Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Am I the only one who has flashbacks to Mike James with the Raps when watching Thomas play? Something about his game really does not impress me.
    Yeah I'd pass as well.

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
      If he leaves ill cry a lot
      If he leaves I have to seriously reconsider my obsessive need to follow this team. I will get drunk, vow never to return, and see all of you in again in October.

Comment

Sign Bledsoe for Max
        Nevermind what haters say,
        ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

if Lowry walks i really don't want GV running the team
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            If Lowry goes, I'm calling Phoenix immediately to see what is happening with Dragic and Bledsoe.
            Yeah pretty much this. If you can get one of those guys, then go ahead. Both are as good as if not better than Lowry and the same age or younger in Bledsoe's case.

If not, probably shipping out DD and Amir for maximal return and then starting a tank-a-thon is your best bet.

Comment

If Lowry goes, I think it is best to completely scrap our back court and start new. I would look to find perimeter players who are able to shoot and get to the rim/handle. I would look to trade DeRozan, let Vasquez walk, and resign De Colo. Ross should be kept at least one more season to see how his body is able to adjust to playing more SF.

To start I would make a move to get Stauskas, probably with Charlotte's #9 + whatever we can grease from them.

For point guard replacement I hope Ennis falls to #20 (which is where DX has him currently). If not I would trade up to get him. Stability at the point guard is important when rebuilding a team.

We run with a lineup that is 6'2", 6'6" and 6'7", which is bigger than what we ran this season, however some may view SF as an issue, it all depends on how strong Ross gets. I think Ross will be perfectly capable of playing SF in this league as he fills out.

Amir will be a Raptor for life because of him value off the court (as well as on it). Patterson is a question mark. If required to move up in the draft i would dangle his RFA contract QO.

Novak, Hayes and Fields are kept to expire. Keep future cap space open as having 4 rookie scale contracts will get pricey quickly.

Lineup for foreseeable future:

Ennis/De Colo
              Stauskas
              Ross
              Amir
              Valanciunas

Continue to build on that with next year's pick (hopefully 7-8th seed, playoff goal important). PF position is strong in next year's draft. There are also a couple of good wings to build depth. Team needs 1 wing off the bench and 1 post who is able to play some PF and some C. Fill bench with hard workers with little 'talent'. Do not pay a lot of money for roster spots 10 through 15

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
              If Lowry goes, I'm calling Phoenix immediately to see what is happening with Dragic and Bledsoe.
              hmmm....

I would also call Cleveland about Bennett

planetmars wrote: View Post
              If Lowry leaves, I think MU rides it out.
              Personally I don't think so. We would end up in no mans land if he does nothing with Lowry leaving. If Lowry walks we could see warlord Ujiri go HAM on this roster.

Comment

Take Payton in the draft (need to do this regardless if he's available). Re-sign GV so we still have a relatively starting-quality PG. Trade DeMar immediately (value isn't going to get much higher barring significant improvement). Trade Amir if necessary.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                  If Lowry goes, I think it is best to completely scrap our back court and start new. I would look to find perimeter players who are able to shoot and get to the rim/handle. I would look to trade DeRozan, let Vasquez walk, and resign De Colo. Ross should be kept at least one more season to see how his body is able to adjust to playing more SF.

To start I would make a move to get Stauskas, probably with Charlotte's #9 + whatever we can grease from them.

For point guard replacement I hope Ennis falls to #20 (which is where DX has him currently). If not I would trade up to get him. Stability at the point guard is important when rebuilding a team.

We run with a lineup that is 6'2", 6'6" and 6'7", which is bigger than what we ran this season, however some may view SF as an issue, it all depends on how strong Ross gets. I think Ross will be perfectly capable of playing SF in this league as he fills out.

Amir will be a Raptor for life because of him value off the court (as well as on it). Patterson is a question mark. If required to move up in the draft i would dangle his RFA contract QO.

Novak, Hayes and Fields are kept to expire. Keep future cap space open as having 4 rookie scale contracts will get pricey quickly.

Ennis/De Colo
                  Stauskas
                  Ross
                  Amir
                  Valanciunas

Continue to build on that with next year's pick (hopefully 7-8th seed, playoff goal important). PF position is strong in next year's draft. There are also a couple of good wings to build depth. Team needs 1 wing off the bench and 1 post who is able to play some PF and some C. Fill bench with hard workers with little 'talent'. Do not pay a lot of money for roster spots 10 through 15

hmmm....

Personally I don't think so. We would end up in no mans land if he does nothing with Lowry leaving. If Lowry walks we could see warlord Ujiri go HAM on this roster.
                  I'd actually be very ok with this. Although I'd definitely consider Harris ahead of Stauskas, since that guy can defend.

I'd also consider offering Hayward some kind of contract, but I'd be wary of overpaying.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post

Ennis/De Colo
                      Stauskas
                      Ross
                      Amir
                      Valanciunas

hmmm....

Not a fan of targeting specific positions in the draft at all. If we lose Lowry and trade DeMar that means we're going into full rebuild mode. Being in a rebuild means you draft the best talent regardless of position, so targeting replacements at PG and SG doesn't seem smart to me.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post

I don't understand exactly what this means lol who said what?
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Burn it to the ground. Keep Ross and JV. Everyone else can go for the right (or even right-ish) price.
                          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Why does it seem like every year there are so many fans that are down for a complete rebuild??

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              I'd actually be very ok with this. Although I'd definitely consider Harris ahead of Stauskas, since that guy can defend.

I'd also consider offering Hayward some kind of contract, but I'd be wary of overpaying.
                              I thought about Hayward but he wasn't able to handle high usage this season and that is a concern for me for the role he would be in.

The Harris vs Stauskas is a tough one. Harris is a better defender, but Stauskas is an INCREDIBLE shooter and a much better ball handler and playmaker than Harris. I decided that the team needs 2 ball handlers who can create/distribute at a high level over defensive capabilities. Hence the Stauskas pick.

I think it is a pretty good plan for the Raps.

Comment

keefec wrote: View Post
                                Why does it seem like every year there are so many fans that are down for a complete rebuild??
                                Because every year we don't do one, so the fundamental reasons to do one are still there the next year?
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X