Canada Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• c-troop wrote: View Post
    ex. not "said country" is not an example.
    sorry, I don't understand what you meant here.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
      federations approved it, they aren't the same as domestic leagues. e.g. USA basketball (federation) vs. NBA (league).

I never saw much sense in FIBA new calendar and never thought the clubs would follow it.

I don't think it matters if FIBA announces some unilateral plan 4 years in advance or 10 years in advance, the question is if it makes sense for clubs. Clubs don't owe FIBA anything. If FIBA wants agreement from clubs, it should involve clubs in the decision making process.

Bigger Euroleague with more games is the way to go IMO. Especially great for clubs from countries without big domestic leagues, i.e. not Spain.
      BobLoblaw lobs basketball law bomb!
      Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
        federations approved it, they aren't the same as domestic leagues. e.g. USA basketball (federation) vs. NBA (league).

I never saw much sense in FIBA new calendar and never thought the clubs would follow it.

I don't think it matters if FIBA announces some unilateral plan 4 years in advance or 10 years in advance, the question is if it makes sense for clubs. Clubs don't owe FIBA anything. If FIBA wants agreement from clubs, it should involve clubs in the decision making process.

Bigger Euroleague with more games is the way to go IMO. Especially great for clubs from countries without big domestic leagues, i.e. not Spain.

You're wrong on this mate. Federations approved new calendar in 2014. New FIBA calendar was then accepted by the entire FIBA family incl. all European domestic leagues (through the Union of European leagues of basketball representatives). Domestic leagues accepted new calendar on August 2015. Euroleague has changed it's format 11 months later. The only thing Euroleague needed to do was to start 2017 season one-week later and introduce only one more double-header. That's it.

I agree with you that FIBA calendar doesn't make any sense. Especially when the real governing body of basketball is NBA and Euroleague, not FIBA.

FIBA wants to act like FIFA.
        Last edited by rocwell; Fri Aug 18, 2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

• I know Joel Friesen... hope he makes it

Comment

• TrueTorontoFan wrote: View Post
            I know Joel Friesen... hope he makes it
            Final Roster

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...up-2017-roster

Can anyone of these guys match up with Bruno ... All kidding aside ... Don't know what this tourney accomplishes ?

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
              Final Roster

http://www.basketball.ca/en/news-art...up-2017-roster

Can anyone of these guys match up with Bruno ... All kidding aside ... Don't know what this tourney accomplishes ?
              Many of these players will be playing on the team that plays the qualifying games starting in November. It builds chemistry, and allows the coaching staff to implement thier offense and deffence that will carry over to meaninful games. Think of it as preseason.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Grandy Glaze - what a name!

Comment

• I am confused ... Roy Rana is listed as Head Coach but Jay is SMNT Program Head Coach .. I would like to see what Ray does with the team .

Comment

• Canada down 5 to the Virgin Islands at half. Everyone getting in the game, will be interesting to see if the rotation gets shorter in the 2nd half.

Sam Mitchell coaching for VI.

Link http://firstrows.xyz/basketball/xft-...6?l=1673534571
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                      Canada down 5 to the Virgin Islands at half. Everyone getting in the game, will be interesting to see if the rotation gets shorter in the 2nd half.

Sam Mitchell coaching for VI.

Link http://firstrows.xyz/basketball/xft-...6?l=1673534571
                      Holly crap they lost ....Shouldn't at this stage of Canada Basketball that this type of game is an automatic win ..
                      Last edited by guyroch; Sun Aug 27, 2017, 11:26 PM.

Comment

• Canada is out of the tournament
                        Only one thing matters: We The Champs.

Comment

• lol
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Canada is out of the tournament
                            Another sucessfull SMNT tournament in the books .
                            Last edited by guyroch; Tue Aug 29, 2017, 12:01 AM.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post

Canada is out of the tournament
                              What a dagger that shot was. Yikes.

Comment

• Isn't the purpose for a World championship to have all the best countries participating . This format is a out right joke . The top teams have their C to D playing .

Comment

Working...
                                X