Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toronto - Detroit

A sign and trade

To Detroit - Salmons and Hansbrough's 7.5+3.5 expirings and Tross 2.7 = 13.7

To Toronto - Greg Monroe signed for 13M over 4 years.

Bird rights to resign Kyle and GV...
    Pass on one of Patterson or Amir
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Salmons is 7 million for next year but the deal is reasonable who are the Raptors going to play at the three.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
      Salmons is 7 million for next year but the deal is reasonable who are the Raptors going to play at the three.
      How is it reasonable? He was terrible for the last 3 months of this past season. He's clearly just physically worn out, and he was bad on both ends.

I don't want to trade him for Monroe, but if we can trade his deal, which is basically expiring this year as only $1M is guaranteed, and get anything back that's awesome. And we can try about any young player or minimum value guy to replace him. There's gotta be someone who can provide more on at least one end.

Comment

Salmons approves this trade, he basically gets a 6 mil bonus for no reason at all. If a deal like that did happen, Fields or Hayes would be in that deal instead of Salmons.

In general, it looks like a solid trade for Toronto. I don't like Monroe's fit with Jonas, but it's a win in assets. Would Detroit do it, I don't know, but I would guess not. I doubt that's the best they could get.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
          What the fuck are you smoking?
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Better stuff than you are, what is your address. You a very angry man.
            My desire was Wes Chandler + Mosgov for Salmons + Amir
            That way we cover what we really require.

Comment

The win for Detroit is a floor spacer in Ross. He also comes to them on a rookie scale deal. They also get the Salmons and Hansbrough contracts that when they waive Tyler and Salmons leave them with a paltry 2M cap hit for one year and they can move a guy that doesn't want to play there. Why hold on to a guy who doesn't want to be there at close to max money when you match and your stuck with him. Maybe you can trade for more but this is the equivalent of taking the money off the table when its right there to be done.
              Agents seem to be able to get their guys out when the want to and Monroe seems to want out.
              The Raps get a legit PF that projects to an 18 and 10 guy for the next decade. Its going to cost us Ross and likely one of Amir or PPat. but were getting a proven low post big body scorer. That will cost.
              Detroit gets the floor spacer they need with T.Ross and they can then move Josh Smith back to PF with Drummond in the mdidle and on the wing you have Caldwell Pope and T Ross.
              Stan van Gundy with the expirings now has 20M in cap money to find himself a PG and PF/SF that fit his scheme.
              - TGO

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                The win for Detroit is a floor spacer in Ross. He also comes to them on a rookie scale deal. They also get the Salmons and Hansbrough contracts that when they waive Tyler and Salmons leave them with a paltry 2M cap hit for one year and they can move a guy that doesn't want to play there. Why hold on to a guy who doesn't want to be there at close to max money when you match and your stuck with him. Maybe you can trade for more but this is the equivalent of taking the money off the table when its right there to be done.
                Agents seem to be able to get their guys out when the want to and Monroe seems to want out.
                The Raps get a legit PF that projects to an 18 and 10 guy for the next decade. Its going to cost us Ross and likely one of Amir or PPat. but were getting a proven low post big body scorer. That will cost.
                Detroit gets the floor spacer they need with T.Ross and they can then move Josh Smith back to PF with Drummond in the mdidle and on the wing you have Caldwell Pope and T Ross.
                Stan van Gundy with the expirings now has 20M in cap money to find himself a PG and PF/SF that fit his scheme.
                You can't actually do that in your trade. If you want Salmons and Hansbrough to count for 2 mil, you have to cut them by the end of this month. And you are suggesting a July trade here. If you want to trade Salmons and Hansbrough in July, they will have to be paid their full 10+ mil.

That's why I said Salmons approves this deal. You are giving him a nice fat retirement bonus. Which Detroit would not at all be interested in paying.

Monroe like you say is a good young big man. I doubt they would trade him for Terrence Ross and some garbage contracts. Remember, Toronto isn't the only other team in the NBA. There are 28 more teams that Detroit can call.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                  You can't actually do that in your trade. If you want Salmons and Hansbrough to count for 2 mil, you have to cut them by the end of this month. .
                  Draft Day Trade. Gives the right for Dee-troit to not renew their new assets (TH and JS) before July 1. I'd love to see Monroe suit up with the Raps next year. Its a very long shot in that the Pistons would be trading a young and currently peripheral all star big for a largely unproven wing and some more cap space to use this year.
                  Its still plausible as it frees up SVG to remake the Pistons roster that was just . .well .. putrid last year.
                  - TGO

Comment

Draft Day Trade. Gives the right for Dee-troit to not renew their new assets (TH and JS) before July 1. I'd love to see Monroe suit up with the Raps next year. Its a very long shot in that the Pistons would be trading a young and currently peripheral all star big for a largely unproven wing and some more cap space to use this year.
                    Its still plausible as it frees up SVG to remake the Pistons roster that was just . .well .. putrid last year.
                    It's a Monroe sign and trade. You can't do a sign and trade on draft day. It has to be in July.

Comment

It's a Monroe sign and trade. You can't do a sign and trade on draft day. It has to be in July.
                      I am working with the idea that the contracts and the players they are tied to simply transfer to the respective teams and those teams act accordingly prior to July 1. Detroit buys out JS + TH and keeps Ross and his 2 5M. We have the understanding via Monroes "people" that he will sign with us for an agreed to amount on the first minute of the first day of FA.
                      This will not be the first or last time I am deadass wrong but whats in the CBA to prevent this ?
                      - TGO

Comment

I am working with the idea that the contracts and the players they are tied to simply transfer to the respective teams and those teams act accordingly prior to July 1. Detroit buys out JS + TH and keeps Ross and his 2 5M. We have the understanding via Monroes "people" that he will sign with us for an agreed to amount on the first minute of the first day of FA.
                        This will not be the first or last time I am deadass wrong but whats in the CBA to prevent this ?
                        If the Raptors want to give away Salmons/Hansbrough/Ross in June and then sign Monroe in July as a free agent, then that's not a trade. Monroe's signing is a completely separate action.

In a trade, you have to trade something for something at a certain point in time. It can be some combination of players, picks, draft rights, a trade exception, but it has to be something. You can't trade Derozan to the Cleveland now and get Wiggins in 2020 in return as part of the same trade. Same with your trade. You can't trade your players to Detroit in June, but Detroit trades you their players in July.

I suppose you could trade Ross/Salmons/Hansbrough for Josh Smith or something and then try to sign Monroe in July. But there wouldn't be any money left to sign Monroe. And Detroit wouldn't actually be legally bound to let Monroe go.
                        Last edited by BobLoblaw; Tue Jun 17, 2014, 02:11 PM.

Comment

If the Raptors want to give away Salmons/Hansbrough/Ross in June and then sign Monroe in July as a free agent, then that's not a trade. Monroe's signing is a completely separate action.
                          The trade is a discrete action at that point in time for both teams. The rights to Ross + Salmons + TH transfer on said date , the 26th of June, along with their existing and future contractual terms. With Ross he is signed to 2016. With TH +JS the team has a term it can exercise to buy out those players and decline the option or pick up the option and sign them at a pre arranged contract value which i think is 7M+3.5M respectively).
                          In return for that consideration Detroit sends to Toronto one Greg Monroe and his existing contract with its existing and future provisions but he would be the "property" of the Raps on the transaction date of June 26th. By owning his contract before those provisions can be exercised the Raps are in a postion to either sign him to a new contract at a pre arranged value or match an offer sheet that was presented to "thier" restricted free agent in July.
                          Unless the CBA prohibits this trade the exchange of players and their contracts for reasons I don't know of the contracts and their terms are tradeable assets at draft time.

I'd love Monroe at that price. I am not sure Detroit would do it now that Joe D is out of the chair.
                          Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 17, 2014, 04:44 PM.
                          - TGO

Comment

The trade is a discrete action at that point in time for both teams. The rights to Ross + Salmons + TH transfer on said date , the 26th of June, along with their existing and future contractual terms. With Ross he is signed to 2016. With TH +JS the team has a term it can exercise to buy out those players and decline the option or pick up the option and sign them at a pre arranged contract value which i think is 7M+3.5M respectively).
                            In return for that consideration Detroit sends to Toronto one Greg Monroe and his existing contract with its existing and future provisions but he would be the "property" of the Raps on the transaction date of June 26th. By owning his contract before those provisions can be exercised the Raps are in a postion to either sign him to a new contract at a pre arranged value or match an offer sheet that was presented to "thier" restricted free agent in July.
                            Unless the CBA prohibits this trade the exchange of players and their contracts for reasons I don't know of the contracts and their terms are tradeable assets at draft time.

I'd love Monroe at that price. I am not sure Detroit would do it now that Joe D is out of the chair.
                            No, Pistons can't trade Monroe before July. You can't trade players in June unless they are under contract for next year.

Comment

This will not be the first or last time I am deadass wrong but whats in the CBA to prevent this ? .
                              No, Pistons can't trade Monroe before July. You can't trade players in June unless they are under contract for next year.
                              And that piece of information (can't trade unless under contract for the next year) effectively closes this trade thread...KABONG !

Only 9 more nights of navel gazing to go till the draft free for all
                              Last edited by Demographic Shift; Tue Jun 17, 2014, 07:51 PM.
                              - TGO

Comment

Working...
                              X