Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston is in big trouble.

Losing Asik and Lin, they've actually become worse.

They have about a day or so left to use any cap space.

They can't make offers to restricted free agents.

Sign and trade for Parsons is not possible.

Here is the list of possibilities of UFA:
    Melo
    Ariza
    Deng
    Marion
    Turner
    Stephenson
    Mo Williams
    Blatche
    Humphries
    Mario Chalmers
    Pierce
    Okafor
    Sessions

Too funny.

Things really blew up in Morey's face..... all because of Cuban. LOL

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Houston is in big trouble.

Melo
      Ariza
      Deng
      Marion
      Turner
      Stephenson
      Mo Williams
      Blatche
      Humphries
      Mario Chalmers
      Pierce
      Okafor
      Sessions

Too funny.

Is there a deadline date to sign free agents? Also why can't they offer contracts to restricted free agents?
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• Rockets will be going after KD strong ... Big competition for Raptors in KD hunt ... We need to win NOW to make a good impression for KD.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          Is there a deadline date to sign free agents? Also why can't they offer contracts to restricted free agents?

No deadline for free agents but the clock is ticking on the offer sheet to Parsons from Dallas.

If they match it, *poof*, no more cap space.

Comment

No deadline for free agents but the clock is ticking on the offer sheet to Parsons from Dallas.

True! Poor Rockets. That's what they get. The only good names on that list you wrote are Melo, Ariza and Deng and I don't think they get either of them. For sure not Melo. Even if they got Deng or Ariza that would do nothing for them. At this point in their careers Parsons is better to me.
            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Houston is in big trouble.

Melo
              Ariza
              Deng
              Marion
              Turner
              Stephenson
              Mo Williams
              Blatche
              Humphries
              Mario Chalmers
              Pierce
              Okafor
              Sessions

Too funny.

Why can't they make offers for RFA's?
              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                Why can't they make offers for RFA's?
                If they get the offer in before they match the Parsons' offer sheet, I assume you're implying they can use the cap space they have on a RFA?

It would be extremely risky because if the team matches, then they lose the cap space and the time would have elapsed on Parsons' offer sheet.

Comment

• Mark Cuban is a master troll.

Comment

They should just throw too much money at Stephenson or Deng, get him to sign immediately, then match Parson.

Comment

• Cuban is definitely to blame, but am I wrong in assuming that it might be awkward for Parsons for at least the first few times he talks to Morey? He really screwed them by signing that sheet..
                      Last edited by Garbo; Sat Jul 12, 2014, 09:49 PM.

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
                        Cuban is definitely to blame, but am I wrong in assuming that it might be awkward for Parsons for at least the first few teams he talks to Morey? He really screwed them by signing that sheet..
                        Morey should know better than anyone it is a business.

Who knows how the negotiations went?

Maybe Rockets "only" offering $10M?

Parsons or his agent would be nuts to turn down an extra $16M over 3 years.

Comment

Cuban is definitely to blame, but am I wrong in assuming that it might be awkward for Parsons for at least the first few teams he talks to Morey? He really screwed them by signing that sheet..
                          If Morey begrudges a guy taking a guaranteed contract that increases his salary more than 10-fold over the previous year, he's just as childish as I've always assumed him to be.

Comment

Why is this Cuban's fault? He's got a need for a 3 and Parsons is young and good - albeit not deserving of the max and earning 5M more per year than Dirk. It's business. Let's not forget that Morey both signed Lin and Asik to poison pill contracts. It seems to be his style. Kinda weird that Houston is being treated like a 2nd-tier team by free-agents.
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                              If Morey begrudges a guy taking a guaranteed contract that increases his salary more than 10-fold over the previous year, he's just as childish as I've always assumed him to be.
                              It's only a business when the other guy gets screwed.

Comment

• I'm starting to think that the way Houston is put together is quite dysfuntional. Both Harden and Howard are not good fits.
                                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Working...
                                X