No announcement yet.

Okafor as back-up C?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rather go after Jordan Hill, who's less injury prone. I don't mind either, but they should be cheap.

But if we draft the Canadian guy who looks like Aaron Grey, or any other 7ft (excluding Sim Bhullar), we don't need either. Chuck Hayes would be the perfect mentor for the rookie.

Comment

Okafor doesn't change much on the Raptors
      We have Big V, Johnson who are good on defense, and 2Pat who is no slouch either.
      What killed us in the playoffs was the wing defense on bigger wing players like Joe Johnson.
      Take the MLE and sign someone like Marvin Williams.

Keep the existing parts, draft or sign a backup big man to do the dirty work like cole aldrich.
      That will make things interesting.

Comment

^ Take that fourth sentence out, and I'd agree
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Okafor would be a great addition to the team. He'll make a solid back up at both Centre and PF and he can start when starters are injured. Two things that would make his acquisition very difficult are a) he might not be willing to play back up and b) he might command a salary that Raps. may not be able to afford.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Chris Kaman is another solid option
            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
              Chris Kaman is another solid option
              I can't stand Chris Kaman. He's a mopey fat bastard who only plays offence, and complains about his role on every team he's on. Well maybe if you weren't a fat, lazy, whiny son of a bitch and actually got into shape you could get a starting spot back...

I see no positive to getting Chris Kaman. The fact that he can score a bit in the post doesn't offset how unimpressive he is at other things, or the possible negative impact he could have on team chemistry with his complaining.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I can't stand Chris Kaman. He's a mopey fat bastard who only plays offence, and complains about his role on every team he's on. Well maybe if you weren't a fat, lazy, whiny son of a bitch and actually got into shape you could get a starting spot back...

I see no positive to getting Chris Kaman. The fact that he can score a bit in the post doesn't offset how unimpressive he is at other things, or the possible negative impact he could have on team chemistry with his complaining.
                forgot he is bald

Comment

Working...
                X