Poor Nando, Happy Daye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Saw a tweet from someone in the US basketball media that de Colo and Vesely will be significant options in free agency this summer. Pretty nice that we still have his RFA rights.
    What does that theoretically do for us
    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
      Joseph, De Colo, Wright... Lowry trade bait?

Comment

KeonClark wrote: View Post
        Just one more option to fill in guard depth if some combination of Wright, Ross, etc, are involved in a trade this summer.
        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Can we trade Nando? How does us "owning" him work?

Comment

92TillInfinity wrote: View Post
            Can we trade Nando? How does us "owning" him work?
            No, no sign and trade options. We own his rights, so we can go over the cap to sign him. We also own his RFA rights, so we can match any offer another team makes - ie if he signs with another team we have the right to match that deal and he's signed with us instead.

But because he didn't play in the NBA last year, we can't sign and trade him. We'd have to just sign him, then we can look to trade him starting mid-season.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

That Euroleague second team is a great throwback to a lot of obscure, terrible NBA players.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                That Euroleague second team is a great throwback to a lot of obscure, terrible NBA players.
                I always liked Anthony Randolph. He was a really good 2k pickup lol.

Comment

Nando De Colo anyone?

I've been thinking if we do trade Ross, why can't we bring De Colo back considering he has a tiny cap hold and we could go over the cap to re-sign him after bringing in other guys?

He was a 36% three point shooter in the NBA and has improved in Europe, shooting 46% from the arc in the Euroleague last year on about 4 attempts per game. Can play the 2, 3 and even some spot minutes at the point.

Comment

Gambino wrote: View Post
                    I've been thinking if we do trade Ross, why can't we bring De Colo back considering he has a tiny cap hold and we could go over the cap to re-sign him after bringing in other guys?

He was a 36% three point shooter in the NBA and has improved in Europe, shooting 46% from the arc in the Euroleague last year on about 4 attempts per game. Can play the 2, 3 and even some spot minutes at the point.
                    he might be part of the plans but he creates the same logjam in the back court. ball handling mobile and shooty guards is a casey trait though. personally, i can't see him coming to play for us, renouncing frees up money for nothing and the chicks for free.

can rights be traded in the nba for restricted free agents?

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      he might be part of the plans but he creates the same logjam in the back court. ball handling mobile and shooty guards is a casey trait though. personally, i can't see him coming to play for us, renouncing frees up money for nothing and the chicks for free.

can rights be traded in the nba for restricted free agents?
                      No, rights cannot be traded. The only kind of rights that can be are draft rights.

And he is not eligible for a sign and trade either, as he did not play in the NBA last season.

But if Ross is moved I'd be open to signing him. OP is right that we can move over the cap to do so - we can offer him up to 6M a year or so.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I am entirely on board with signing De Colo and trading Ross

Would allow us to cut down on Lowrys minutes and get him playing just 30 a game
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Anyone concerned about Mando eating into wright's minutes

Comment

If we've got the roster spot, would there be much of a downside to just signing him, bringing him over, and trying to find minutes for him with the intent of trading him mid-season, or using him as depth after we make a mid-season trade? It would depend on his priorities: NBA paycheque and playing for a borderline contender, we can offer. Guaranteed minutes is something we probably can't offer. I could see San Antonio really wanting him back, actually.

I'm still kinda hoping that resigning DeRozan and then trading him for a PF six months down the road might be in the plans, and having Nando on the roster would help in such a situation.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              I am entirely on board with signing De Colo and trading Ross

Would allow us to cut down on Lowrys minutes and get him playing just 30 a game
                              We don't need Nando to do that at all. Cojo and Wright are good enough to get enough minutes to make that a reality.

There is no real place for Nando here. He should stay in Europe or go to an NBA team where he can get a real opportunity.

Comment

Nando's not a point guard guys, he's more of a playmaking wing who can shoot very well. Similar to his countryman Fournier on the Magic.

Comment

Working...
                                X