Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rocwell wrote: View Post
    Me too.. I'm just really worried about Jonas' silly defensive flaws.. if he doesn't show any improvement on his defense, then maybe it's time for Masai to look for trade opportunities? Not saying that we should trade Jonas because of his flaws, but if we can get someone special then why not?

I hope Jonas is working hard. Next season will be very important for his future.
    Disagree, you don't trade promising big men before they've even hit 25. Big men take time to develop.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      anyone else think GV doesn't come back and they roll with De Colo/Williams?
      Nope.
      Myself (March 2014):
      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
        Not reaching at all. Statistically only those 3 were more productive than Kyle (leaving out Rose because he hasn't played for 2 years).
        Using one year as a sample size isn't that great. I've read and seen the advance stats with Lowry and its just absurd how well he did last year. I hope he continues, but at this point I just don't think he's top 5 material.

But again, the sky is the limit for these guys.

Comment

• Just woke up and opened a newspaper, this is the first thing I read.

Great start to the morning
          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
            Using one year as a sample size isn't that great. I've read and seen the advance stats with Lowry and its just absurd how well he did last year. I hope he continues, but at this point I just don't think he's top 5 material.

But again, the sky is the limit for these guys.
            Lowry's numbers last year are not that far off from his numbers the previous 3 seasons. The difference is he was given the keys to the team and was actually on a good team.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              WOOOOOO!!!!!! Thank God I was wrong!!! I am so happy right now! Now time to get PPatt and Vasquez locked up! In Masai I trust. Get it done!
              Amen. We need GV. KL will likely miss some games just due to his style of play.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Amen. We need GV. KL will likely miss some games just due to his style of play.
                Lou Williams will help.
                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                  For those who harbour thoughts we may have overpayed. Kyle looks good in this range. Its the 2014-15 Salary Scale for PG's. Framed against some other deals he looks like a bargooon ! Irving got 18M$ and on any given night Kyle has been his equal or better. Then there is that really bad deal for Deron Williams and equally as bad for Steph Curry. Williams is not value for that money and Curry under bid himself.

Dwyane Wade $20,164,000
                  Chris Paul $20,068,563
                  Deron Williams $19,754,465
                  Derrick Rose $18,862,876
                  Kyrie Irving $18,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
                  Russell Westbrook $15,719,063
                  John Wall $13,701,250
                  Rajon Rondo $12,909,091
                  KYLE LOWRY $12,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
                  Ty Lawson $11,595,506
                  Tyreke Evans $11,265,416
                  Stephen Curry $10,629,213
                  Jrue Holiday $9,904,495
                  Steve Nash $9,701,000
                  Mike Conley Jr $8,694,216
                  Jeremy Lin $8,374,646
                  Monta Ellis $8,360,000
                  George Hill $8,000,000
                  Jeff Teague $8,000,000
                  Brandon Jennings $8,000,000
                  Goran Dragic $7,500,000
                  Jose Calderon $7,097,191

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz36PWn4MyM
                  http://www.draftexpress.com
                  Put in context KL is not overpaid. We all hope he stays in shape and continues to work hard--I think he will.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                    For those who harbour thoughts we may have overpayed. Kyle looks good in this range. Its the 2014-15 Salary Scale for PG's. Framed against some other deals he looks like a bargooon ! Irving got 18M$ and on any given night Kyle has been his equal or better. Then there is that really bad deal for Deron Williams and equally as bad for Steph Curry. Williams is not value for that money and Curry under bid himself.

Dwyane Wade $20,164,000
                    Chris Paul $20,068,563
                    Deron Williams $19,754,465
                    Derrick Rose $18,862,876
                    Kyrie Irving $18,000,000 <=== NEW DEAL
                    Russell Westbrook $15,719,063
                    John Wall $13,701,250
                    Rajon Rondo $12,909,091
                    KYLE LOWRY $12,000,000<=== NEW DEAL
                    Ty Lawson $11,595,506
                    Tyreke Evans $11,265,416
                    Stephen Curry $10,629,213
                    Jrue Holiday $9,904,495
                    Steve Nash $9,701,000
                    Mike Conley Jr $8,694,216
                    Jeremy Lin $8,374,646
                    Monta Ellis $8,360,000
                    George Hill $8,000,000
                    Jeff Teague $8,000,000
                    Brandon Jennings $8,000,000
                    Goran Dragic $7,500,000
                    Jose Calderon $7,097,191

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz36PWn4MyM
                    http://www.draftexpress.com
                    Bolded the PGs that are better than Lowry. Only Curry makes less and that's cause Warriors took advantage of his injury (plus he wasn't an established star when he got his $$$)

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      Lowry's numbers last year are not that far off from his numbers the previous 3 seasons. The difference is he was given the keys to the team and was actually on a good team.
                      Well in some categories. He had a career season in terms of just his basic stats. The advanced stat that I was mainly focused on was his win share (11.7 in 2013 compared to 5.6 in 2012).

Comment

• so word is Indy wants Dragic
                        Suns want project Pat
                        We want Ennis

wonder if there's a way we can work some kind of 3 way trade out. stupid trade machine isn't set up to work yet.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LOL yea he will, that playoff experience this year will only make him unleash his inner kobe (we saw that, been there, done that) you do have a point though

Comment

so word is Indy wants Dragic
                            Suns want project Pat
                            We want Ennis

wonder if there's a way we can work some kind of 3 way trade out. stupid trade machine isn't set up to work yet.
                            With Lowry back, how does Ennis help us? We need Patman before we need Ennis.. no?
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              With Lowry back, how does Ennis help us? We need Patman before we need Ennis.. no?
                              we're not going to be able to offer PP as much money as a lot of teams and we're not going to be able to offer him a starting spot like a few teams. i just can't see PP coming back. It is what it is.

We do need a backup PG and i'd rather have Ennis on his rookie deal than GV at 5 mil (plus?) per
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

so word is Indy wants Dragic
                                Suns want project Pat
                                We want Ennis

I still don't think Pat wants to come back and play the minutes he did.

Comment

Working...
                                X