No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&T Fields, Hayes, Novak for the King.

Title

Comment

• Anyone know if we still gotta pay a guys contract if he's playing overseas?
      A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
        Anyone know if we still gotta pay a guys contract if he's playing overseas?
        No.. if he plays a minute in the NBA you do.. but if he has a full contract in Europe than you don't. That's why teams draft euro-stashes all the time.. their pick develops but they don't have to spend the money or use up a roster spot. That's what we did with JV when he was first drafted.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
          No.. if he plays a minute in the NBA you do.. but if he has a full contract in Europe than you don't. That's why teams draft euro-stashes all the time.. their pick develops but they don't have to spend the money or use up a roster spot. That's what we did with JV when he was first drafted.
          Not only don't you, you can't. The player cannot be under contract and play in any league but the NBA and it's affiliate D-league.
          twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• I don't know what other teams are doing. The Melo and King saga continues.

Comment

• Sources: Spencer Hawes agrees to 4-yr/$23M deal with Clippers (first reported by Yahoo!).http://t.co/T7jdHeSw6s http://t.co/T1bgy2CEYk

Wow, what a deal !!! I would have loved to have him for that price ...

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                I really want to know who we're after in free agency other than Tucker. We have to be after someone since Masai traded Novak to free up more space. Other than Tucker and Ariza (who we won't be getting) I don't really like any of the small forward options that much. They are like whatever to me.
                Masai runs a tight office. So we probably will not hear many names. I just hope something happens quickly.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                  Masai runs a tight office. So we probably will not hear many names. I just hope something happens quickly.
                  Me too!
                  I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• im not expecting anyone special... just someone adequate. That's really all we need this year. And hopefully they can guard the position and hit some 3's
                    Last edited by Machine; Sat Jul 5, 2014, 01:32 AM.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      im not expecting anyone special... just someone adequate. That's really all we need this year. And hopefully they can guard the position and hit some 3's
                      Yea for sure. It's not going to be anyone that's all that. I just feel like a lot of the guys left are either only good offensively (so can hit the 3's) Or are only good defensively. The one's that can do both (and that's not many) we most likely can't or won't get.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                        Yea for sure. It's not going to be anyone that's all that. I just feel like a lot of the guys left are either only good offensively (so can hit the 3's) Or are only good defensively. The one's that can do both (and that's not many) we most likely can't or won't get.
                        Ariza is one big SF that Toronto has been linked to this offseason, who fits the 3-and-D description. He's also had his best seasons as his contract is expiring, but if he could be had for a portion of the MLE...

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Ariza is one big SF that Toronto has been linked to this offseason, who fits the 3-and-D description. He's also had his best seasons as his contract is expiring, but if he could be had for a portion of the MLE...
                          That's the thing I don't think we can realistically get him. One we have a lot of competition for him and two I feel he's going to ask for too much money. But he would be my number 1 choice manly just because he's one of the few who can score and play good D.

Comment

• mainly*

Comment

• Since the Novak trade we could sign Jordan Hill to a 3/15 contract , sign GV to a 3/12 contract , renounce De Colo and drop Buycks and Stone and still be under the luxury tax by 6.3 million. A SF who fits the bill for toughness and he is on a team that has ownership issues and are now hitting the luxury tax with only 11 players.

Matt Barnes who has a salary attribution of 3.3 million dollars - has defensive skills, athleticism and has greater height than Tucker and is more affordable. Maybe another second round pick will be required to close the deal. This leaves Toronto at around $ 75 million spent for 2014.

In 2015 Toronto could have 28.6 million coming off the books leaving 46.4 million or almost 20 million under the 2015 proposed salary cap of $ 66 million.

Of the players that contracts expire only Amir and Lou Williams maybe retained. One maybe traded at the deadline, if not and two players are retained at similar amounts this would leave 9 million under the future cap.

Comment

• Sign GV, keep DeColo, and waive Buycks, and Stone. Sign a veteran SF with some size to full MLE for 1 year. When every one expires after this season, we will have 9 players under contract (including the '15 rookie), and 20-24M, to spend before reaching the salary cap. We'll have a core of DeMar, Lowry, Ross, JV, 2Pat, GV, Bruno, and Bebe + '15 the rookie and hopefully Daniels. A max player can be added next season. I really don't like the idea of holding out just for Durant. Sign a Max (Love) or close to Max PF and build up the rest of the second unit and we are gold!

Comment

Working...
                                X