Report: Lowry re-signs @ 4yr/$48M w/ETO after 3rd year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fully wrote: View Post
    If the reports are true that it would take 5 years/$60 million for Lowry then I think the Raptors are smart to walk.
    And do what? Can't keep taking one step forward and two backwards all the time. People are way to worried about a few million extra each year.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      And do what? Can't keep taking one step forward and two backwards all the time. People are way to worried about a few million extra each year.
      I agree and I want Lowry back. The Raptors should offer 4@48 even 4@50 and walk away. That's a great deal nobody offers the money and support structure.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
        Miami isn't close. Houston might make him an absurd offer then try to get Dragic next season. It'll be the same situation he was in his first turn. Then they'll need to dump him like Lin and Asik.
        If they get a max free agent like they are trying to or resign Parsons and a guy like Lowry then they are going to be out of the big name free agent game next year.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
          You don't want to take extra steps forward only to slam in to a brick wall either.

I could see a 5th year as a team option with $2M guaranteed as a good deal for both sides.

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            If they get a max free agent like they are trying to or resign Parsons and a guy like Lowry then they are going to be out of the big name free agent game next year.
            That was what everybody thought with Lin/Asik. Morey said he grabs the FA then worries about the consequences later. If they offer 14-15M Lowry is gone but then everybody loses.

Comment

That was what everybody thought with Lin/Asik. Morey said he grabs the FA then worries about the consequences later. If they offer 14-15M Lowry is gone but then everybody loses.
              Oh sorry.

I misinterpreted what you typed.

I see what you're saying now.

Yeah. If I was Lowry I'd be very weary of dealing with Houston again. However we don't know all the details and Lowry might take a lot of the blame for the situation.

Comment

• http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/prime-ti...gos-deal-dead/

Comment

• This is from yesterday. Don't take it as gospel.

Comment

• Damn, Argos deal is dead. There goes Canada Day.

Comment

Damn, Argos deal is dead.
                      so what...

who the hell would pay $10M cash + $3m a year for the argos...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                        so what...

who the hell would pay $10M cash + $3m a year for the argos...
                        Raptors have an MLE and cap space. They should get a CFL team.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                          Not a big Lin fan (who is) but I LOVE Terrence Jones, would be so happy to have him on the Raps.
                          Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I'm not a Lin fan either, but it nets us a future starting PF in that scenario

Comment

• Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
                              Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad. I'm not a Lin fan either, but it nets us a future starting PF in that scenario
                              We can't keep taking 2 players every time we lose one.

Comment

• Lowry and Hans for Lin and Jones... that was my initial proposal.

Comment

Working...
                                X