Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    apparently we have been reported to have interest in Vince Carter bringing our total number of wing players to 80 something
    We actually don't have a lot of wings....DeMar, Ross, Fields, Caboclo....Novak doesn't count as he's used by Casey more as a stretch 4. Fields and Caboclo may not play any meaningful minutes at all next year.

The other "wings" you are alluding to are the guards we have, only which two of them have the size to play SG, Vasquez and De Colo, and neither can play SF. Williams is a SG in style, but a PG defensively. Lowry is a PG.

So really, DeMar and Ross are still the only guys we have who can give good minutes at both SG and SF, making them the only pure wings we have in what figures to be our actual rotation. Basically, we still really need a SF who can play some minutes. Really badly actually, or else we'll be playing a lot of small perimeter lineups next year.

*At this point I'd prefer for it not to be Vince Carter. Want a guy with size and/or strength still. PJ Tucker is high on my list. Marvin Williams as well.

Comment

• Jameer Nelson is a free agent now as well...I have no interest and can't see it as anything but a 3rd PG in the even of De Colo and Vasquez taking off
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        We actually don't have a lot of wings....DeMar, Ross, Fields, Caboclo....Novak doesn't count as he's used by Casey more as a stretch 4. Fields and Caboclo may not play any meaningful minutes at all next year.

The other "wings" you are alluding to are the guards we have, only which two of them have the size to play SG. Vasquez and De Colo, and neither can play SF. Williams is a SG in style, but a PG defensively. Lowry is a PG.

So really, DeMar and Ross are still the only guys we have who can give good minutes at both SG and SF, making them the only pure wings we have in what figures to be our actual rotation. Basically, we still really need a SF who can play some minutes. Really badly actually, or else we'll be playing a lot of small perimeter lineups next year.

I was being a little tongue in cheek but

Vasquez is a 1/2
        Lowry is a 1/2
        De Colo is a 1/2
        Williams is a 1/2
        Ross is a 2/3
        DeRozan is a 2/3
        Fields is a 2/3
        Cabolco is a 3
        Daniels is a 3

We have 9 guys that could eat into wing minutes
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
          I was being a little tongue in cheek but

Vasquez is a 1/2
          Lowry is a 1/2

De Colo is a 1/2
          Williams is a 1/2
          Ross is a 2/3
          DeRozan is a 2/3

Fields is a 2/3
          Cabolco is a 3
          Daniels is a 3

We have 9 guys that could eat into wing minutes
          Could is a strong word. And by strong I mean meaningless.

The bolded are the guys who, if around and healthy, will get minutes. Nando won't get shit unless we don't sign a 3. Caboclo and Daniels won't get minutes (we don't even know if Daniels will be on the roster at all). Fields may if by some miracle his shot returns, otherwise expect him not to.

We need a real SF, then we'll have 6 guys who eat into minutes at the 1-3 positions, and 3 main bigs for the PF/C rotation....So that's a normal 9-man rotation that would have 3 bigs, 3 pure wings, and 3 guards...sounds about right to me, though personally I'd prefer one more SG/SF instead of the extra PG/SG. And we'll have guys like Nando, Hansbrough, Hayes, Fields and the youngsters left to get spot minutes and garbage time.

Comment

• Ed Davis is Unrestricted

If we don't get to sign Patterson, maybe we can grab him for the minimum?
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• I miss Ed

Lotta folk here and pundits feel like he doesn't fit the team, but not me.

HE'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

• No thanks.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Speshal Ed!
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    I miss Ed

Lotta folk here and pundits feel like he doesn't fit the team, but not me.

HE'S STILL REAL TO ME, DAMMIT

I'm loving the fact that you know you shouldn't want him yet you do, love is blinding aha

But really though, please don't sign Davis... We have 6 bigs on the roster

Comment

• We don't need another big, plus he's definitely going to get more than a minimum contract.

Comment

• Patman here --> No Ed
                        Patman not here --> Get Ed
                        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                          Patman here --> No Ed
                          Patman not here --> Get Ed
                          Dis Agree with ure statement.
                          If patrick don't stay, I still don't want Ed.
                          This team ain't in rebuilding stage anymore,time 2 get some veteran players.
                          Guys who have won or want 2 win..
                          No Thanks.
                          "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                          My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ree-agent-star

Note: not sure if the source is reliable or not

Comment

• We already got JV, Amir, Patman, Bebe, Chuck (because of contract) and maybe Hands Bro, with Novak playing some 4.

I don't see how he'll fit into the rotation.
                              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• 007 wrote: View Post
                                We already got JV, Amir, Patman, Bebe, Chuck (because of contract) and maybe Hands Bro, with Novak playing some 4.

I don't see how he'll fit into the rotation.
                                Hansbrough's guaranteed now

Comment

Working...
                                X