No announcement yet.

Is Lowry a Top 10 Pg in the NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lowry had a better PER, TS%, TRB%, STL%, TOV%, ORtg, Drtg, and double the win shares of Jeff Teague.

Based on two-way play, mine are:
    1. CP3
    2. Westbrook
    3. Curry
    4. Lowry
    5. Wall

Lowry's a better passer/facilitator than Dragic, a better outside shooter than Rondo, and a much better defender than Lillard. Tony Parker is great but I don't think he fares as well on any other team. Dragic/Rondo/Lillard/Parker/Conley are my 6-10, in no particular order.

I don't think Derrick Rose deserves a spot anywhere until he can prove he's healthy for a full season. The guy has played 10 games over the last 2.5 seasons!

Comment

It's a tricky ranking because of guys like Rose and Rondo who have been ineffective due to injuries. Rose could easily be top 2 if he can keep it together. Lowry beat out a lot of guys and proved a lot of people wrong, but it was just one year. It would be different if Lowry had been 24. But at 28, we might see 2-3 years more of THIS Lowry, which is great but is it fair to rank him ahead of other guys who are similar but much younger?

Here's who's been listed that I would absolutely unequivocally rank BELOW Lowry:

Mike Conley/Jeff Teague/Ty Lawson - None of these guys have the ability to take over games on a consistent basis. They aren't the type of guys that if they struggle, the team struggles. To me they are just a product of their systems.

So here's my ranking:
      1. Chris Paul
      2. Tony Parker
      3. John Wall
      4. Stephan Curry
      5. Russell Westbrook
      6. Derrick Rose
      7. Goran Dragic
      8. Kyle Lowry
      9. Damian Lillard
      10. Rajon Rondo
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

[QUOTE=Jamshid;341612]I think Lowry and Teague are at the same level. Williams played hurt this year. Over all, You have to take into account the past seasons too and based on that rank these guys. The chance of Lowry playing like this season the same is very low.[/QUOTE

Lowry had a way better season than Teague.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Lowry was definitely one of the ten best point guards in the NBA this season, arguably top 5. But like others have mentioned, this was the only season he played at that level from beginning to end and a lot of the guys he's in competition with are either much younger, have had multiple really good seasons, or both.

Comment

Ooof, Kyle Lowry = Jeff Teague? Tough crowd!

Zach Lowe (I think) had Lowry 3rd team all-NBA.
            "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Apparently Eric Bledsoe is asking for the max, if Lowry sees this would he also ask for the max? and would you give him the max. I would imo. Lowry>bledsoe

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                Apparently Eric Bledsoe is asking for the max, if Lowry sees this would he also ask for the max? and would you give him the max. I would imo. Lowry>bledsoe
                Lowry > Bledsoe is debatable.

What's not debatable is that Bledsoe is 24 and is perceived to have very high potential, while Lowry is 28 and is perceived to have peaked.

So Bledsoe's value is higher. Plus the main reason teams would offer the max isn't necessarily because Bledsoe is worth that, it's because they're trying to push the limit as high as possible so that Phoenix doesn't match the offer sheet.

That's not really the case with Lowry.

Comment

Bledsoe is going to get the max (probs from Phoenix) and the team who does it will probably regret it.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

While there's no doubt some players are overpaid, this list was never about value. Who is better over the whole body of work, is what is under debate here. I think Lowry going forward can achieve a top 10 standing for another 2-3 years. I would say it's even possible for 4-5 years, but the problem is in 2-3 years there's going to be some young guys we haven't even seen yet that will be getting better and better.

Irving still needs to mature, Brandon Knight and Kemba Walker have shown flashes (similar to Lowry 2-3 years ago), and last years' class of Michael Carter-Williams and Trey Burke could get there in 2-3 years, not to mention the guys coming in this year like Marcus Smart and Dante Exum. By the time Lowry is 32 he could easily fall out of the top 15, maybe even to 20. These are things that Ujiri has to consider.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

According to that weird Wins Produced stat some of you love to hate:
                      #1 Chris Paul: a transcendent star
                      #2 Curry: superstar
                      Tied for #3 and #4 are Lowry and Dragic

So according to WP, Lowry was a top 5 PG.

Comment

based off of one year good statistical year? No, Lowry is not a top 10 point guard. He's gotta put another couple of seasons together first.

Comment

No, he's not Top 10. Maybe if you count only this season, sure.

And hell no I wouldn't give Lowry the max. He's getting 10/11 tops.

Comment

I just really wish he was 23 years old only, sigh.

Comment

The only PG clearly better than Lowry (not counting potential) is Chris Paul. Lowry is solidly in a group of at least 6 players in that second tier.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                                Would you consider Lowry to be a Top 10 point guard in the league right now and where would you rank him?
                                This is my List:
                                1. CP3
                                2. Russell Westbrook
                                3. Steph Curry
                                4. John Wall
                                5. Damian Lillard
                                6. Tony Parker
                                7. Goran Dragic
                                8. Kyle Lowry
                                9. Ty Lawson
                                10. Kyrie Irving
                                1. CP3