No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not promising a championship. I know how hard that is to deliver. We’re not ready right now. No way. Of course, I want to win next year, but I’m realistic. It will be a long process, much longer than it was in 2010. My patience will get tested. I know that. I’m going into a situation with a young team and a new coach. I will be the old head. But I get a thrill out of bringing a group together and helping them reach a place they didn’t know they could go. I see myself as a mentor now and I’m excited to lead some of these talented young guys. I think I can help Kyrie Irving become one of the best point guards in our league. I think I can help elevate Tristan Thompson and Dion Waiters. And I can’t wait to reunite with Anderson Varejao, one of my favorite teammates.

Interesting no mention of Wiggins.

Trade coming for Love?

Comment

• Other than this being drawn out, that was a pretty classy way to do it

Comment

• http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers

Read the article. I finally feel like he gets it. Comes across as very authentic
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
          So LeBron is going back to the Cavs...I wonder if Bosh regrets not taking the Houston deal sooner?

Also, LBJ had to go back to Cleveland...did you see his crazy they were going? They would have burnt his house down.
          Bosh can still take the Houston deal. And I expect he will.

And if I were Melo, I'd go anywhere except NY or LAL.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            http://www.si.com/nba/2014/07/11/leb...land-cavaliers

Read the article. I finally feel like he gets it. Comes across as very authentic
            But this is not about the roster or the organization. I feel my calling here goes above basketball. I have a responsibility to lead, in more ways than one, and I take that very seriously. My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.
            He definitely learned from The Decision.
            Myself (March 2014):
            The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• I have to say, if he actually said those words and he actually means them, I have a little new found respect for LeBron outside of his immense basketball talent.

It was an interesting read.

I think everyone should read it before commenting.

Comment

• What an awesome story. Good for Cleveland!
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Really happy for Cleveland..
                  Miami..Pat Riley,how does it Feel..

"Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                  My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• What the what

Comment

• Lol @McRoberts and Granger btw.
                      Myself (March 2014):
                      The raptors are a tremendous young team and will win a championship in the following five years.

Comment

• Does this make it easier for us to get Wiggins later on down the road since LeBron is going to be the man in Cleveland? Also how the fuck do we beat Cleveland now?
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• OptimalOptimist wrote: View Post
                          Lol @McRoberts and Granger btw.
                          They didn't sign yet.. at least I don't think.

Comment

• I wonder if Wade will get his $20M now?

Comment

• Cavs have four #1 picks now!
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Welcome back to hell, Heat fans

Comment

Working...
                                X