Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
    The Knucklehead thing is blown out of proportion imo. He acted like a dick towards the Heat to throw them off their game, I truly believe he isn't an idiot, he just did too much on this occasion.
    towards the Heat? He acts like that all the time, not only vs Heat.

No wonder why that fist fight happened between him and turner.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
      The Knucklehead thing is blown out of proportion imo. He acted like a dick towards the Heat to throw them off their game, I truly believe he isn't an idiot, he just did too much on this occasion.
      It's far beyond what he did in the Heat series.

Bird has come out and said he mistakenly wasn't hands on enough with Lance this year like he was other years. Basically meaning he hoped Lance had grown up enough to not need his hand held every second of every day to not become a problem, but he didn't.

Comment

• Anyone think Danny Granger would take the MLE here?
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Everyone keeps saying not to give term to bench players. Totally disagree. If they are young/prime bench players, term is a big leverage asset with them. Remember, the rest of the league can only offer 4 years, and this year most offers are coming in around 3 years. So if you want to spend 5M per year or less on these guys, the way to do it is by offering term.

5M x 5 years for each should do it. That's more guaranteed money than a 4 year full MLE, which is probably the limit of their value. If you are worried mostly about this year and next year's cap, you could offer 5M, 5M, 5.4M, 5.8M, 6.1M and outbid a full MLE by 5M, even though there would be less cap impact this and next year compared to matching a MLE offer sheet.

As said here, you don't usually give term to bench players - so if these guys get pegged for 6-7M from a team with cap room, it'll be on a 3 year deal most likely. So that's 18-21M - still nowhere near the 27M guaranteed we can offer with our longer term.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            Anyone think Danny Granger would take the MLE here?
            I don't know why you'd sign him to that amount. That's way too much for Granger.

Comment

Anyone think Danny Granger would take the MLE here?
              Jamshid answer: Of course not , what are you stupid? Why would we even want to pay that scrub to come here when we can get better players? You are not really a good mod

Normal human-being with functioning brain answer: He probably would but I think it'd be too risky to pay him that with his health issues. Plus he's not really a good defender anymore so that doesn't help us in that area.

Comment

• Patrick Patterson has been contacted by the suns according to hoopshype

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                  Patrick Patterson has been contacted by the suns according to hoopshype
                  Really starting to not like the Suns...

But this might be a S&T for Ennis opportunity.

Comment

• should rename them the Phoenix Cunts
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Scratch what i said about Lance earlier, he's gone. Pacers offered the max they could under the tax and he said no.

#2 seed in the east is legit up for grabs. Pacers also have no cap space after signing Miles.

Comment

Found it sad/amusing that Carmelo fucks up Jeremy Lin wherever he goes.
                        They actually made a pitch for Anthony with a billboard of him in a Rocket uniform with Lin's jersey number. Wow! If I am an NBA player and have my choice, I am staying away from Houston at all costs. Hell, Milwaukee now seems like paradise compared to Houston's disrespectful organization.

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                          Patrick Patterson has been contacted by the suns according to hoopshype
                          Fucking Suns!

These guys are getting annoying as hell
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                            Fucking Suns!

These guys are getting annoying as hell
                            I'm not afraid of them until I see how much they are offering Patterson, because we can match any offers since he's restricted.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The Suns already have the Morris twins, who are stretch 3-4's. Why would they want Patterson, to replace Frye? If so, they'll be looking for a reasonable deal. I don't think we have to worry about them overpaying.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• Lol maybe the Suns are fucking with us cause we fired BC.

Comment

Working...
                                X