Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
    I don't mind the heads up.. because it could have been chaos, but I agree.

He shouldn't be able to have the police at his fngertips
    Why not? He is a business (millionaire and celebrity) man concerned about his safety while he makes a public announcement.
    Myself (March 2014):
    The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Idk how the hell you guys are using Sam Amico as a reliable source. This is the same clown that said LBJ was announcing it yesterday at 6PM EST. He has no fucking clue.

Comment

• Just can't help but think of what absolute losers those Cleveland fans would be, if he doesn't sign there, and they go to trash his house. Not that they aren't losers already...

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
          Why not? He is a business (millionaire and celebrity) man concerned about his safety while he makes a public announcement.
          This. If LeBron actually did alert the police there's nothing wrong with that. Protecting himself.

Yeah let me just not protect myself so posters on RaptorsRepublic don't insult my character...

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
            He didn't make an announcement...

Comment

• Hope he's retiring to play minor league baseball.

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                Hope he's retiring to play minor league baseball.
                golf would be better

Comment

• mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                  He didn't make an announcement...
                  This.

I absolutely am 100% on board with him calling the police to give them a heads up. I think that him doing that is a great gesture.

However, him falling behind for whatever reason and failing to inform the police that he wouldn't be making the decision are what I find upsetting.

They are NOT his pawns. They have jobs to do as well.
                  I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                  -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                    This. If LeBron actually did alert the police there's nothing wrong with that. Protecting himself.

Yeah let me just not protect myself so posters on RaptorsRepublic don't insult my character...
                    I wish I could just alert police when nothing is happening. I wish.

I agree with police presence if he actually announces where he's going, but "alerting" police for NOTHING is just an abuse of power.

You can't just alert police if you haven't decided. Police will come and protect Lebron's house no matter what he decides, city doesn't want to be responsible for damages or even worse.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      I wish I could just alert police when nothing is happening. I wish.

I agree with police presence if he actually announces where he's going, but "alerting" police for NOTHING is just an abuse of power.
                      YOU DON'T KNOW THAT HE ALERTED THE COPS!

Jesus Christ, some of you are being incredibly annoying and difficult. Think about it a little. No legitimate sources are actually reporting that authorities were alerted. You think Woj (who reports draft picks before they're even announced), Stein and other legit twitter reporters wouldn't have heard about this and confirmed it?

Comment

YOU DON'T KNOW THAT HE ALERTED THE COPS!

Jesus Christ, some of you are being incredibly annoying and difficult. Think about it a little. No legitimate sources are actually reporting that authorities were alerted. You think Woj (who reports draft picks before they're even announced), Stein and other legit twitter reporters wouldn't have heard about this and confirmed it?
                        It was reported that his camp alerted police.

EDIT: NBCnews just said that nobody called Akron Police.

Comment

It was reported that his camp alerted police.
                          Look at the source for Pete's sake. It's the same guy who said LBJ was announcing his decision last night at 6PM.............

:facepalm:

Comment

Look at the source for Pete's sake. It's the same guy who said LBJ was announcing his decision last night at 6PM.............

:facepalm:
                            What source? NBCSports reported it before Sam got info on this.

now nbcsports just said that akron police hasn't received any calls.

Comment

What source? NBCSports reported it before Sam got info on this.

now nbcsports just said that akron police hasn't received any calls.
                              And now you guys all look terrible for insulting LBJ for something that you didn't even KNOW he did.

Jesus, wait for full information before you lay into someone.

Comment

• Police themselves said his camp didn't call them.

Even if he did, Police show up in anticipation of any gathering for anything, cops show up when some schools students get of class for christ's sake, any protest not only to protect Lebron but also the masses there. That's their Job, people are just looking for excuses to bash Lebron.

Comment

Working...
                                X