Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things:
    - Bosh would want a max contract to come back to Toronto. Raptors don't have the cap space. If a S&T was done, the Raptors would have to give up a few assets to make a trade work with Miami
    - Bosh is 30 years old.. he's passed his prime and so we'd be paying a lot for a guy that won't be playing like a max contract in 1-2 years.
    - Would Bosh and his family be willing to leave the beaches of Miami for the snow in Toronto?
    - Would the fan base forgive?
    - What type of Bosh would come to Toronto? The Toronto alpha-dog Bosh or the Miami 3rd fiddle Bosh? I'd prefer the latter because I value team play over individual play. Would Bosh be willing to take that role on a non contender?

Seems like a lot of work to bring him back. Don't think it will happen.

Comment

the only prodigal son that needs to return to Toronto is one Vince Carter...he actually was a real superstar that made a difference to the city, the franchise and a generation of Canadian ballers.. and was forced out mainly due to piss poor management...Bosh was a star that put up stats but took the franchise nowhere and left us holding our dicks in the wind instead of being upfront with BC during free agency...F*#K him. Let him play 3rd wheel (or 4th if melo to mia happens) and let his legacy be of the NBA's #1 meme target.

Comment

Despite the poor title, grammar etc. he has a point. It will not happen, but Bosh is the exact type of PF we need. He would be a beast if he came back. Back to the days of 22 and 10, and he's a better defender in the post now.

Fun to think about but not happening. If we are gonna put all our eggs in the PF basket we may as well try to trade for K Love. Him and Demar would be a lot of fun together.

Comment

IROR wrote: View Post
          Despite the poor title, grammar etc. he has a point. It will not happen, but Bosh is the exact type of PF we need. He would be a beast if he came back. Back to the days of 22 and 10, and he's a better defender in the post now.

Fun to think about but not happening. If we are gonna put all our eggs in the PF basket we may as well try to trade for K Love. Him and Demar would be a lot of fun together.
          if we are gonna put our eggs into the PF basket it should be for someone that actually fits our team as a young stud thats coming into their prime like the rest of our team. i.e Greg Monroe! K.Love & Bosh is not realistic at all.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
            There is one other prodigal son of Massai's which nobody talks about coming to Toronto. The first one he sacraficed as a GM, Carmelo Anthony. Take away all of your bias' with Melo and tell me you don't think he is exactly what this team needs to contend.
            Melo is not a Masai type player...plus i think he opts in for 1 more year with the Knicks...I really like what Phil is doing over there despite Dolan. Phil & Fish with the triangle system and a clean slate on the books in 2015 off season. I think Jackson is gonna turn that team around.

Comment

Not a fan of this idea at all. I hope people are watching the finals and are realizing that big names and ball stoppers don't win titles. Bosh is becoming a soft, complacent, shell of his former self. Doesn't get to the line, shoots way too many threes, getting bullied on D. No thanks. As for the Melo comments: LOL. No. TEAM players are needed. Movement on O is needed. Engaged defenders are needed.
              There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                I think it would be ironic if the raptors brought Bosh back.
                All those years that Colangelo was trying to build around him, and now, the team has been built and he's the missing piece.

I believe he will be a perfect fit for the raps. we need that stretch four, who can put the ball on the floor and blowby opposing fours and at the same time be able to take those perimeter jumpers to space the floor for JV, Lowry and Demar. Specially with his much improved 3ball, id take Bosh over Millsap, any day.

The only thing i dont want to happen is for him to come in and act like he owns the team just because he came from the big three and with multiple championships. attitudes like that ruin team chemistry and camaraderie. play your game, buy-in to casey's system, and i think with Lowry/Demar/Ross/Bosh/JV this team can compete big time.
                Bad attitude and poor chemistry are exactly the reasons not to bring him back.

Comment

When did Bosh become a cancer. Bosh is one of the classiest players in the league. Bosh is probably the only realistic Star we can get. Just cause he knows how Toronto really is. Bosh is also a very unselfish player and does what it takes to win. Some of make it seem like Bosh is a black whole. PPL do remember that we had one of the best passing teams while Bosh was here right? Bosh is in prime and will probably like this for another 3-4 years.
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post

Seriously though, I have no interest in Bosh or Carter or any other trips down nostalgia lane. I want us to move forward, not backward.
                    Protocol droid! Brilliant!!!

Comment

Bosh would fit nicely with this team. He has another 4-5 years left before a major decline.

Comment

Bosh would fit nicely in an on-court sense...

But would he want to be the alpha dog? Something he's really not suitable for.
                        Would he get after it as hard on D without James and Wade pushing him? Bosh was an absolutely atrocious defender in Toronto, and is still pillsbury soft in the post.
                        Would he be worth the hefty pricetag? No. Period.
                        Would he get over his prima donna ways? Unlikely.
                        Does he want to live in Toronto/Canada again? The mopey bastard would have to live with cold weather and not getting to see his name on ESPN. He'd rather be on ESPN licking LeBron's sack than have much more coverage on TSN in Canada.

So not worth it in my opinion. Especially since the Raps would have to work some magic to clear cap room and/or trade assets to be able to target him. It makes even less sense than trying to get Carter on a cheap deal as a bench player.

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          CB would automatically be the best player on this team. Unless DD goes to another player. I really think this Melo thing has legs. Somethings got to give and it wont be Wade, he isn't going anywhere.
                          It has nothing to do with who the best player is. The ball starts with the guards. They're not going to start running more isolation to satisfy a player like Bosh. If Bosh plays the stretch role, he's the 4th option in a horns set (because he sets up on the wing, rather than using the pick-and-pop). If he sets up in the post, he's taking space from JV. Bosh primarily plays in the mid-range, well, that's the same part of the interior DeMar plays in.

There's also the whole locker room chemistry thing (I know, I know). Again, this is Lowry's and DeMar's team.

Since we're talking fantasy -- I would rather have Love. He plays in a system where he regularly picks and pops/rolls. MASSIVE rebounder -- so he can score some points when plays aren't called for him. AND he doesn't care about playing in a small market.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
                            Good god, Melo on this team would be Rudy Gay to the nth power. Ball stopping iso play is not what we need.

I think he is going to make whoever signs him regret it.
                            Accept unlike Rudy, Melo will hit his shots. He gives you a guy that nobody on the other team can stop and you are going to surround him with the a top 10 defensive team. Finally a guy that can close a game. I think he fits really well with Toronto actually.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                              I can't think of any basketball reasons why Bosh wouldn't be great on our team. Bosh-JV could dovetail really nicely. But from a financial standpoint I don't know how the raptors get it done without sacrificing other parts, and I don't know if the fans would be willing to welcome him back.

However, based on this thread's original title, if it happens he HAS to take number 30, so we can call him C3BO.
                              I can think of a few reasons:

He's soft
                              He doesn't play in the post anymore
                              He takes too many jump shots
                              He's never been a leader and still isn't
                              Not a good defender

*We just shed this reputation of being a soft team, so I'd hate to have a guy notorious for being a push over back to the team.

Comment

NO
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X