No announcement yet.

Lakers 7th pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're not going to trade up unless we make a deal with Phoenix or Chicago.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

We have Jonas, no need for Embiid. Too bad for his footwork, at the best case scenario, he may become the next Joe Smith, worst case scenario, Greg Oden, so no thanks.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
        We have Jonas, no need for Embiid. Too bad for his footwork, at the best case scenario, he may become the next Joe Smith, worst case scenario, Greg Oden, so no thanks.

Agreed.
        U are risking a lot for his services.

As for the topic, Lakers probably would ask Demar for number #7,no thanks.
        Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Mon Jun 23, 2014, 01:02 AM.
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

I'd give up DeMar for the number 7*

*if Lowry doesn't resign
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

*if Lowry doesn't resign
            I don't get this. He's finally turning into the player he was thought to become by some, if not exceeding those expectations. Do you really wanna wait 3-4 years for this pick to develop into an all-star again? Unless Exum is still there(if Lowry leaves), I wouldn't think about doing this.

*Edit: Sorry, we won't know if Lowry is gone at this point so no way.

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
              Best case Hakeem, worst case Oden.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post

*if Lowry doesn't resign
                That's nice, and also meaningless because we won't know if Lowry is re-signing or not until well after the draft.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  I don't see the Lakers doing that trade, they're giving up a potential star for 3 role players pretty much.
                  There is potential for any pick to become a star...but chances are a 7th pick will become a good starter for many years. So they are giving up a good starter (Amir), a back-up PG, and a 20th pick (potential star???). However, I would not do the deal. Amir provides great value for the money, and I love the way he plays.

I do however, think Randle will end up being the 'steal' of the draft if he drops out of the top 5. Good player, NBA ready, and good head on his shoulders. May not become a star, but will have a very productive NBA career. I would trade Ross, Vasquez and 20th pick if we could get Randle.

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                    I don't see the Lakers doing that trade, they're giving up a potential star for 3 role players pretty much.
                    They essentially have been trying to work a deal of Klay Thompson for the #7. That right there tells you how they value the pick.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      They essentially have been trying to work a deal of Klay Thompkins for the #7. That right there tells you how they value the pick.

Wow, hopefully this Klay Thompkins guy is good!

Comment

Oh the pitfalls of using a "smart" phone.

You know what I meant there guy.

Comment

We don't need to give up a core piece to land the Lakers #7 pick ... we just need to take Nash.

They would happily dump the #7 pick to free up another $10M to go hunting for a roster next season. That would leave TWO players: Kobe and our Canadian boy Sacre on the Lakers roster ... go try to buy 'Melo and sell him on having input to help with roster decisions.

A trade of Salmons, maybe Ty, maybe #20 ... take back Nash - but retain the ability to go over the cap to re-sign your own players like Kyle, 2Pat and G, if desired ... I don't picture Nash having much (if any) role, but better bringing him in for the sake of building a tradition than bringing in Wince.
                          The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                            We don't need to give up a core piece to land the Lakers #7 pick ... we just need to take Nash.

They would happily dump the #7 pick to free up another $10M to go hunting for a roster next season. That would leave TWO players: Kobe and our Canadian boy Sacre on the Lakers roster ... go try to buy 'Melo and sell him on having input to help with roster decisions.

A trade of Salmons, maybe Ty, maybe #20 ... take back Nash - but retain the ability to go over the cap to re-sign your own players like Kyle, 2Pat and G, if desired ... I don't picture Nash having much (if any) role, but better bringing him in for the sake of building a tradition than bringing in Wince.
                            This is the key.

It is not about the #7 pick per se.... although that would be amazing.

Cap space does not matter for the Raptors this year. Once you put in their cap holds they only have the MLE to use anyways. On draft night I want to see some MLSE spending. Take on Boozer, Nash, Asik/Lin, whatever to add assets.

After years of OTPP cheapy-cheapy and BC lack of patience band-aid solutions, it would be great to see some serious coin spent in the short term to watch a long term vision unfold.

Comment

Working...
                            X