Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Thank you people forget that Bosh is a top 5 player at his position. A great locker room guy.
    24 PTS 1O.8 Rebs 2.4 AST 1.O Blk 0.6 Stl .510 FG .364 3FG last season with raps. I believe they went 40-42 that year. Now compare that roster to this one.
    His game would be perfect right now, no question.

Unfortunately, he is not because he has no desire to be here.

I agree with Scraptor: lets move on.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
      Bringing Rupaul back is just ridiculous. Here, he was soft and not at all a franchise player on 2 ways (he's just not talented, and he doesn't want it. guy's got no heart, no balls). He's pretty much Bargs or a rich man's Patterson (at least Patterson competes). I'm really happy that he finally gets exposed to American media to show how overrated he really is and how full of himself he is. He's one of the main reasons I hate the Heat, not really Lebron.

Plus how can you guys ever forgive him??? He not only ditched us, but he said bad things about the city. At least Vince never said anything bad about the our city. I hate this guy more than VC.

BC tried to build around him. He traded for JO to cover for Bosh's softness after he got destroyed by the likes of Mickey Moore and Jason Collins in the playoffs. That 2010 team with Bosh, Bargs, Hedo and rookie Derozan were in the middle of a playoff chase before Bosh sat out after the all-star break. So no thanks. Not paying him $10M just to be play the role of a Steve Novak or be the 3rd Raptor mascot.
      I don't want Bosh here for reasons I already explained: 1/ His style of play does not fit the current system, 2/ He really had issues with lack of media attention.

That being said I have serious umbrage with the idea that BC ever tried to build a team around Bosh. That is patently false. Colangelo NEVER EVER EVER put a real team around Chris. NEVER.

They had a season of Garbo and half a season of Marion. That's a total of 1.5 seasons of an actual Small forward. THEY NEVER HAD A REAL CENTER because the goal was always to move Bargs to the 4. Look at the moves BC made after Bosh left. They were all to bring in players that hid Bargs's flaws. Luckily, one turned out to be DeMar. Also, JO was brought in to help Andrea. As soon as he started playing slightly better they moved him. Seriously. Look at the current bench and look at the players who started with Bosh and tell me with a straight face that Vasquez, PP, Psycho T, don't smash guys like Sonny Weems, Hedo, Bargs -- And those were starters!

By the time JV was drafted, and Lowry was brought in BC was fighting for his job. He hired a coach with a similar reputation as the guy he inexplicably fired (probably to please the board). IF they ever made a real effort to replace Garbo with a veteran SF. IF they ever made an effort to create an actual bench. That Atlantic Championship team could have become something. But it was in BC's interest that it failed. He did not build that team Embry did, and the fool let his ego get in the way of success.
      Seriously. Stop trying to rewrite history.

Comment

Dont sign any big fish before summer 2015.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Protocol -- the customs and regulations dealing with diplomatic formality, precedence, and etiquette.

Prodigal -- wastefully or recklessly extravagant

Seriously. This isn't their vs there vs they're.

Also, Bosh is not coming back. When he was in Toronto they made zero effort to surround him with a team. BC had his own agenda. And now the team is Lowry's (if he wants it) and DeMar's. no way he leaves Miami to be the 3rd banana on another team. It's over. Blame BC and move on. Nothing to see here.
          The blip about zero effort to surround him, you couldn't be more wrong. Colangelo took great efforts and the problem was that he couldn't get results. He ended up botching picks such as Mago. He pulled off stupid risky trades like Jermaine O'Neal. He also made stupid excessive signings like Hedon't and Nicki Minaj; yeah I know Hedon't was a S&T, same thing.

Poor performance does not always equal poor effort. I believe he tried very hard and so effort was not the problem.

As for Bosh, no thanks. No hard feelings but he acted pretty goofy right around when he decided to leave. I know he has rings but that's due to riding the coatails of two of the greatest players of this era. He won't have that here. He would have to lead here and he's not a good leader.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Would Bosh even consider coming back to Canada? I mean, have we solved our nation's cable problems yet?

No thank you.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
              if we are gonna put our eggs into the PF basket it should be for someone that actually fits our team as a young stud thats coming into their prime like the rest of our team. i.e Greg Monroe! K.Love & Bosh is not realistic at all.
              Kevin Love is 25 going on 26 ie. entering his prime. Top 3 PF in the game I don't think anyone would argue against acquiring him if the price is right. I see your point, however, as Monroe would come much cheaper and still help this team a great deal now and down the road. I'm on board with either!

Comment

I don't like how Monroe - Jonas would fit right now. Also, Monroe is tricky to get, you would have to trade with Detroit and more than likely give up a lot. So he's not necessarily cheaper, even if his salary would be smaller. I'd definitely rather take Bosh if he was available. And if not, I'd look at Millsap next.
                Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Jun 14, 2014, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Not a fan of Monroe. Plays very little defence. And not worth what he'll get paid.
                  twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

If LeBron leaves Miami, and Bosh doesn't want to return because of that, should we sign him? Pretty sure it might help getting Durant in 2016 (if he keeps his level of play high, + if salary works out)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                      Does anyone have proof that Bosh is a ball stopper?

Also if you sign him to a 4 year deal. It expires in time to bring back the real son. Andrew Wiggins.

Lowry and DeMar want to win! The East should be better next year. This move makes the raptors legit contender.

You guys do understand that Bosh is a hall Famer right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Love how a guy is looking for proof of one thing, while making an opinion based claim calling Bosh a hall of famer and the Raptors a contender with him. You can't ask for proof about something when you can't prove your counter-argument.
                      There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                        Love how a guy is looking for proof of one thing, while making an opinion based claim calling Bosh a hall of famer and the Raptors a contender with him. You can't ask for proof about something when you can't prove your counter-argument.
                        So no proof? K

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Masai time to bring back the prodigal son

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Everything is going as planned

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
                              Bosh is going to be a Hall of Famer. 9 all stars, 2 championships, 4 finals. Every past player with a similar profile is in the Hall of Fame. And he's not done yet, by the time he retires he will very likely cross 20k career points mark. Every player who crosses it is in the Hall as well, except Tom Chambers and Antawn Jamison, who barely crossed it and had much worse careers than Bosh.

And the Raptors won close to 50 games without Bosh. Some players might be less healthy in the future, but some other young players could also improve in the future. It's reasonable to think they would contend with Bosh. It's not the same as saying that they would be a dynasty.

Comment

If we were to bring in Bosh, then that essentially means the Heat have broken up. A stronger Raps squad (assuming everyone else returns) and a weakened or rebuilding Heat team pretty much means the Raps should be East contenders IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X