Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are the Raptors changing their uniforms this summer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Since 1995, that's debatable but not worth arguing

The bottom line is that all of Toronto's teams have stunk for a very long time. As such, the Raptors should be doing everything in their power to break away from that pack. Rebranding to blue and white would be the opposite maneuver.
    Now I see what you did there
    "Bruno?
    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
      At least that's how I feel.
      You're morally obligated to defend your avatar

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        I actually agree, it's not that being different isn't cool, it's just that having that type of uniformity across the city would be nice. The blue and white would be Toronto's colors, rather than just red being the Raptors colors.

On that front it's a little like every player on a team wearing the same jersey, it's just nice, uniform and begins to represent something.

At least that's how I feel.
        I was being sarcastic lol I don't want white and blue

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          I was being sarcastic lol I don't want white and blue

I know, I caught on to that, should have been more clear, I meant I was agreeing with the guy who said he did. And I'm not sure that being different is inherently a good thing, like with team mates that wear the same jerseys.

I don't think it's that far of a stretch to say that the blue and white could start to mean something to Toronto as a city
          "Bruno?
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

A lot of people outside of Toronto don't want to cheer for blue and white.
            the Raptors are Canada's only basketball team, it's not only Toronto's team and Toronto's colors are blue and white, I think outsiders find it easier to root for a team with Canada's colors.

Last edited by Mr.Z; Fri Jun 20, 2014, 02:55 PM.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

I hate the idea of making the Raps another blue and white team. Variety is nice. These teams are not one entity and are not dependent on each other for anything. They are separate products in the sports market and should present themselves that way.

I mean, does any major sports city use the same colours for all their teams? I'm having a very hard time thinking of one.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I hate the idea of making the Raps another blue and white team. Variety is nice. These teams are not one entity and are not dependent on each other for anything. They are separate products in the sports market and should present themselves that way.

I mean, does any major sports city use the same colours for all their teams? I'm having a very hard time thinking of one.
                Also, the Raptors have always had a bit of a push to brand themselves as "Canada's team." As one of the 37 Raptors fans who live outside of the GTA, I'd like to remind you that Raptors brass wants us to buy jerseys too.
                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

S.R. wrote: View Post
                  Also, the Raptors have always had a bit of a push to brand themselves as "Canada's team." As one of the 37 Raptors fans who live outside of the GTA, I'd like to remind you that Raptors brass wants us to buy jerseys too.
                  Well I'm also not a fan of red, but mostly because of how common it is in general in the NBA. Don't think red is at all necessary to be "Canada's team".

I kind of liked the 2nd generation jerseys right after they ditched the pinstripes but kept the same colours. I don't care if they go back to those colours, but I wouldn't mind a change while staying away from blue and white. No colours they wear can really harm the constant campaign as "Canada's team", except actually blue and white.

Comment

NY Rangers, and NY Giants...and maybe the Mets (although Mets use orange instead of red).

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      NY Rangers, and NY Giants...and maybe the Mets (although Mets use orange instead of red).
                      Yeah, the most I could think of was maybe 2 teams in a city.

Comment

Yeah, the most I could think of was maybe 2 teams in a city.
                        Pittsburgh pirates, steelers and penguins. There was also a song written about them.

Atlanta Hawks, Falcons, Braves

I think the pittsburgh example is one where it works really well.
                        "Bruno?
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

The huskies sounds like the most infuriatingly weak name since the pelicans
                          I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

You know it's the off season when a thread like this pops up.

Personally I have no problem with blue. If they want to look like the Leafs/Blue Jays/Argos that's cool with me. Blue and Toronto seem to just go hand in hand. Probably the Leaf's fault but it is what it is.

But I'm too old to buy a jersey anyway.. and its really all about marketing. I think a Raptor jersey looking like a Leaf jersey would sell more than one that looked completely different. So if it was about making money go for blue. If it's about looks than it doesn't really matter as long as it looks different from other teams and it doesn't look too tacky. The black and gold rumours that came out before the season started seemed cool.

Comment

TrossTheBOSS wrote: View Post
                              Agreed please no blue and white leafs got same colour we need to be unique and not copy and huskies and timberwolves are pretty similar would be hard to come up with a design that isn't identical to minny
                              Not really. Just draw something that isn't the timberwolves logo and presto! You have a design that isn't identical to minnys
                              A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Well I'm also not a fan of red, but mostly because of how common it is in general in the NBA. Don't think red is at all necessary to be "Canada's team".

I kind of liked the 2nd generation jerseys right after they ditched the pinstripes but kept the same colours. I don't care if they go back to those colours, but I wouldn't mind a change while staying away from blue and white. No colours they wear can really harm the constant campaign as "Canada's team", except actually blue and white.
                                I agree - an update on the second generation purple jerseys would be best. The first jersey's jagged pinstripes are unredeemable, although the cartoon logo is gaining some retro/vintage credibility.

Like it or not this franchise is nearly 20 years old, and I agree that purple is more "Raptors" than red. Work with that instead of looking to start from scratch again.
                                "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Working...
                                X