Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    No to Boozer!
    Consider that it would be only for a year of Boozer and MLSE has the pockets for this one time charge. Two things we get for this are:

If we take this albatross of a salary we should go in with a position of; the 16th this year, the next available first the Bulls have beyond this year, and one of Tony Snell coming in or Bulls stashed Euro. It is a trade in conference and it has to work for us too as we are knowingly facilitating Melo moving into chi-town.

If this move actually comes about beyond the message board theses we also get a look to see if a low post presence PF works in our schemes as Millsap will be on the FA radar in 2015. In 2015 we will have the money to pay for him.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

What about Boozer, the 16th and future first (lottery protected) for Novak, Hansbrough, Salmons and 20th?

Comment

did anyone actually watch Novak this year? i'm not sure how he has a nba career tbh.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

a chi trade i think would be reasonable is salmons for taj, with swapping our 20th for their 2 first rounders.

they get salmons who clears a ton of cap room and can amnesty boozer. they also only have to sign one first rounder, thus less money. gives them the $$$ to sign melo.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            a chi trade i think would be reasonable is salmons for taj, with swapping our 20th for their 2 first rounders.

they get salmons who clears a ton of cap room and can amnesty boozer. they also only have to sign one first rounder, thus less money. gives them the $$$ to sign melo.
            Chicago would need a PF, we'll throw in TH just for good karma. If we land Taj, that changes everything! As much as I like ppat he becomes redundant, amir can come off the bench.

Lowry/livingston/ennis
            DD/fields/#37
            TR/landry/novak
            Taj/amir/Novak?
            Jv/hayes/#59
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Chicago would need a PF, we'll throw in TH just for good karma. If we land Taj, that changes everything! As much as I like ppat he becomes redundant, amir can come off the bench.

Lowry/livingston/ennis
              DD/fields/#37
              TR/landry/novak
              Taj/amir/Novak?
              Jv/hayes/#59
              They would only do a Taj-Salmons type trade to clear cap space (for Carmelo). So it wouldn't make sense to take on Hansbrough and keep him. Also, they could find Hansbrough level backups in free agency after they sign Melo.

I think Taj-Salmons is a cool idea, if Carmelo decides to sign for the Bulls.

That said, I don't see them actually giving 2 first picks to unload Taj. More likely they'd expect some asset. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the league. There will be teams willing to absorb his contract.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                They would only do a Taj-Salmons type trade to clear cap space (for Carmelo). So it wouldn't make sense to take on Hansbrough and keep him. Also, they could find Hansbrough level backups in free agency after they sign Melo.

I think Taj-Salmons is a cool idea, if Carmelo decides to sign for the Bulls.

That said, I don't see them actually giving 2 first picks to unload Taj. More likely they'd expect some asset. Taj is arguably the best defensive PF in the league. There will be teams willing to absorb his contract.
                I believe you are correct. IFF Melo is on Bulls radar, Taj for Salmons (maybe we add a 2nd rounder) would work.
                Another possibility: Bulls feel (if Melo in picture) that they can trade Taj for a draft & no salary coming back. Dunleavy for Salmons might then be a possibility.
                Why does this appeal to me more? IMO we need Dunleavy (a solid shooter off the bench) more than another 4.
                Thoughts?

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                  I believe you are correct. IFF Melo is on Bulls radar, Taj for Salmons (maybe we add a 2nd rounder) would work.
                  Another possibility: Bulls feel (if Melo in picture) that they can trade Taj for a draft & no salary coming back. Dunleavy for Salmons might then be a possibility.
                  Why does this appeal to me more? IMO we need Dunleavy (a solid shooter off the bench) more than another 4.
                  Thoughts?
                  Taj>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>dunleavy
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've changed my mind re Gibson-Salmons, I brain farted there. There's no way they move Gibson without getting a commitment from Melo, and Salmons would be cut by that time. Also, looking at their salary right now, it's kind of tough for them to offer Melo max. If they keep their picks, they have to amnesty Boozer and then trade Taj and Dunleavy with no salary coming back to get into that range.

Still, Taj and Dunleavy are both interesting targets in July. Not for Salmons, but for pure cap space.

Comment

Working...
                    X