Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Are the Raptors ideal trade partners?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A g state trade just came into my head

Trade 2pat and 37th pick for Harrison Barnes

Kinda just a ballpark trade.

Why g state does it: they get their young stretch 4 if kev love trade doesn't happen and they get lpretty much a first round pick in a deep draft. They get rid of Barnes regressed playing behind iggy

Why Toronto does it: they get a sf with size who they were high on during the draft. Plus they keep ross

In this trade ross or Barnes would be moved to the bench but you could trade ross for something I don't really know.

Lowry/Vasquez/un drafted rook
    Derozan/ross/fields
    Barnes/ross/Novak
    Amir/rook/free agent
    Valanciunis/rook/Hayes

That looks pretty solid
    Last edited by yabadabayolo; Sun Jun 22, 2014, 09:52 AM.
    I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      A g state trade just came into my head

Trade 2pat and 37th pick for Harrison Barnes

Kinda just a ballpark trade.

Why g state does it: they get their young stretch 4 if kev love trade doesn't happen and they get lpretty much a first round pick in a deep draft. They get rid of Barnes regressed playing behind iggy

Why Toronto does it: they get a sf with size who they were high on during the draft. Plus they keep ross

In this trade ross or Barnes would be moved to the bench but you could trade ross for something I don't really know.

Lowry/Vasquez/un drafted rook
      Derozan/ross/fields
      Barnes/ross/Novak
      Amir/rook/free agent
      Valanciunis/rook/Hayes

That looks pretty solid
      Trade's not bad. Both sides get a fair deal, with GS selling potential and Raptors buying. GS has a higher probability in staying competitive while Barnes gets a second chance to start.

We'd need a decent 3rd big man though, since Amir could use a lot of rest this season, so we'd have to sign someone compliment JV, preferably a defensive guy.

Comment

Than just sign Jordan Hill and trade salmons+ Hansborough for Prince + Memphis 1st , so that Memphis can resign Randolph.

Rather have Hill and sign Francisco Garcia+Prince +Vasquez + PP- 22 million, better Bench than today. Than you have Novak + Hayes + fields and first round picks- 18.5 million. Starting 5 - KL,DD,TRoss, Amir and JV- 42 million for a total 72.5 million. So it works.

Next year 19.9 million falls off the books.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
          The Raptors are primed to trade with any team looking to create cap space and willing to give up players on rookie contracts and picks to do it.
          Or any team looking to get Melo: Houston, Chicago

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            The Raptors are primed to trade with any team looking to create cap space and willing to give up players on rookie contracts and picks to do it.
            Chicago - Taj Gibson

Houston - Chandler Parsons

Carmelo, please do us a solid
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Salmons + Hansborough+ Novak+ Stone= Boozer + 16 th pick. If Chicago goes after Anthony , this saves Chicago 13.5 million. Toronto could trade into the Lottery. Raptors will be up against the luxury tax. Prefer deals for Prince or Perkins or even Chandler for the above.
              2015 raptors clear 35 million dollars from cap.

Comment

Heatdreamer wrote: View Post
                Salmons + Hansborough+ Novak+ Stone= Boozer + 16 th pick. If Chicago goes after Anthony , this saves Chicago 13.5 million. Toronto could trade into the Lottery. Raptors will be up against the luxury tax. Prefer deals for Prince or Perkins or even Chandler for the above.
                Can't Chicago just waive Boozer? Draft Adreian Payne as their starting 4 and trade Taj to us for parts?
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I would happily trade Boozer for Salmons and pieces to get one or both picks. But I don't think MU would want to help create a super team in his own conference. If he is helping a team get Carmelo I think it would be Houston.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Can't Chicago just waive Boozer? Draft Adreian Payne as their starting 4 and trade Taj to us for parts?
                    They can amnesty him.. but they would have to still pay his salary and the Bulls owner is one of the cheapest in the league.

Comment

The Kings seem to be a interesting partner. Considering we've made a big trade with them in the past and they're shopping the 8th pick that an option. We don't really have any assets that I think they would consider though that we'd be willing to give up.

Comment

Asik+Parsons chandler - for salmons + hansborough + Novak. Asik is your starting PF with JV and moves to center when PP or Amir enters the game . Chandler Parsons costs you about 4/32 million on a sign and trade.

KL, DD, chandler , Asik , JV - 38.5 million
                        GV, TRoss, 1st round Pick, Amir , PP- 18 million
                        Fields, Hayes , deColo &2 second round picks + Camby attribution-15.6 million - 72 million.

Comment

Interesting logic,when u think about it,it does make sense for both teams.
                          However if u clear that much money who will be free agent next year,not a lot of great free agents available next year,this year u got a lot of amazing free agets. Lebron,Melo,D wade(Melo has already notified knicks that he will opt out)
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Asik+Parsons chandler - for salmons + hansborough + Novak. Asik is your starting PF with JV and moves to center when PP or Amir enters the game . Chandler Parsons costs you about 4/32 million on a sign and trade.

KL, DD, chandler , Asik , JV - 38.5 million
                            GV, TRoss, 1st round Pick, Amir , PP- 18 million
                            Fields, Hayes , deColo &2 second round picks + Camby attribution-15.6 million - 72 million.
                            Forgetting the fact the trade does not work, why are Houston trading Chandler?

Comment

Using the Gay trade exception Chicago can also throw Dunleavy into that same trade... Of course that would require future 1st rounders.

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I would happily trade Boozer for Salmons and pieces to get one or both picks. But I don't think MU would want to help create a super team in his own conference. If he is helping a team get Carmelo I think it would be Houston.
                              I disagree for two reasons.

1) Rose+Melo isn't a super team. Especially with Rose injury history.

2) The Raps timeline for serious contention doesn't start for another few years. Melo is 30... Four years from now all of Toronto's core players (Derozan, Amir, Ross, JV) will be in their prime. You make the trade thinking 3-4 years down the line not next season.

IF Masai can weasel a couple first rounders out of Chicago then it's definitely worth doing. Toronto would then have tons of cap space and young assets...
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

One thing we absolutely have to do is make sure the 2015-2016 denver nuggets are bad. If Melo leaves, New York probably needs to think about going into rebuild mode.

In the 2016 Draft, Nuggets have the 1st right to swap picks with the Knicks, and the Raps have the second right

So we get the higher (worse) draft pick between those two teams (as long as it's better than our own, if it's not we just keep our pick and don't swap).

As far as I can tell, there aren't any protections, so hopefully both are lottery teams. I could easily see us walking away with a top 10 pick, depending on what happens in Denver.

Also, I think it's worth mentioning that having the option to swap picks is often better than just getting picks straight up. It seems like most picks traded straight up have protections on them, with more and more being top 10 protected. The right to swap, gets around those protections and allows a good team to draft in the lottery.

EDIT: This is definitely a trend worth keeping an eye on, it was only 3-4 years ago when people still traded 1st rounders without protections, 2-3 years ago it was only top 3 protected. Now it seems like all first rounders are either 10-14 protected, which lowers significantly the odds of getting an impact player.
                                Last edited by ezz_bee; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 06:41 AM.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X