Free Agent SF - Aminu? Ariza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stooley wrote: View Post
    he's really, really bad at that lol. I'm not sure I'd be a fan either.
    YEah, Aminu is not someone you get for offence. Basically we'd have the same problems as with Fields or Salmons last year, except that we'd have a guy who's better on the defensive end at least and has the size to matchup against bigger SFs.

He shouldn't be a high priority target, but on the cheap for a year or two it's not a bad deal. I'd consider it much like going after Hansbrough last offseason, and ideally at an even lower cost (I'm thinking bi-annual exception).

Comment

We need that three point shooter though.... you guys cannot deny that. Unless Fields regains that shot of his somehow.......
      Axel wrote:
      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
      KeonClark wrote:
      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
      KeonClark wrote:
      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Cody73 wrote: View Post
        We need that three point shooter though.... you guys cannot deny that. Unless Fields regains that shot of his somehow.......
        They've got Ross and Lowry with Vazquez on the bench, plus Patterson is at least mediocre, and in theory DeRozan really should be able to shoot 3s better than he does. I don't think this is a massive need at this point.
        That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
          They've got Ross and Lowry with Vazquez on the bench, plus Patterson is at least mediocre, and in theory DeRozan really should be able to shoot 3s better than he does. I don't think this is a massive need at this point.
          Ross and Vasquez are streaky shooters, if they can gain a little more consistency and DeMar adds another 2-3 percent to his numbers we are OK, but still not great.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Ross and Vasquez are streaky shooters, if they can gain a little more consistency and DeMar adds another 2-3 percent to his numbers we are OK, but still not great.
            Wasn't our three points stats in the top half of the year last year?
            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Don't mind him for Hansbrough money on a 2+1 deal as a backup combo-forward.

But once you're looking at 5-6M per year, please God in heaven no.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                Don't mind him for Hansbrough money on a 2+1 deal as a backup combo-forward.

But once you're looking at 5-6M per year, please God in heaven no.
                Yeah, absolutely not at 5-6M. If we're going to go after anyone at such a price this offseason, I'd probably only be ok with Marvin Williams at that price. One year with an option, even if it's player option, for a 2nd. And I don't think that gets Williams unless the market is unusually dry for him, especially in terms of contract years.

Comment

I highly doubt any team would offer him anything close to 5-6M a year. And if they do offer that much money, it'd probably be a one year deal for him to prove that he cant shoot.

Comment

Could getting Ariza be the answer?

I know it sounds like a long shot, but I feel Trevor Ariza would be a great guy to pick up. He's 28 and seems to have everything this teams needs: A good 3-point guy (.347 in his career), he can rebound (6.2 last year) and he has won a championship beforehand back in 2009. What do you guys think about signing him?

Lineup:

Lowry/GV

Derozan

Ariza

Johnson

JV
                    Axel wrote:
                    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                    KeonClark wrote:
                    I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

no ariza only plays during his contract years
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

If he keeps up playing the way he did last year he is definitely a perfect fit for us, but a lot of people seem to think he won't.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

People here keep saying let's not sign Ariza because this was his contract year. The same should go for Lowry then.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
                            People here keep saying let's not sign Ariza because this was his contract year. The same should go for Lowry then.
                            Agreed. I think Ariza will keep up playing the way he has the problem is he is probably going to ask for too much money and you never want to overpay a role player.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Stop looking for quick fixes...

There is no one move/player that is going to be "the answer". Chill, accumulate cheap, flexible assets, don't make boneheaded, short-sighted signings like trading away 1st round picks for Barnes or signing Trevor Ariza to a huge multi-year deal.

It's funny how most fans probably would've done the exact same shit (or worse) that Colangelo did with this team for the past 6 years if they were the GM.

Comment

imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                                Stop looking for quick fixes...

There is no one move/player that is going to be "the answer". Chill, accumulate cheap, flexible assets, don't make boneheaded, short-sighted signings like trading away 1st round picks for Barnes or signing Trevor Ariza to a huge multi-year deal.

It's funny how most fans probably would've done the exact same shit (or worse) that Colangelo did with this team for the past 6 years if they were the GM.
                                You are very right. I was more thinking about having Ariza as a good role player for a few years. Not as the answer or anything. But I guess that just ties up the team money wise to make big moves down the line. What do you think we should do this offseason? Any players other than the draft picks and our own free agents you think we should go after?

Comment

Working...
                                X