No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavs are going to be really, really good next year… inexperienced or not.

Comment

• #FirstWorldProblems :'(
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
        Holeee. The East is frickin' WIDE OPEN this year. Miami will suck. Cavs will be much better, but not 'chip ready. Indy is a bit in disarray. Brooklyn is old. Bulls are a question mark with Rose. Knicks are crap.

ECF: Raps vs. Wiz.

I'm calling it now.
        Wiz definitely look like faves to at least win their division now. But can't sleep on Atlanta. If Horford is back healthy, they play good ball...Budenholzer so far does look like a true Pop disciple. *EDIT: Charlotte also may have improved a bit this offseason...Really, the teams here have probably small gaps between them.

Cavs may not be 'chip ready...but is any team from the East capable of beating whoever comes out of the West? I still think any team with LeBron is a real threat, experienced or not. Sprinkle in a couple of vets to stabilize the locker room with LeBron, and they could see results fast. There's enough chaos in that division, as you mention the Bulls and Indy have their own issues, that it's wide open. I think whoever comes out of that division is probably favorite for the conference.

Raps still have the opportunity to lock down their division. As things stand, BKL the only threat, and they haven't exactly been improving their team this offseason.
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Fri Jul 11, 2014, 02:09 PM.

Comment

• Smart move by LBJ. He knew the Raps were gonna go to TOWN on some Miami ass in the next playoffs and didn't want his legacy to end like that.

Comment

• If I'm minnasota I'm asking for Wiggins in any KLove trade
            "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Cavs vs. Raps ECF
              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                Cavs are going to be really, really good next year… inexperienced or not.
                No question they will be really good, but playoffs are a different beast and if you aren't experienced you aren't likely to go far. Raptors could be making a bit of ground in the east with LBJ moving to Clevland.

Comment

• Do the Cavs trade for Love now? I would if I was them. Wiggins will be really good, but Love is already a superstar in the league, and would make the Cavs the favorites to win it all in my eyes.
                  Their current offer of Waiters, Bennett, and a 1st for love is absolutely terrible. Gotta send them Wiggins if they want Love.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    Wiz definitely look like faves to at least win their division now. But can't sleep on Atlanta. If Horford is back healthy, they play good ball...Budenholzer so far does look like a true Pop disciple.

Cavs may not be 'chip ready...but is any team from the East capable of beating whoever comes out of the West? I still think any team with LeBron is a real threat, experienced or not. Sprinkle in a couple of vets to stabilize the locker room with LeBron, and they could see results fast. There's enough chaos in that division, as you mention the Bulls and Indy have their own issues, that it's wide open. I think whoever comes out of that division is probably favorite for the conference.

Raps still have the opportunity to lock down their division. As things stand, BKL the only threat, and they haven't exactly been improving their team this offseason.
                    Blatt is an excellent coach, too.

But playoff experience is huge. I think if Melo goes to the Bulls they'll be the top seed in the East or will at least be most likely to win the ECF. That's a big if though.

If Houston got a better coach I'd give them the nod in the west but not with McHale running the ship.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      Wiz definitely look like faves to at least win their division now. But can't sleep on Atlanta. If Horford is back healthy, they play good ball...Budenholzer so far does look like a true Pop disciple.

Forgot about the Hawks, for sure. Coaching could be the difference this year.

You've got Clifford in Charlotte and SVG now in Detroit, so you've got to take those teams seriously.

And how would you like to be David Blatt? A year ago, he was coaching less-talented squads in Israel, and now you've got the best player on the planet in his prime. Damn. Talk about good luck and massive pressure at the same time.

Time to step up, Dwane Casey.

BTW, nitpicking, but why the heck was this thread moved.? I mean, Lebron suddenly changing teams cannot simply be lumped into a "2014 non-Raptors Free Agent thread". This changes the whole balance of power in the NBA and almost deserves a category on its own.

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
                        BTW, nitpicking, but why the heck was this thread moved.? I mean, Lebron suddenly changing teams cannot simply be lumped into a "2014 non-Raptors Free Agent thread". This changes the whole balance of power in the NBA and almost deserves a category on its own.
                        because in the last few months this site as become merge obsessed. There must be an ocd mod because no matter what the topic they find a way to get rid of it into a giant heap of confusing conversations going on at once. Its very annoying.
                        9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• if Love goes to CLE then the Cavs starting lineup is better than the heat starters.

Irving > Chalmers
                          Waiters > Wade (only playing every other game, health)
                          Lebron = Lebron
                          Love >>> Bosh
                          Varejao > anybody they put at center

Obviously CLE is not very deep but we'll see what happens. They could take less time to mesh than people think.

Comment

• I really think Indiana is gonna get worse this year, especially if they lose Lance. I can see us grabbing the 2nd or 3rd seed. I see us as the 3rd best in the East imo.

Cavs
                            Bulls
                            Raps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

• i get why people think Love would be an awesome pickup but if i'm the cavs i'd rather be rolling with my current roster going forward. with how meh the east is they could easily win the east, regardless of how many young guys they have. plus they'd be a better team in 5 years than if they dealt for Love now.

just my opinion, anyways.

i probably would trade waiters and try and get some shooting though
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                                I really think Indiana is gonna get worse this year, especially if they lose Lance. I can see us grabbing the 2nd or 3rd seed. I see us as the 3rd best in the East imo.

Cavs
                                Bulls
                                Raps

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
                                The bulls without Carmelo are not threatening.
                                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Working...
                                X