Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    The Hayward stuff is just insanity. Just proof that Cleveland still has no clue wtf they're doing, and that in all likelihood the problem is, and always has been, the owner.

Hayward the max? On a team that just drafted Wiggins, Jack can play some SG, Waiters is still there, Bennett will need some SF minutes....WTF Cleveland...?
    Wiggins and Hayward can both play the 2/3 interchangeably. Not an issue.

I actually see the logic for Cleveland. While it is an overpay, theoretically they've already assembled their team so it doesn't really matter.

Kyrie/Wiggins/Hayward/TT/Varejao

Waiters as 6th man. Can still go after a big money center if they move some contracts around as well.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
      Anyone know the league average for TS%?
      I think it's around 54%. The average for teams is 54.1% from last season.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
        If DD was a RFA right now I can see a team give him the max easily
        man that would suck.
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
          I think it's around 53%
          I know he was asked to do more this year and so his efficiency would certainly take a hit.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I heard Blatt say Wiggins is a big 2...a Wiggins, Hayward tandem is certainly dynamic
            But it's not that simple with their roster. Jack is a combo guard, Waiters can only play the 2, and even Dellavedova got minutes last year as a backup PG. So before this move, you'd probably have to assume Wiggins plays both wing spots...and he'd still pretty much have to, as would Hayward, it just makes it harder to keep everyone happy and balance minutes, especially when you throw in Bennett probably getting some minutes at the 3....It's just a mess.

Watch, Utah will force a S&T, and Cleveland will give thme like Varejao, Thompson, Wiggins and a 1st round pick or some shit, and Utah will laugh and laugh....

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

But it's not that simple with their roster. Jack is a combo guard, Waiters can only play the 2, and even Dellavedova got minutes last year as a backup PG. So before this move, you'd probably have to assume Wiggins plays both wing spots...and he'd still pretty much have to, as would Hayward, it just makes it harder to keep everyone happy and balance minutes, especially when you throw in Bennett probably getting some minutes at the 3....It's just a mess.

Watch, Utah will force a S&T, and Cleveland will give thme like Varejao, Thompson, Wiggins and a 1st round pick or some shit, and Utah will laugh and laugh....
                Utah is hoarding bigs. I assume they'll take TT and Varejevo

Comment

Thing with Cleveland, most of their pieces are moveable so I wouldn't worry about them too much. They seem to be headed in the right direction

Comment

Probably just gonna grab a draft pick or two along with him, or maybe Capela.

Philly is not even attempting to build a team atm, just stockpiling assets. I'm very interested to see if it works.

Comment

Thing with Cleveland, most of their pieces are moveable so I wouldn't worry about them too much. They seem to be headed in the right direction
                      This. Everyone on that roster has positive value in a trade.

Comment

Its not a trade its a dump. Question is what Rockets have to give up. Make S&T less likely if they give everything up to dump Lin. They also have no salary's to trade for Melo and Lowry unless they give up Harden.

Comment

Every summer people say that....and every summer they're back in the lottery.

Comment

• If you go to Clucthfans forums ( Rockets forum)

They're fans are full of themselves haha
                            Thinking Lowry signing to them is almost a gurantee and Toronto is no match LMAO
                            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Every summer people say that....and every summer they're back in the lottery.

Blatt is an amazing two way coach. Griffin seems to have his head screwed on straight.

I'd say Cavs are done being perennial fuckups...even if they are about to make Irving and Hayward their two max guys

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                                If you go to Clucthfans forums ( Rockets forum)

They're fans are full of themselves haha
                                Thinking Lowry signing to them is almost a gurantee and Toronto is no match LMAO
                                Well look at it from their perspective:

Dwight, Harden, Parsons, 50+ Wins, Warm-weather city, low taxes.

vs.

DeRozan, JV, Ross, 48 Wins in the weak east, Cold-Weather city, high taxes, in Canada.

Comment

Working...
                                X