• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
      Well it's safe to say this one is over.

Canada is bleeding gold tonight

I wonder if winning effects FIBA rankings ... Or is at only the Sr level.

Comment

• Damn, missed the game. This is awesome. Happy for them. Great accomplishment.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tqFwfsQLnzE

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
          I wonder if winning effects FIBA rankings ... Or is at only the Sr level.
          There are different rankings for boys. We'll climb to 2nd place in the World(prev: 3rd). 1st: USA, 3rd: Lithuania

Combined rankings are pointless imo

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I once made a mistake of buying the Wiggins hype. Never again. Canadians have this tendency to overhype their own athletes like no one else. I still remember the Wiggins hype. Remember when he made the cover of SI standing besidea Wilt Chamberlain?

I mean, Wiggins is a good player. But he's nothing special.

Milos Raonic is another one. He's an AWFUL tennis player. An awful tennis player. Never won a Grand Slam in his career and i doubt he wins one. But the Canadian media talks about him like he's Roger Federer. Just ridiculous.
            I'm totally buying the RJ Barrett hype. There's a huge difference between being talented and being a winner. Barrett just showed me something. You can't teach alpha and it looks like he's got that.

Comment

• Kehm Birch has signed with Orlando, not sure what type of deal. Will be nice to see if he can carve out a few years in the NBA.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• The great Milos Raonic(#7 in the world so he must be good) got completely destroyed by 35 year old Roger Federer.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                  The great Milos Raonic(#7 in the world so he must be good) got completely destroyed by 35 year old Roger Federer.
                  There's a massive drop off in men's tennis from the top 1-3 guys and everybody else, it's not just Raonic.

Also, Federer is arguably the greatest tennis player of all time. Raonic is just top 10 in his era. What do you want?

I don't think Raonic gets undue hype. Bouchard still gets extra attention even though she completely fell off after her concussion. A tennis story often leads with a report on her losing an early round match to a low or unranked player, then throw in a couple lines at the end about Raonic advancing. If it's about the tennis, those stories should feature Raonic with a couple throw in lines about Bouchard.
                  "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

• Is R.J. Barrett the Greatest Canadian Basketball Prospect Ever?

https://theringer.com/rj-barrett-fib...t-fbe374453d92
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

• Joseph-wiggins-barrett-Olynyk-Thompson
                      With stauskus and murray on the bench

I think rocwell was saying qualifying has changed so it's done in season for lower ranked teams like canada. We may never get to see what this team can do
                      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• KeonClark wrote: View Post
                        Joseph-wiggins-barrett-Olynyk-Thompson
                        With stauskus and murray on the bench

I think rocwell was saying qualifying has changed so it's done in season for lower ranked teams like canada. We may never get to see what this team can do
                        Our 1st rd qualifying schedule is ready

Canada vs Bahamas on 24 Nov 2017 @ Halifax
                        Dominican Republic vs Canada on 27 Nov 2017
                        U.S. Virgin Islands vs Canada on 22 Feb 2018
                        Bahamas vs Canada 25 Feb 2018
                        Canada vs Dominican Republic 29 June 2018
                        Canada vs U.S. Virgin Islands 2 Jul 2018

Second round qualifying games will be played from 14 Sep 2018 - 25 Feb 2019

First round should be easy.

Comment

• Jerry Stackhouse believes one of his G League players is a better shooter than Stephen Curry

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-stack...021722049.html

Brady Heslip .... Glad to hear that Brady is getting some talk thanks to Stack

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Our 1st rd qualifying schedule is ready

Canada vs Bahamas on 24 Nov 2017 @ Halifax
                            Dominican Republic vs Canada on 27 Nov 2017
                            U.S. Virgin Islands vs Canada on 22 Feb 2018
                            Bahamas vs Canada 25 Feb 2018
                            Canada vs Dominican Republic 29 June 2018
                            Canada vs U.S. Virgin Islands 2 Jul 2018

Second round qualifying games will be played from 14 Sep 2018 - 25 Feb 2019

First round should be easy.
                            I'll be really curious to see what the roster for this ends up being. I'm hoping we can at least manage that second-tier talent level with guys like Ejim, the other Josephs, Bachynskis, Scrubbs etc. Will they drop in college and NBA players for the June and July games? Dominican Republic is solid (ranked ahead of us in FIBA ranking) and less reliant on NBA talent, but hopefully we can knock them off for the best possible seeding going into the second round.

Comment

• octothorp wrote: View Post
                              I'll be really curious to see what the roster for this ends up being. I'm hoping we can at least manage that second-tier talent level with guys like Ejim, the other Josephs, Bachynskis, Scrubbs etc. Will they drop in college and NBA players for the June and July games? Dominican Republic is solid (ranked ahead of us in FIBA ranking) and less reliant on NBA talent, but hopefully we can knock them off for the best possible seeding going into the second round.
                              FIBA wants to go fully FIFA lol. It pisses me off cuz no league signed off on that. But oh well. Teams like Dominican Republic should thrive in such qualifying tournaments so we have to do better(not choke) and pre qualify next time.

Qualifiers should be easy imo. Dominican Republic is solid but three teams(out of 4) will go to second round. Surely we can beat Bahamas and Virgin Islands.

Honestly, 2nd round shouldn't be a problem for us with or w/o NBA talent. Top 3 teams from the group will qualify for WC. Best fourth placed team will get a ticket, too. I'm not really worried about seeding tbh.
                              Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jul 15, 2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• guyroch wrote: View Post
                                Jerry Stackhouse believes one of his G League players is a better shooter than Stephen Curry

https://sports.yahoo.com/jerry-stack...021722049.html

Brady Heslip .... Glad to hear that Brady is getting some talk thanks to Stack
                                I'm so totally out of the loop these days. What the hell is a G League? and what's the difference between the D League and the G Leauge?
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X