Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt that Hansbrough will be back for the simple reason that he has fallen out of favor with Coach Casey, who, I guess, prefers guys that play even when their ankles are breaking. So he will be either traded or waived. Either way, I hope he finds a team that will find greater use for his offensive talents. You see Tyler warming up, and every jump shot goes in. But he rarely shoots it in a game any more--and it's certainly not built into the offensive plan. Likewise, playing him as backup center, as Casey did, is a poor use of his skills.

As for Perkins, he is not really an improvement except for being an inch taller and thirty pounds heavier. He will make $6 million dollars more than Hansbrough's current contract. I would not make that trade, but then, I am not as savvy as Mr. Ujiri.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
      Salmons+Novak+37th+59th for Perkins and 21st or 29th
      No, we need to keep our second rounders.
      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

What about Derozan, 20th pick and Amir to Cleveland for Tristan Thompson, Anthony Bennett and Andrew Wiggins?

Comment

Why would Cleveland do that?

Comment

What about Afflalo, Harkless, and #12 for DeMar and #20?

I think you could flip Afflalo to Charlotte for #9.

Is that fair value?

Comment

If this thread is about trading a Raptor for additional picks/prospects than how about I throw a name out there..

What do guys think about Otto Porter? He was terrible last year for Washington. They want to win and they have depth at the wing position (assuming Ariza comes back). Could get him for cheap.

Comment

Salmons just needs to gtfo dumb casey always playing him over ross remember that okc game? Yea.....

I'd keep hansbrough unless a good trade comes up

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                  If this thread is about trading a Raptor for additional picks/prospects than how about I throw a name out there..

What do guys think about Otto Porter? He was terrible last year for Washington. They want to win and they have depth at the wing position (assuming Ariza comes back). Could get him for cheap.
                  I don't think they give up on him yet.

They gave Vesely 2.5 seasons.

Porter was injured I believe. I think they give him another shot. Webster's back is never safe.

Comment

OKC will not give us a first rounder to take Perkins off their hands. As others have said, Salmons is nothing more than cap space or the TPE we got when we traded Bosh. We all remember what that got us ... I would expect Salmons to get us the same .. nothin.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                      OKC will not give us a first rounder to take Perkins off their hands. As others have said, Salmons is nothing more than cap space or the TPE we got when we traded Bosh. We all remember what that got us ... I would expect Salmons to get us the same .. nothin.
                      Bosh wasn't a burdensome contract.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

At the very least, we'll get a roster space for Salmons when we get rid of him.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          If OKC gives us the 21st pick why not? Perkins could actually be a nice backup for us.

These are the kind of shrewd, paced asset accumulation moves that lead to teams like Houston and Boston having a shit ton of draft picks/prospects at their disposal to trade.
                          I'd take the deal if they give us Perry Jones III.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                            I'd take the deal if they give us Perry Jones III.
                            You mean instead of a pick? Or in addition to a pick?

I might be ok with Jones III even instead of a pick. Turning Salmons into any young cheap asset is not bad.

Comment

Honestly, as long as we get something for TH and Salmons.

TH is only guaranteed 1M too right? Pick up his TO, and then flip him together with Salmons. Tha'ts like 11M in Salary that another team can send out, but only guaranteed for 2M coming back, no?

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                Bosh wasn't a burdensome contract.
                                nothing to do with Bosh's contract .. just the TPE that we got when we sign and traded him. It was simply cap space that allowed us to trade for a higher salary. Totally analagous to what Salmons is today. My point is that has very little value (certainly not enough to get a 1st rounder for)

Comment

Working...
                                X