowry-level salary.
        Yeah, otherwise they'd have to compete against the open market next year without the opportunity to match contracts and go over the cap. I think you're right ebrian.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
          Exactly.

They'll be able to sign him for 5 years and his cap hit right now is barely $1.8m.

Houston is setting up for another big FA if they can shed Asik and Lin.

Comment

God, I hate Houston sometimes. It's okay. They still don't have any actual leadership. But doesn't it waste their cap for like a week if someone offers a contract to Parsons? I know that it does for the team that offers, what about the team that matches?
            @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
              God, I hate Houston sometimes. It's okay. They still don't have any actual leadership. But doesn't it waste their cap for like a week if someone offers a contract to Parsons? I know that it does for the team that offers, what about the team that matches?
              Old CBA was 7 days.

I think new CBA is 3 days.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Old CBA was 7 days.

I think new CBA is 3 days.
                Yep.

Technically, the Raps could make an offer if they temporarily renounce the rights to their free agents, then if it falls through, unrenounce those rights. But it would be terribly risky.
                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

In the new 'advanced stats' age.. some GM will give him a boat load of money. Some eager new GM that has cap space.. maybe Philly for example.

Comment

Some team should be making a big offer and quickly - it would throw a big wrench into the Rockets' plans to use cap room for a big name. Once an offer sheet is signed, that's the cap hold that counts against the cap, not his currently tiny 1.8M cap hold.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                      Some team should be making a big offer and quickly - it would throw a big wrench into the Rockets' plans to use cap room for a big name. Once an offer sheet is signed, that's the cap hold that counts against the cap, not his currently tiny 1.8M cap hold.
                      I would imagine there is enough good will between Parsons and Rockets (unless things go or have gone horribly wrong, of course) that Parsons would not sign the offer sheet until the Rockets get their free agency work done.

During those 10/11 days a lot will be done. I bet Morey is just hoping God doesn't intervene as he did with Salmons.

Comment

Scenario: Raptors waive Salmons, Hansbrough, Stone, Buycks. Renounce rights to Patterson, Vasquez, de Colo. Do not renounce Lowry's rights. Offer Parsons a 4 year, 42.2M dollar contract (assuming he is willing to accept that, which you would know during the moratorium negotiating period).

Option A) Parsons accepts contract and HOU matches. Unrenounce rights to Vasquez, de Colo and Patterson. Note that RFA status is lost at this point, so it relies on them wanting to come back. Re-sign them as planned, sign Lowry as planned.

Option B) Parsons accepts contract and HOU declines to match. Rights can not be unrenounced at this point. Re-sign Lowry as planned. Use MLE to re-sign Patterson.

It's a risky course of action since either way you lose control of your RFA's, and you rely on the players wanting to come back. Mind you, they seem to want to, so maybe it's not that huge a risk. On the upside, if you get an offer signed by Parsons at midnight on July 10th, that screws HOU's cap room that they presumably want to manufacture to sign a max level guy, so maybe they don't match to be able to chase that guy (Melo, probably).
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                          Scenario: Raptors waive Salmons, Hansbrough, Stone, Buycks. Renounce rights to Patterson, Vasquez, de Colo. Do not renounce Lowry's rights. Offer Parsons a 4 year, 42.2M dollar contract (assuming he is willing to accept that, which you would know during the moratorium negotiating period).

Option A) Parsons accepts contract and HOU matches. Unrenounce rights to Vasquez, de Colo and Patterson. Note that RFA status is lost at this point, so it relies on them wanting to come back. Re-sign them as planned, sign Lowry as planned.

Option B) Parsons accepts contract and HOU declines to match. Rights can not be unrenounced at this point. Re-sign Lowry as planned. Use MLE to re-sign Patterson.

It's a risky course of action since either way you lose control of your RFA's, and you rely on the players wanting to come back. Mind you, they seem to want to, so maybe it's not that huge a risk. On the upside, if you get an offer signed by Parsons at midnight on July 10th, that screws HOU's cap room that they presumably want to manufacture to sign a max level guy, so maybe they don't match to be able to chase that guy (Melo, probably).
                          Only exception Raps have in scenario B is the top up ($2.7M) isn't it?

I thought to gain cap space you not only renounce players but exceptions as well.

Comment

I would imagine there is enough good will between Parsons and Rockets (unless things go or have gone horribly wrong, of course) that Parsons would not sign the offer sheet until the Rockets get their free agency work done.

During those 10/11 days a lot will be done. I bet Morey is just hoping God doesn't intervene as he did with Salmons.
                            Possible, although I thought there was more ill will than good will, due to Parsons asking for a raise last year as well and being stuck on a minimum salary deal. You may be right though.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Only exception Raps have in scenario B is the top up ($2.7M) isn't it?

I thought to gain cap space you not only renounce players but exceptions as well.
                              Yes, that's true. I guess that top-up gets used to re-sign de Colo as backup PG, and you have to rely on the draft for your backup PF.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                              X