Poor Nando, Happy Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    They already have Lowry, Derozan, Powell, Joseph, and Wright. It's a 15-man roster, how many guards do they need?

There are bigger fish to fry and better players to scoop up as depth pieces.
    Well, 2 guard spots, 3 deep, that makes 6 guards. You've listed 5. And that's if you assume Powell gets no minutes as backup SF.
    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
      Does De Colo make CoJo expendable? Because CoJo makes $7.3M next year. Package him with Ross and you can get a really good talent via trade or S&T in free agency.
      I don't think so. Unless you have a lot of faith in Wright. And maybe there's a huge deal this summer that Ross and CoJo can make happen, but it better be for a big upgrade - losing CoJo is risky, he made a huge difference this year.
      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
        I don't think so. Unless you have a lot of faith in Wright. And maybe there's a huge deal this summer that Ross and CoJo can make happen, but it better be for a big upgrade - losing CoJo is risky, he made a huge difference this year.
        Agree...CoJo is a valuable member with good pedigree and experience to a championship. He is low maintenance and it is unfortunate he kinda ebbed off at the end there. I wouldnt be surprised if he hit a bit of a wall ...this being his first real "full" season of play.

Comment

Well, 2 guard spots, 3 deep, that makes 6 guards. You've listed 5. And that's if you assume Powell gets no minutes as backup SF.
          Well he didn't list Ross, who we honestly have no clue if he'll be around next year. Most assume he's gone, but that hasn't happened yet.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well he didn't list Ross, who we honestly have no clue if he'll be around next year. Most assume he's gone, but that hasn't happened yet.

Yeah, but the Nando discussion was centered on bringing him over as more guard depth if you do trade Ross.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

listen... we trade Joseph/Ross/Wright 4 1st round picks to SAC for Cousins

then we resign De Colo

Starters

Lowry/DeRozan/Carroll/Cousins/Valanciunas

Bench

De Colo/Powell/Lebron James/Patterson/Noguiera

that's a contender right there
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Yeah, but the Nando discussion was centered on bringing him over as more guard depth if you do trade Ross.
                I don't really think Nando brings enough that I'd want him getting minutes over Powell or Wright. I think Wright offers more as someone who can handle point duties. He played with more control than I ever saw from Nando in his first NBA stint. And if Powell can keep improving his shot, he's a great two way, high energy player. His D, complementary offence and excellent transition game make him a great fit on our team.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  listen... we trade Joseph/Ross/Wright 4 1st round picks to SAC for Cousins

then we resign De Colo

Starters

Lowry/DeRozan/Carroll/Cousins/Valanciunas

Bench

De Colo/Powell/Lebron James/Patterson/Noguiera

that's a contender right there
                  I see what you did there.
                  twitter.com/anthonysmdoyle

Comment

Nando likely won't come back to the NBA as a 3rd stringer or just as a depth guard. He made that pretty clear in interviews since he left. It's at least primary backup guard or stay in Europe.

Comment

Nothing earth moving but here is a snippet on De Colo from Europe....

http://www.eurohoops.net/euroleague/...its-his-choice

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                        Nando likely won't come back to the NBA as a 3rd stringer or just as a depth guard. He made that pretty clear in interviews since he left. It's at least primary backup guard or stay in Europe.
                        Yeah, sure, hence him replacing Ross in the rotation. I don't think keeping Ross and bringing him over is likely unless we make a surprise move where CoJo is gone or something.
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Trade Ross to keep Biz, bring over Nando. Sounds like no-brainer to me. Everything I've seen from Nando tells me he can thrive in this Pick, dribble-drive and kick offense. He's a rich-man's Vasquez.

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                            Best reason to sign up Nando.

De Colo
                            Delon
                            DeMar DeRozan
                            DeMarre
                            Durant

Close enough.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              I don't really think Nando brings enough that I'd want him getting minutes over Powell or Wright. I think Wright offers more as someone who can handle point duties. He played with more control than I ever saw from Nando in his first NBA stint. And if Powell can keep improving his shot, he's a great two way, high energy player. His D, complementary offence and excellent transition game make him a great fit on our team.

So you think the Euroleague is a joke, which is patently ridiculous to me but to each their own.

Objectively, De Colo is playing in the 2nd best league on the planet and was the regular season MVP, the final 4 MVP, and won the championship. I don't know what else he could do to prove to you that he's better than our fucking rookies, but he clearly is, and by a very large margin. I have no doubt he's better than every guard on our team outside of Derozan and Lowry but to say he's worse than Powell or Wright is fucking lunacy. It implies the Euroleague is ymca level ball.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                                So you think the Euroleague is a joke, which is patently ridiculous to me but to each their own.

Objectively, De Colo is playing in the 2nd best league on the planet and was the regular season MVP, the final 4 MVP, and won the championship. I don't know what else he could do to prove to you that he's better than our fucking rookies, but he clearly is, and by a very large margin. I have no doubt he's better than every guard on our team outside of Derozan and Lowry but to say he's worse than Powell or Wright is fucking lunacy. It implies the Euroleague is ymca level ball.
                                He's better than Cory? I don't think so. If he was he'd be on an NBA team easily.
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X