Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
    Heat as of now have the following on the books (gonna ignore cap holds, because LBJ, Wade, Bosh are gonna sign new deals and the rest will get renounced). Also assuming they don't pick up Justin Hamilton's team option. Birdman already opted out I believe.

Norris Cole: 2.15M
    Shabazz Napier: ~1M
    Roster Charge (10 open spots): 5M

New Cap projected at about 63M. So that leaves the Heat with 55M to spend.

If Wade and Bosh take like a combined 25M starting salary, and LBJ like 20M, that leaves them 10M cap room. I don't think Melo is possible unless they let one of them go, but Lowry certainly is. Although they wouldn't really be able to create a bench.

Overall I'm not really that concerned.
    Yeah they pretty much have to choose between a competent bench or Lowry (If he wants to sign there)
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• How is it that not everybody is freaking out?! Essentially, the perfect storm as happened to take Lowry from Toronto. I'm already getting through the first few stages of grief. I'll let you know how the process is going and to best handle it soon. Am I wrong?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
        How is it that not everybody is freaking out?! Essentially, the perfect storm as happened to take Lowry from Toronto. I'm already getting through the first few stages of grief. I'll let you know how the process is going and to best handle it soon. Am I wrong?
        Too early to freak out about Miami imo. With Lebron handling the ball and Napier in the mix I really think they'd want to add some size. I'm more worried about the Lakers/Mavs.

If Lowry goes to the Heat I may end up hating that team more than I hate Ayn Rand, and that's saying a lot.

Comment

• Wade and Bosh are still going to command more from Miami than they're currently worth. Miami is going to have a hard time building around those three who are still going to be paid like core players, because at this point only one of them actually is a core player. Wade is completely done and Bosh's career has taken a weird evolutionary route that some try to defend with advanced metrics but frankly has left him a shell of his former self and contributing far less than a 9 time all-star should. Miami is screwed regardless, so long as they keep trying to build with those three guys.

If Riley were heartless he would lowball Wade and Bosh. Either they get paid what they're currently worth or they walk. Anything other than that is going to handcuff the Heat to the point where they just can't get a guy like Lowry AND fill out their bench.
          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• If Kyle Lowry leaves, fuck him lol

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              If Kyle Lowry leaves, fuck him lol
              Let's Just boo the shit out of him when raptors heat meet in the east finals next year.

Show that loser what he missed out on if he leaves
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• If Lowry leaves im gonna do this to him

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Heat are out of the Lowry business if this is true.
                  However, those charitable ways seem to be coming to an end. A report from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo Sports cites that James wants a full maximum contract extension (worth up to $130 million) - "or something close to it" - to stay in Miami.
                  http://www.thescore.com/nba/news/529102

Unless there's something I don't know, or understand, the Miami Heat are going WAY over the cap.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                    Heat are out of the Lowry business if this is true.

Unless there's something I don't know, or understand, the Miami Heat are going WAY over the cap.
                    Where do bird rights come into play? Do they apply to all big 3 for the heat? Ie, can they sign whoever they want and then sign the big 3 up to the luxury tax (beyond the salary cap)?

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                      Where do bird rights come into play? Do they apply to all big 3 for the heat? Ie, can they sign whoever they want and then sign the big 3 up to the luxury tax (beyond the salary cap)?
                      They will give up Bird Rights to one two or all three to release cap holds. Heard LeBron wants a max 5/130M so they will retain his rights.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                        Heat are out of the Lowry business if this is true.

but doesn't the larry bird exception come into play here then? that rule where if a player has been on a team for 3+ years, the team has the right to re-sign him without getting penalized for going over the cap? this would also apply to wade and bosh.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...exception.aspx

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          but doesn't the larry bird exception come into play here then? that rule where if a player has been on a team for 3+ years, the team has the right to re-sign him without getting penalized for going over the cap? this would also apply to wade and bosh.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/dictio...exception.aspx
                          You can resign players by going over the cap if they have Bird rights.. but when you enter free agency any potential free agent has a cap hold. The cap hold is an imaginary cap amount that gets added to the team salary to avoid being able to sign someone else and then your own free agent.

Bosh/James/Wade have cap holds that equal about $59M. So their cap holds alone will prevent them from signing someone else. The Heat can renounce cap holds but then the players lose their Bird rights.

The only way for them to get flexible is if Bosh/James/Wade take less money than their cap hold.. such that they have enough to lure other free agents. Riley has a lot of convincing to do.

I suspect Wade to take a lot less than Bosh and James. If Wade takes the $10M "Duncan contract" than I think they can pull it off.

Comment

• Omg. That bird rights/cap hold question has been answered at least ten times in this thread already
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I thought salary cap holds were for a total of 13 slots . Please clarify. Since UD is returning the allocation must be included with Wade, Bosh , Lebron, this totals 48 million plus 3 million for Coles and Napier. That is 51 million plus 3.5 million for slots. This leaves at approx. of 9 million plus the removal of an additional of $.5 per slot being signed filled plus the mini exemption of $2.5 million.
                              IMO Lowry will not be the target, Ramon Sessions 3.3 million as a Pg, Marvin Williams at 4 million and Spencer Hawes type for a salary of 3.5 million.
                              The 2.5 million mini exemption for a Jody Meeks type player. Than resign Ray Allen and Chris Anderson and add Shawn Marion for the vets minimum.

Comment

• Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                                I thought salary cap holds were for a total of 13 slots . Please clarify. Since UD is returning the allocation must be included with Wade, Bosh , Lebron, this totals 48 million plus 3 million for Coles and Napier. That is 51 million plus 3.5 million for slots. This leaves at approx. of 9 million plus the removal of an additional of $.5 per slot being signed filled plus the mini exemption of $2.5 million.
                                IMO Lowry will not be the target, Ramon Sessions 3.3 million as a Pg, Marvin Williams at 4 million and Spencer Hawes type for a salary of 3.5 million.
                                The 2.5 million mini exemption for a Jody Meeks type player. Than resign Ray Allen and Chris Anderson and add Shawn Marion for the vets minimum.
                                There is no way that Wade and Bosh opt out of $41mm+ of guaranteed money to sign Sessions and Marvin and Hawes.

I think they're hunting bigger elephants.

Comment

Working...
                                X