Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AND ANOTHER OVERPAY

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      ESPN routinely proves they don't watch Raptors games with the ignorant bullshit they come out with
      Get out of here with that bullshit. I hate the whole theory that the raptors never get any respect when they obviously do.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
        Get out of here with that bullshit. I hate the whole theory that the raptors never get any respect when they obviously do.
        you can hate reality all you want but we don't show up on American TV too often (twice last year non playoffs)
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          What? Why? They have two Patterson types in the Morris twins and just drafted a tweener forward in TJ Warren. I fucking hate the Suns.
          The report listed 12 players that either the Suns contacted or that have contacted the Suns. They may have no interest in him at all but contact has been made by one party.

Comment

• Lots of guys getting overpaid wow

Comment

you can hate reality all you want but we don't show up on American TV too often (twice last year non playoffs)
              Most of the tv scheduling was made before the season started. Raps were NOT meant to be good and started off terribly.

Comment

• The dough thats being handed out for FA's is just wild. These GM's can't help themselves. Its like they all have the malfunctioning BC gene.
                S. Livingston at 6M for 3 years.
                Ben Gordon for gawdsakes 9M for 2 years.
                Jodie (who ?) Meeks 19M for 3 years.
                Gordon Hayward wants 52M for 4 years.

And we are just warming up. Anyone still think that Bosh and Wade are going to take 10M each when Gordon Hayward will make more than they do ?

Unless the cap is going through the roof in the next couple of years there are going to be some pretty red faces in certain cities.
                There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                - TGO

Comment

AND ANOTHER OVERPAY

That's not an overpay.

Near 40% 3PT shooter. Provides very efficient scoring off the bench. Great defender and also disruptive with steals and playing the passing lanes. Was somehow able to have +4 net rating despite being on one of the worst teams in the league. Still 27 years old.

3 years would've been better but 4.5M per annum isn't bad for what he gives you.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                    Most of the tv scheduling was made before the season started. Raps were NOT meant to be good and started off terribly.
                    Agreed which means most of the ESPN guys who get paid to cover sexy markets knew fuck all about us. It showed when you listened to their play by play. Now we may get a little more love this season but as far as I am concerned..having watched some or all of 89 games, I value my opinion far more highly than anyone at ESPN

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      That's not an overpay.

Near 40% 3PT shooter. Provides very efficient scoring off the bench. Great defender and also disruptive with steals and playing the passing lanes. Was somehow able to have +4 net rating despite being on one of the worst teams in the league. Still 27 years old.

3 years would've been better but 4.5M per annum isn't bad for what he gives you.
                      It might actually be the most reasonable deal signed so far this offseason. Maybe a very slight overpay in that maybe you'd want to have him at 4M at most, but .5M is not a lot.

I still can't get over Jodie Meeks...and now Ben Gordon too.....now those were overpays

Comment

That likely changes this year as the scheds get made up in advance. If only to see what a Bruno Caboclo looks like
                        - TGO

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                          That's not an overpay.

I agree. 4.5M for Miles is justified IMO.

Comment

• Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
                            That likely changes this year as the scheds get made up in advance. If only to see what a Bruno Caboclo looks like
                            The NBA is not going to give us more national TV because of Caboclo. Most fans do not know nor care who he is.

The Raptors will get more national TV when we are either

A.) A legit contender
                            or
                            B.) Acquire a marquee superstar that average/casual fans want to watch (which would likely also satisfy A).

Comment

• The two Canadians win today at Wimbledon. Edwin hits a walk off homerun.
                              How about the hat - trick and Kyle agrees to terms with us tonite.
                              - TGO

Comment

• Found it sad/amusing that Carmelo fucks up Jeremy Lin wherever he goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X